Sketchbook: monster book

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: monster book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

monster book

heres, some slightly more recent stuff,

monster book

monster book

monster book

monster book

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kronos; January 27th, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres, some slightly more recent stuff,

a little doodle,
    monster book

and a self portrait,
    monster book
    ..... i do have hair, just chose not to include it, for aesthetic purposes....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no fair..you had a better art teacher than me! Godd stuff, btw..looks as though your teacher worked you real hard to get that quality out in a year

I'm drawing a blankin my sketchbook, that is

Ye-ha! I actually completed my site.Check it out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha! Man... wonderful randerings.. looks like 3d modeling

keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, so i thought i would milk the "Olaf" stuff.....

here are some sculptures i did of him.....
    monster book

( also wanted to try out my signature.... )

llothcat, yeah, heh, he is a freakin good teacher.....and yeah he pretty much worked me to the bone aswell.... i have had a....complex year, i transfered schools 1/3 way through the year... probably the best decision of my life!!!!

btw, are these images too high quality, are they loading fast enough, i know somtimes that puts me off viewing peoples sketchbooks

Icey, ha, yeah you cought me out!..... they are done in Maya, and i will keep posting indeed!!!

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kronos, great sb you have here! Keep posting, maybe next time I will have something usefull to say ^^. Thanks for commenting in mine, gonna update it later.
    ~ I made a ssg signature here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...954#post687954

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am an instant fa of olaf! =) MORE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all!!!

to start off heres some doodles and stuff...
    monster book

monster book

monster book

monster book

here is some life drawing, i really cannot be stuffed scanning these as they are A2, so they're just snaps from the camera ( sorry if they are a bit dodgy ) .... if you only crit one thing, i'd prefer if you did these, i never get enough criticism on my life drawing

monster book

monster book

monster book

this one was scanned, and are just from ref "anatomy for the artist" to be precise
    monster book

monster book

monster book

Magic Man, thank you so much!!!, in my eyes thats one of the best compliments i could get..... i might post a bit more of the work on him some other time..... i don't plan to do anymore with him, he was a huge learning tool, but i'm on to other things now....

i promise i'll have an indepth look at your sketchbook once i get broadband( in a couple of weeks hopefully!!!!) looking through seven pages of images on dial-up is a little daunting at the moment

tullie, hey thanks a lot for the help and stuff, i'l check out your sketchbook soon

to you "shy" types PLEASE some crits!!!!! and be harsh!!!!!
    I will eventually post in everyones sketchbook that posts in mine

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thought i'd just post this here..... a dsg entry ( i probably shouldn't post stuff twice.....but i don't care.....HAHA!!!)

monster book

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of these days, I'll have something to say. P=

Personally. I think the 6th picture could have been pushed for a more dramatic lighting or a more interesting pose. I don't know what it say about it looks pretty bland. ^^;

It's hard to tell from the girls and the guys in some of your figure drawing. I don't think females have that many muscle. O_o;

happy holidays. Peace out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Was just looking at your life drawings; I was wondering how long you spent on each pose?
    At my life drawing I spend three hours on a pose, that my sound excessive, but it made a huge difference.
    I think you just need to cncentrate more on each pose and it will come. And putting more work into the face as well. I was told not to draw in the models likeness, or deviding up the face. But to concentrating on the shadows and allowing them lead your pencil, if you like. It made my work more realistic and made the face match the body.

I recommend virtual pose ^^. I love your character sheets, very dynamic. Plus; I love your style.
    Happy xmas.

Last edited by tullie; December 25th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Olaf drawings are sweet, but for each of your life drawings there seems to be a problem with the size of the arms, if you fix that up, they'll be hard to crit! and what about inventing a mate for Olaf?
    and when drawing a nude they say you should direct all the attention of the viewer on the body and leave the face vague, like how you are drawing it. but I think drawing realistic faces (as Tullie said) by themselves is great practise, you've obviously got the talent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all.

I just signed up, been browsing here for along and now is it time to register, especially when I saw this thread, really wanted to say i LOVE the style of the vikings and the lifedrawings, kickass stuff man! keep it up.

Erik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm bored, so i added this..... I LOVE FREAKY CLOWNS!!!!!

monster book

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funny characters

I´ve seen your self portrait. It looks like the hands a bit too small compared with the head. Maybe you should make the head a bit smaller (?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, still kinda bored... so i'll post these

i did this dsg (still probably shouldn't double post, but meh) and liked the character enough to do some more drawings of him, changed him around a bit..... and yes, i know its very "monsters inc."

(the dsg)
    monster book

monster book

monster book

i really enjoyed doing these, this is the kinda stuff i really love

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, great characters. Their personalities come across really well, the giant bear monster is adorable XD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AWIIIIIIIIIIIIEE...... P_P MOMMY! I want that bear! Can you buy it for me? PLEASE! D:

XD I love the style that you're using for the cartoons.... it shows the personality really well.

It's cute that what's matters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe, i'm really glad you like that character, he's fun

here are some more quicky's of him... not quite as happy with them as the other ones, but oh well

monster book

monster book

and heres a colour of one of the erlier ones i just started

monster book

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kronos...I dig your character concepts and rendering. Keep'em coming please!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Don't forget your highlights in the fur.

the first sketch looks stiff. It don't look like he's falling ( actually I'm not sure what's he's doing). You could show movement in the fur that's he's falling in that direction?

the 2nd sketch- He looks like he's going to fall! Put some wieght on the right feet. I think there's something wrong with the position his leg's in. for some reason it just doesn't look right. =/ I think it has to do something with the "center of balance" or something. ^_^

Anyways keep them coming! O_o; I'm inspired to draw some character concepts now. xD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're really taking aces in the cartooning department man, great expressions, poses and overall feel.

I admire your pursuit of different mediums too, 3d and sculpture; I need to explore a bit more I think. Wish I could help you on your life drawing; going to start up with that myself next semester.

Anyways thanks for dropping by my sketchbook, thought I'd return the favor. Your enthusiasm for the Peer Project is much appreciated too, can't wait to see you in there.

P.S. Your sketchbook link in your signature is messed up, as well as the others in your SSG, yours doesn't work and theirs will log you out: Try this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58119

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh! Nice toons, mate! Your cartoon work is pretty solid! It's going to really be something once you get those life drawings skills up a few levels! It's so cool to see how those traditional skills find their way back into thing cartooning and such. It just adds that much more believability and style. I dunno. Good stuff. Keep it up! The 3D's are great as well! I'll be lookin' for more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I, too, like your cartooning...it's very crisp

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't get me wrong your stuff is great but I'm not a great fan of any cartooning, therefore I'd like to see some more of your figure studies. Are you looking to have a career in art?

Take a look at greatness
    SSG#10 is your party host
    I'm the standard of greatness and I'm your new hero, baby~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the cartoon renderings... If you don't mind my asking, how long do they take? The reason I ask is, even though life drawing absolutely helps every other type of drawing, the reverse can also be true. You have a sureness to your mark making in the cartoons that just isn't evident in the studies from life. A lot of the same (I guess you could call them this) tricks can be used in life drawing too. Every thing can be broken up into basic shapes. You do have to be careful of this though, because it can turn into a crutch.

It might also be helpful to practice the (seemingly) forgotten art of the blind contour (or semi-blind contour) drawing... It really, really helps you (or at least me) to be able to see what's in front of me, and eventually becomes easier and faster.

By the way, I loved that drawing of the behemoth in the DSG, it was probably my favourite one that day. I've never seen any problem posting things in a main forum as well as your sketch book. That allows more people to see it, as well as sometimes helping us to associate that drawing with you! Sometimes I thing we get lost as individuals in the group project threads and it's kind of nice to be able to stand apart and shine on our own for awhile.

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey all

thanks for all the comments and stuff, i haven't been too busy lately, i really plan on doing some life drawing soon, but i hate drawing from photos and can't really get my head around drawing randoms on the off chance they're in a bad mood and want to take it out on me or something......

anywayz, i've been trying to find a summer life drawing class anywhere, but no luck, Steinmetz, you wouldn't happen to know of any around CHCH?

i've done a couple exercises from this thread http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53517
    Holy Freakin Crap is this stuff cool, i'm such a total NooB when it comes to colour and light, anyway here are some of my minimal results

monster book
    monster book

monster book

go to the link to find out what it's all about....

ahhh, reply's

SkapeGoat, thanks, and i will

SillyLing, thanks for the crits, yeah i kinda went to crap after those initial poses......but i'm keepin at it

Idiot Apathy, thanks a bunch for the compliments, i do love cartoonyness, and 3D.....and sculpture .....and heck, i love life drawing too. I fiddled around with my link a bit, but everyone else's seems to be working fine for me.....is anyone else finding my sig doesn't work?

ZebzFree, thanks! i'm really glad so many people are liking my cartoon stuff, and yeah i honestly do plan on doing some serious drawing from life. This is the first year i've ever done life drawing (2005) and strangely i'm the best in my class.... its a community thingy full of old people and house wives with nothing better to do.
    the point of saying this was that i'm really grateful to get useful criticism from everyone here.....thanks

llothcat, HAHA!!, thankyou very much, once again i'm glad everyone is likes my cartoons

Steinmetz, awwww, the awesome line of cartoon compliments dies..... nah, just kidding, i'm definitely gunna get onto those figure studies

CAREER YOU SAY!?!, woooo boy, thats a pretty loaded question, the answer is basically yes. since i was five, all i've wanted to be was an animator (i define animation as art).
    thats probably where the obsession with cartoons came from, but i am currently working on a HUGE!!!!!!! animation project (3D realism) with five other people, i can't post any work from it yet cos' we are trying to keep it a little under wraps *I'VE ALREADY SAID TOO MUCH*

*fhew* man, that was quite an entry......
    not much work to show though, i'll get onto that.....

thanks again to everyone

EDIT: kingcoyote, heh, i took so long on this last post that i missed yours!
    what you say is interesting about the cartoon helping life..... not fully convinced on that but i'm sure all drawing helps all drawing anyway.
    when you say the cartoon renderings i assume you mean "Olaf" in my first post, that is done in Maya (3D animation program(NOT DRAWN!!!!)) and it took a while to say the least, no less than two months to model and texture him ( rigged him in two days REALLY badly, i didn't need to actually animate him, he was just for stills ) i was learning at light speed at the same time....

as for "blind contour" i have no idea what that means....?

thanks for the comments, the more response i get, the more motivated i become!!!

Last edited by Kronos; December 29th, 2005 at 12:47 AM.
    - book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got it....life drawing at the beach!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmmm, drawing at the beach eh...... that just might be crazy enought to WORK!!!!

but seriously, i will get around to something like that, I PROMISE!!!

as for now, yet another cartoony dsg, i'm going to take a break so thought id show the wip, should be an interesting experiment for lighting.....*gulp*

the subject is Sci-Fi: GENIUS' ATTIC CONTAINS TRANSDIMENSIONAL "WINDOW" AND CROSSOVER LIFE

monster book

it is in early stages, but some c&c would be greatly appreciated

thanks

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh..it's got potential...continue please, if you can...

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1