Art: Before multiplicative process girl, robot and prisoner girl

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Before multiplicative process girl, robot and prisoner girl

Two extra-curricular works. Does not have the goal the attempt various styles creation form. Only is is very cruel in the creation time feeling

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    their both nice works... the girls visable hand in the second one is very large and awkwardly positioned...

also... i have no idea what you said at the start of that post... no idea at all. =|

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice TRY ! But somehow I WISH that people STOP RIPPPING other artist's style .such as this one ..This is pure Asley Wood !! Why don't you come up with your own Style man...this Org is all about that !!! serriously ! Use your skills to do other stuff.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    from what I can make out of his post; he's trying different styles so i'm sure he's quite aware of what this one is.... So perhaps say something constructive, like work on the anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow Deltron talking about useless posts, doesnt matter if this style is from someone else or not, as an artist you have to beginn somewhere.
    liangSZ I think this piece is really great work, thus i have to agree with rawr about the hand, the thumb looks a bit too long in my opinion
    Although you should consider to do a bit more with the backround, then again I really like the image overall!

good work
    greetz bluesky

Our decisions make us what we are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the picture, like Anjo said you have to start somewhere.

mmm... tastes like chicken.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The rendering is good. You've used nice colours and the lighting is well done. two things that stuck out to me was that the arm on the left seems to go into the robots head, rather than around it. Maybe show the hand coming around the side so it makes more sense. Secondly her hand on the right is either awkwardly twisted all the way around, or the thumb is on the wrong side of the hand.

Its just two things that took my attention away from everything else. Fix'em and it would be a great peice .

Thanks

edit: fyi, only see one image, the girl with the robot. Did'nt know there supposed to be multple pictures.

Last edited by flatliner; January 5th, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! I agree with the comments above.

I also DON'T think they look like Ashley Wood's work. (which by the way his work is similar of many other artists). Even if you are compared to his styles thats fine. There is very little that can be done in styles that has not already been done before.

Dutton Guest
    I really like the palette in both pieces. Very nice split complementary color scheme.

Subject matter-wise, delton's got a point, despite the manner in which he stated it. The 'iron giant' theme is pretty old. I was joking with my girlfriend the other day that anyone wishing to get a full page in Spectrum simply had to paint a retro robot because a few new ones turn up every year, but I believe there's some truth to it. Anyway, it's your own 'extra-curricular' art so it's up to you to paint whatever you want. And yes, it's absolutely true you need to start somewhere. Hell, I remember copying old Shredder drawings from the TMNT graphic novels in junior high.

But just consider this for any work you wish to put in your portfolio, and I really don't mean the following to be insulting: Why use something that's been done by other people? If you get work based on it, you're only getting work the original artist was either too busy or too good to do. And do you really want to be known as the artist that gets sloppy seconds?
    While it's true we all draw inspiration from other artists, I believe there is plenty to be done in pushing style and subject matter, or a lot of us are going to be out of a job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everybody the opinion and to color like. The human body structure I also can continue to practice. Hopes my next chart leading lady to be able the sex appeal!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont think the poor guy understood all the stuff about ashley wood and so on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! I have to agree with the girl hand. Don't giv a **** 'bout what others say 'bout rippin stuffs. And who the **** is Asley Wood?!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.