Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Daily doodles and other art[Update: 29.07.2006]

Hello everybody!
    Just some words I want to tell you before you can watch my images :
    I decided to open this sketchbook because "spacemanchris" suggested me to do this I hope you can have a happy time watching my progress and get some idea how my little world looks like Also I hope you can help me becoming better if you find something which I did not right or good Feel free to commend like you want You might have noticed I like to use smileys even if they not fit to my sentence, well just take it as it is

I think a good start is to show you some art of what I did the last time. So I now decide: I show you some art I did the last time (deja vue?). I posted some of this images in another thread in the critique center but I think it is better to see them here to get an idea of what I have been doing the last time.

I mostly post the images here in big size, if this is not the best way, say some words and I am going to post them smaller but details get lost, so I love to show big images

But there is something to be said before you can watch the images. You are asking what this might be? Allright I thought it would be nice to hear a few sentence about myself, maybe one of you is interrested in this, maybe nobody but if someone joins the forum than everything is written before he/she could ask
    As you can read in the topic my name is Thomas, don't know if this is interresting to anybody but I think one should introduce oneself. I am 18years old and live in Germany in a town called Essen. Essen means eat which is mostly really crazy when you talk to other people. I am going to school for the last year (I hope ) now. I am working with 3D Studio Max and Photoshop. The 2D stuff is always completly done in photoshop. The 3D stuff is done in Max but the textures mostly in photoshop. To get an image of me I did a selfpotrait:

I worked for 2 months on planet studies. I really enjoyed them and did some interresting planets I think. I gave myself the goal to do them as different als possible, so here I give you one of them:

Not so far ago I tried myself more and more in CG complete freehandpainting. This is what I did and can remember of it I am planing to do a little more on this robot. I want to do some cooler angels and I think this robot will also change a little

To get a better feeling of colors I began to paint this girl, I am a little afraid of going on because I think I might fall in love with her I just love the eyes ...

Ok now my little journy in this post arrives present. This is what I finished today. My first attempt on an environment complete CG.

Enjoy

Oh well and sorry for my english

Last edited by ThomasK; April 1st, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all!

This is something I thought of as a "welcome" for my new website design. Just some color thoughts.

Something else I thought of today, just a short sketch I like this pose. I want to get this finished as some sith who might say something like "try to kill me you have no chance". The sith should be totally sure he will win but looking a little aggressive (face). Please tell me what I did wron with this pose

I am planing to spend some time on redesigning this concept (done by myself some years ago with 3D Studio Max):

This walker will become a new body and something which can be named as a head. I want do concentrate myself on insects and do some chitin like body. I started sketching today but I have nothing to scan my sketches so I have to go to a friend and you have to wait till tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I also think the body will get some jet to take off. The size is around a human hand. So this is no big battle droid but some small robot

C&C are always welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am interested in the painting process you use on those portraits. Your skill seems to vary from one painting to another so I'm a bit skeptical about your true abilities.

Looking at the first two paintings for example, I just can't see you being able to conjure up portraits that are as 'correct' as what you have here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a little confused now. Which "first two paintings" do you mean? Maybe can you say this again in other words please? So I am not sure if I understand what you wanted to say sorry ...

I think you mean the 2 images in my latest post. Yeah this were 5 minute sketches. This were paintings I would never put into my portfolio or in some gallery but this are some ideas which I came up with today and wanted to present you. The potraits were worked for over 5hours I think so I spend a lot of time in them.

Last edited by ThomasK; January 1st, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well... yaah - nice work especially those portraits and that burnin' planet. maybe u could do some sharpness to ur paintings (helicopter, flying mech) - try to find a focus.

Keep on rockin' so that i could follow your sketchbook as well whooooot - i like those cheerleaders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think your faces are are bit to flawless but the planet I love!
    Keep on bringing the good stuff.

kisses Liz
    ---------------------------------
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whew thats strange. i haven't ever seen such a great variety of skill in such a short time. Don't missunderstand me, I dont want to be rough, its just strange to see this cool planet in your first post and than this white jedi-lightsword-scribble in yor last update.
    well, whatever.
    As I said the planet is really cool but your portraits really seem a bit superficial, there is much more to discover in a mans/a womans face.
    Keep at it dude, wanna see some more!

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everybody!

Dr_Brain: Thanks! Yeah we'll push us to a new dimension of art or something like this . I am working on my sharpening skills. At the moment I don't really know how to do all this Have you seen this one: This is a lot more funny but not as cool like these grils:

Isobel: Thanks I am working on my potraits. Someday I'll finish this girl but I don't know when this day might be I hope to find some time this week. Puh this is really a battle ...

Gloominati: Yeah this is a real problem of me, I want to get more solid with my skill ... I hope I can get better with potraits as I said before

Here is some stuff I did the last days. I started on studying anatomy a little. But the images were not good to see with my camera. This week I'll go to a friend and scan them. Here is some pencil stuff which worked with my camera.

I am a hobby juggler Well I can't juggle 12 balls (or how many I painted) but I can do some nice tricks for partys (if somebody is interrested me and a friend did a short video with cool tricks, and some magic card tricks just ask for a link to download )

Mouth studies ...

Some first thoughts for my redesign of the walker. I am not sure how the last image will look I concentrated on some bug bodys.

Today I thought about painting some forest (I have seen somewhere a cool image) for practice. I concentrated on creating trees with moss(?). Here you have how far I get today. Like everytime I paint an environment I am not sure of the vegetation on the ground. If somebody has some great inputs just tell me what you think of

Last edited by ThomasK; January 8th, 2006 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For all of you who liked the planet here are two more:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I felt very sleepy today and sleeped nearly the whole day (after school). But in school I did a sketch of the body for my walker. I am not happy with the way the legs go into the body but I like the body design I'll try to do some more sketches tomorrow - school is just boring

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well like some said, your skill varies a lot. I think its because you must be practicing alot on one type of subject.
    Try concentrating more on the ones you do less.
    Keep at it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of good imagination going on here, some of the more finished stuff is very good. My suggestion is to do more sketches/studies from life. Don't stop drawing stuff from your head, just throw in some stuff from real life too. Also try not to get caught by your assumptions: when you do a study focus on seeing exactly what is there, try to see past the symbol your mind uses to represent what you see.

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you've got some cool mech designs, it'd be nice to see them further realized. For the jungle pic, what I've often seen done, is to put maybe a fern or big leafy plant in the foreground sort of blocking the floor. Also look at jungle photography for a good reference of what stuff looks like. You can't come up with everything from your head Keep on posting!

--------------------------------
    Chris Smallfield
    Head of 3d
    Shape Minds and Moving Images GmbH
    Berlin, Germany

http://www.chrissmallfield.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody!
    First of all sorry for not posting a while. There are some interresting things someone may be interrested in knowing. First of all I had my birthday an I am now 19years old (well this is really not interresting ). But now something really cool. In school I have now a new teacher. He is really great, the best teacher I ever had in art. He decided we are going to win a contest where we must do a sculpture to the theme "The idea of man of the 3th millennium" ( I tried to translate it as best as I can). So man stands for the whole human being. I hope you got it I have some new stuff to show you Yes I used my digicam

Recursive_End: Thanks! I will try it this way, promise I started with anatomy beacause I think I never tried anatomy studies

Kitsu: Thank you I am going to try this, I don't know how it will work but I am going to do it! Sounds hard but I think you are right and this is the best way!

spacemanchris: Hey nice to see you found your way to this thread welcome I am going to work more on the mechs. I want to get this 3d model finished Are you sure I cannot paint a whole image of my head? *gg* Ok I will not try this today but maybe one day For the jungle pic, yeah I think I have to do it this way. The problem is I have to find some time to go back to it again

Here are some of my last anatomy studies (well I think I have to go out and find some better refs and better motivation )

This are my sketches for the contest sculpture. We started last week with this topic and are now going to develop all this I hope you like the ideas Tomorrow I will post a picture of my first attempt on a sculpture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everybody!
    After a while I had no time was not at home and played world of warcraft, too long. Here is my latest stuff. I hope you like it.

Enjoy

Some thought on places where sculptures came from and where they might stand

Some practices for colors and light / shadows (used some images as reference):

I spend a lot of time with the girls potrait. I think I worked day and night on her hairs. This was really hard work... This is how she looks now:

Someone asked for the process of my potrait images:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried to work on my skills for painting hair. This is what I did today. Took 3-4 hours.

Enjoy !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all! This is the study I did today. I spend nearly no time on the face/hair. Took 1 1/2 hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A new update: Wanted to try out B/W sketches, used a photo as reference

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I downloaded the trial version of Painter 9. I played a little with this programm and doodled something I had in mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I woke up and thought "why not color the girl?" so I spent some minutes and did it:

Enjoy !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are seom Sketches:

I just like this sketch

I tried to get some poses right (crossed legs) but it never works ...

Got inspirered on this by some doodles of hurricane...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I did only useless things today ... I started a project for my art lessons in school. We should show motion (well that's the worst translation I could have given, better: to step, to perambulata or to cross [NOTE: I don't know what I am talking here I just translated the german words to english words ]). We must do this with 4 Images which must be dinA3 sized. My original idea was to show luck, pain, death and rebirth (sounds really simple, heh?). All 4 images must be the same scene but we have to move the camera angel and so on ... My character is standing on a battlefield (you see this in image 2) and dies there. Image 1 shows him smiling because he is watching a butterfly, lucky moment Than the camera zooms out and shows the battlefield with monsters (maybe) and you can see the character is hurt. Then the camera zooms out and you can see the character dieing and the last image shows the character as an angel flying to heaven.

If somebody knows anything what I have to attend for printing my image (like the size on the computer is not the printed size or whatever. PLEASE TELL ME Maybe it helps The father of a friend of mine works at the newspaper he can print my images in every size and for no sale *happy*

This is what I got today (not much I started with a sketch of myself through a mirror) The shoulders will change I think I am open for every comment now :

But know I am thinking of coloring the image again directly and not the way I did the girl... because it is dinA3 and will look better My first thought was to try it like the girl I did yesterday

Tomorrow I'll post some more concept sketches of the other 3 images (I hope at least one )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now it is time for some updates I did till today:
    Image 1 (still the same) I have to move his body more to the left so the camera can turn around the scene very well (look at image 2,3 and 4):

Image 2(background!):

Image 3 (I will correct the right one! He is crazy):

Image 4(the angel is "rebirth"):

I am open for every C&C, ENJOY!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there!
    Today my new anatomy book arrived so I started studying of it The authors name is "Saran Simblet" and there are a lot of fotos of "John Davis". This is a great book to study from

This is an old piece, I found it today and liked it So i uploaded it to add it here...

This are my studies from today (did it after the book, except the wing ):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had less time today but I worked a little on my art project.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all!
    Today I have got something new for you. I made some sculptures in school and want to show them to you

Here we go ...

My first attempt, screaming face:

My second attempt on sculptures, a face:

Some artist problem, when you have the earth object, a quad (4 ist the number standing for everything wordly), how to come to a circle. Some attempts on this problem:
    Sketched:

Sculpture (I think I will do this 3 with another material):

And all 3 together to show process (very interresting for me, every order has got it's own meaning ):

And I also worked on my art project, a little. For this theme I opened a WIP thread, check it out:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69002

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello everybody!
    I am now finally back again! Schools out, holidays!!! Now I am finally going to spend more time on my portfolio! I really want this place at university!!! (Hopefully ^^)

Here is something we have to do in school, we should paint leaders and stairs because they stand for liberation (?) and something more I forgot. I also added a sketch of my hand, well wait wrong movie... that's not my hand, not today Maybe in 100 years.

This was done in school. I painted as quick as possible because all the persons were moving... I think you can see this. This is a topic I am trying to keep at... "figures in room/space" (for germans: Körper im Raum). My teacher and I decided this might be a good topic to put into the portfolio! Not this image but maybe some one I do in the future (hopefully).

"colored"...

For the cgtalk daily sketch gruop, hope :

The blind warrior :

A WIP I wanted to do very long :

Today my digicam became damaged. I can not turn it on, I don't know what happened but it seems like I can not post you my latest pencil stuff...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I came home and finished this one... so I decided to show it to you:

Last edited by ThomasK; June 29th, 2006 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Worked a little more on this concept:

"under the moonlight"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.