Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: monster book

Thanks
    Great stuff, Your self portrait reminds me a lot of the film "Ryan". Maybe you were going for that (ryan Larkins)

[
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey peoples, its been a little while since i did anything here..... i have been drawing but stuff i can't show you

heres something i picked up again, i'm going to work on this one some more, but any comments at this stage would be nice, is my "blending method" ok?
    monster book
    llothcat, this is a perfect opportunity for you to harass me about not taking my own advise

Haldor, hey thanks man.... i'm not too sure how long i would have spent on the feet and hands, probably about 40ish?..... thanks again and i will try post more

evildisco, thanks, good to have you in the SSG btw, ah yes, the everlasting quest for a more decisive stroke....yeah i'll work on it, thanks

OBX, thanks

Recursive_End, thank you, i will

tullie, hey tullie, yeah it is from imagination, i used an idy bit of ref for the arm when i couldn't get the muscles right..... i wish i'd been i little more original with that piece ( and pretty much implemented all of the criticism i got from mike.....) but anywayz, i'm going to enter in the rematch for the "teen challenge".....babbling a bit now so i'll just stop

dfacto, hey, thanks, i'll post those soon (you mean the PS textures right?), btw, have you done some 3D work yourself? i'd like to see it if you have . chances are i won't really work on Olaf....ever again, because i'm onto other projects now.....

motives, thanks, yeah damn darker shadows huh.....they MUST DIE!!!!! , i'm working on them, thanks for stopping by

EDIT:Taj, thanks, i wans't thinking of that at the time, but yeah definately some similarity.......tis a sad story, ryan......

Last edited by Kronos; January 12th, 2006 at 08:18 AM.
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    It looks good, maybe on the upper left arm you could do something with the shade, make it a bit more dark because of the head, no?
    Or maybe im totally wrong ^^
    Nice work anyway

Thanks
    heh, ok so this is a little weird..... i'm doing a painting of a drawing i did from a photo ref, that is a reproduced pose from a painting from 1808..... follow that? well anyway, heres a wip, early stages at the mo'

monster book

Recursive_End, yeah thanks, your totally right, i'll do that soon.....maybe?

sorry for being all over the place, i'll get something finished some day

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    yet another underworked wip, i should really stop posting here so much and just dump stuff when there is enough...... but i'm addicted.....or something.....

monster book

did this after looking at the inspireing sketchbook of wes9000 he's pretty nuts!
    anatomies a bit weird cos i wasn't really working from ref, a few obscure bits here and there.

i think i might eventually work this into a painting, but not untill i finish some of the others i havn't finished.....

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Great sb you got here. On the last pic, the left arm's bicep looks out of place in relation to the shoulder. The kick on the lower head of the bicep might also be too severe. Good foreshortening on the left leg. I think his right thigh could be a tad longer to look in proportion to the rest of the body. Should make for a real interesting painting when you get around to it.

Thanks
    Yep, mrBobMarley is right.
    Besides that, your studie is really nice. maybe the shading on her left thigh could have been a bit longer.
    But overall your doing some good work
    PS: dont worry about starting new wip. Its a sketchbook, post what you want,experiment, see what you can develope or not.

Thanks
    the only problem with #70 that i can see is the foot...it's weirded.

The rest of the posts, awsome as always

I'm drawing a blankin my sketchbook, that is

Ye-ha! I actually completed my site.Check it out

Thanks
    His torso is really long if you (using imagination) lift his body up it looks like he has a huge abdomin.

[

Thanks
    MrBobMarley, hey thanks for stopping by, your critique was excellent, thanks mucho grande. i kinda changed a few things, but so much anatomical detail got lost with what i did, that it doesn't really matter too much, i don't think.....

Taj, yeah i see what your saying, again i didn't really change it in this, but if i do another version that is a little clearer, i will make him a bit less......elongated-abdomin-ated......? nice to see someone from outside the ssg, posting more than once, thanks

everyone else, thanks!

anywayz, this is really just an experiment i did at 5 in the morning.....its 6 now and about time to hit the hay......

i'm pretty pleased with it though.... i'm expecting some of you might not be able to see anything if you screen is calibrated differently than mine....sorry about that, but it looks pretty rad on my screen
    monster book

and a detail shot, just cos the texture looks cool, and i've never done a detail shot before
    monster book

EDIT: Recursive_End, thanks, i did that, pretty sure its updated ok, i only did the left arm, i like the right mostly in shadow

Last edited by Kronos; January 15th, 2006 at 01:08 PM.
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    It looks cool, maybe a tiny bit more of lighting on the arms, or at least on his left one

Thanks
    I have to agree with Recursive, A bit more lighting all around this would help, right nonw its a bit confusing as to what exactley it is, but your not done anyways so you probably knew that already but overall this piece is pretty sweet.

[

Thanks
    When I first saw it.... I thought it was an inkblot thing. xD Then I realized it was a person. DUH!

I don't like the background. Put it into pure black or something or give a background.I absolutely hate the current bg. >=[

I think you should sharpen some shadows.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.