Dueling Dragons WIP!!! new to photo shop

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello everyone, I have had this peice in my sketchbook for a while. And since i just got my WACOM and photoshop. I figured i'd see what people thought. This is only the first part of a larger project. And it is not even close to being finished. I have yet to put in the detail, but you get the general idea. I hope you like it. I would love some feed back before i carry on to finish the whole peice.
    had some trouble resizing since the original is so big. hope it looks okay

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the dragons expression doesnt seem to be hinting at a struggle. id say a snarl would lend itself nicely to this piece. his under-belly does not appear to follow the curve of his neck. id maybe continue the segmented plates motif (as seen on his neck) down his back. other than that, its a good start to a promising WiP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While there are a few good things going on here, the lighting and color aren't among them. One of the ways you're making this far tougher on yourself is by working on white. When you put it up against some other background, it will look totally disconnected. Unless they're fighting in space, the shadows won't be black; they will be affected by the background color. And right now, the colors universally high saturation is working against the piece. When every area is screaming for attention, they blank each other out in a cacophony of color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dogfood-Thanks for the imput, since im new to photoshop i never even thought about putting the background in first. I'm gonna start every peice i do from now on with that in mind.

stoph- thank you as well for your help. I did play arround with giving the dragon a snarl but it didnt really fit with the whole peice. But its a good idea. I did try to adapt your idea of extending his neck plates all the way down his body. I think it fits much better. Thanks for that.

In my new update I have added a background my meticulouslly zoomin in and outlining the figure. I have only done the main body of the dragon though. I will not start the wings untill i am totally sure on the body. I have added a few more details to the body as well. please feel free to critique, like i said I am going to finish this peice one way or another. Some help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. thanks...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.