Art: Character Designing

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character Designing

I had to draw few pictures for my art lessons and i chose to draw some pics of my character Yuki.
    Character Designing
    This one i tried to do in the style of Hyung-Tae Kim. I really admire his works and i have wanted to draw something like that for a long time. It isn´t totally made in his style i guess.i didn´t have a reference really i just happen to remember his works so well that they´re drawn in the back of my head or something.

Character Designing

i really don´t like this one..i don´t know why. maybe her body just looks funny to me.

Character Designing
    it was the day of the first snow this year when i drew this one..

Character Designing
    just wanted to draw something dark.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THe first one is really lacking in the anatomy Dept. It looks like her leg is completeley disjointed from her crotch, and that makes it look like she's fat or something. Her legs also, don't look quite long enough. Her butt appears to be Yam shaped, and really saggy, and the pose looks really akward, Like she is drunk, got hit in the back of her head, and is waving to you, with confusion. I just don't get it. The lighting too- The shadow makes it look like the light is coming from the left, yet it the figure seems to be shaded more as if it was coming from above. THe others are alright, but could stand some more polish. In the third one, she looks like she's in a battle, but her face looks more like she is scared and unable to fight, and the snow looks more like cotton than snow.
    On the fourth, the girl has this really akward look on her eyebrows. I can't tell if she is angry or what. She doesn't appear to be tuggin with her mouth at all, I see no teeth, and nothing that signifies she is trying to pull it other than some tense cloth. Alot of the light is reflected very minisculey, and the streaming tealish green color coming from her hand on the right seems to have no effect at all on her. Her knuckle is also very misplaced.

The second is my favorite, but it looks like you used some bad brush economy on the boobs. Use the largest, softest brush possible at all times, and make longer, fuller strokes, instead of a bunch of small ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the critique! well i really should polish some of these. thats true.. is is wrong if she looks a little fat..?
    and in that first piece i really exaggerated with her anatomy so..
    and i´m gonna fix those eyebrows too! didn´t notice anything before you noticed! thanks! can´s understand why the second one is your favourite..oh well.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.