Sketchbook: SB, random experimental updates *,,* - Page 14

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tried this for practice today, took a little long, trying to analyse what i see rather than juste copying spot of colors ..

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Planar head is s-o-l-i-d.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good anatomy sketching n study thigs r cool ... pls visit me n ccoment on...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bharat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't have any ROM burning hardware... can't seem to find a retail version either... oh well - guess I'll stick to the wacom for now.
    (nice head by the way)

Diggin' the Ditch?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ditchman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketches man, but i gotta say, that last studie is f*ng awesome!!! keep those coming

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Call0ps For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks all for the support, greatly appreciated !
    still trying to improve my pencils. C & C always welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work with your studies--really liking the figure ones!

also now you make me want to get homebrew haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your anatomy sktches , very well done ! want to draw it too %-)~~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 491 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Moar studies please =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there! I like the studies and sketches. Ill be droping in from now on. cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good anatomy studies. I really like that creature too.
    Keep it up, you have a pretty interesting sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice and creative artwork , keep up !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketches and studies, man. Also nice study of the head values. Go on, post more (:

André.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youre finding your style ... im jealous ...

Searching for female mentor! ... will pay with love.

Website COMING SOON!

NEW Sketchbook

Gallery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great tentacle creature...really cool design. It has my vote...also i enjoy those night road concepts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet sketches dude.
    Are you drawing those arms from memory? I think it's good exercise to first draw stuff from reference then do it again from memory, because I am noticing a few anatomical errors on the arms, which can be a problem if you keep drawing them over and over again without referring to reference as it will become a habit to draw them that way.

Peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey, people
    griffinly: thank you !! Your way more dedicated than i am , my SB is so old, and i havent posted a lot... and the progress is slow, but im happy to see that im showing a bit more dedication lately , its hard with work to spend time drawing.

HK : Whats up man, glad you commented on those arms, they are not from mind but from ref lol, from a how to draw manga book,,, i should probably stop doing studies from that book and go back to loomis, the thing is that i tried to learn the muscle name in french rather than in latin ( as in loomis book ) because i seem to remember the name better.. but nevermind ill stop using that book. Please keep commenting on my stuff !! By the way, i saw one of your old post about eye strain... how did you deal with it cauz i seem to have the same problem...

Digitalinkrod: Thank you, the road stuff was done from life while in the bus at night I was lucky enough to have the first seat.

Lateman: Hey, thanks, im not aiming for any style, i think its just the bad habbit of always drawing the same thing over and over.. i love tentacles and stripes tho , cauz they are fun to render

cl0aked: thanks !

Loathsome: Thanks, ill make sure to visit ur sb

B-man: Allright dude, ill make sure to drop by your sb too, dont hesitate to destroy me with crits

Verehin: Sure mister, !

Mex: Thanks, dont wait, start drawing them now !

Jaytea: Hmmm brew~~~

K, this update is not too great, havent had that much time this week... and changed my glasses because my eyes are really hurtin a lot... looks like i got hypermetropia.... so i need reading glasses.. i got strenght 1.0 now.. Not too sure how to deal with drawing from life when you wear those glasses, need to look with your eyes at the subject, and thru the glasses at your sheet ??? Ackkk...
    So some arms.. from Loomis this time.. and a quick sketchs of a girl from ref.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the arm studies that you did quite good. Your environments are quite good as well. Can't wait to see some more.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like your work. the enviroments and studies are great

27. The Following User Says Thank You to vicker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just browsed through your whole sketchbook, and I am really impressed. You have comed really far, just want to cheer you on and tell you to keep up the awesome work!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies man. I would try drawing the outlines for the arms, getting the overall shape down, and then going in with the individual muscles, at the moment you seem to be sacrificing overall form for delineating all the muscle groups. The girl study looks great, nice weight to the figure.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to wookiedabo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crazy amount of SB goodness and improvement along the way. I really like the mech on page 9 and your studies are coming along. I have to say the strongest thing you share in your sketchbook imo are you environments. I really like the color choices in a lot of them. Keep up the hard work!

The Day-glo Pterodactyls
    Dierat ~ Leo Ki ~ Volchiha ~ Zweit ~ wilkerson

CharlieHarper.net

33. The Following User Says Thank You to wheezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, awesome sketchbook you got here! Looking at it makes me want to do some more studies, yours are so good
    And Thanks a lot for looking at my stuff!!

>> My Sketchbook <<

[SKETCH/CREW]
    ]Hanny & Cyprinus

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyprinus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the black is a bit extreme on that lady and calls for way too much attention...also, it's pure black and shows no form unlike the rest of the drawing. the black would work if the whole drawing was all black-and-white, but now it's just inconsistent.

I don't know, man. there's something in your work that makes me feel uncomfortable. In my opinion you tend to rely too much on facts rather than the general mood and feel. a factual presentation is important for the technician, but hardly of any use to the artist in the long run. when I look at your work I just see the surface, and I feel that there's nothing inside. I just see a subject you're depicting, the "fact" of it...but the hollowness is unsettling.

look at Craig Mullins' work, for instance. that guy picks up a simple subject and makes a marvellous painting of it. on paper the subject matter can be as simple as "a robot", "mermaid lying on a rock", "a man's face", etc. but he has the ability to pump the paintings full of emotion...he makes something out of nothing, so to speak. and that is indeed the job of the artist. I think you should spend time looking at paintings of old masters, Mullins' work or anything that you like, and think why it looks so good. I'm sure you've already done this a lot, and so have I...but do it more. so will I.

this stuff is a bitch to put into words because I'm just starting to realize these things myself...in any case, it's more about composition that anything else. and thinking about things in terms of emotion. facts like perspective, resemblance to the subject matter, anatomy, correct value and color should come naturally and a master should not pay much attention to them if he wants to achieve a striking painting.

look through to the emotional world of a painting and find the adjectives that determine it...then think about how those adjectives relate to each other and what combinations of them seem to be the most interesting ones...for example, a painting could have 90% calmness and 2% violence just to create some contrast (which creates interest and is a powerful tool to create content to the picture. also, using a bit of ambiguity is great..the viewer is allowed to create his own storylines for the picture - thus he creates more content all by himself). to me, everything sprouts from this emotional composition. pictorial composition is just about transferring the emotional composition into visible form, and in a way I consider it a technical, "factual", process.

I'm sorry if I didn't make much sense here, I'm trying to realize this stuff thoroughly myself but it's like trying to swallow a whole apple at once. it's huge. maybe I'll have this stuff figured out in a few years, or a decade...hope you don't find this post offensive in any way, I'm a bit in a dry mood right now.

by the way, I really like posts 316 and 333. the paintings in those posts show emotional content, but I still feel that they could be taken even further to really strike the viewer in the balls..heh. keep it up.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ruuhkis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey folks, been really busy lately, felt like i slacked a lot, lost some motivatuon too, not sure why, feel like im getting old and that i should stick to my job... bahhhhhhh.

So here' an updatye not worthy of a 2 week without posting, no pencil this time cauz i dont have much to scan either.. I need more discipline, so feel free to kick my ass without mercy. At least some good news, i bought a laptop, so i will be able to paint at home and not only during lunchtime.

Ill take some time to reply since I love you all and its xmas soon

Ruukhis: Hey man, i appreciate the time you took to write such a reply, i wasnt offensed by your post But i dont agree with you at 100%
    I agree that emotion is reallyu important in art, you need to add your personal touch to what you do... but I dont think it cant be learned. I dont think you can force emotion in anything, it has to come naturally.. About my work, you said some of it has emotion and that a lot of them has none, that its only techincal... most of my recent stuff are studies, the girl sketch and most of the recent envirios are studies... meant to learn technical stuff , to add to your arsnenal of tools for later use when you paint or draw from imagination.. I dont think adding emotion or personal stylisation to a study is primordial to me at this point... I think nature uis enough of a challenge to reproduce and to learn from.. i dont want to hide technical flaws behind fancy brushstroke, i know i lack a lot of structural knowledge and i want to learn that first. You mentioned Mullins, im a big fan of his work, but before he reached that point, im sure he made sure to understand everything he was [painting... you cannot hide lack of knowledge with fancy rendering or fancy brushstroke. Also , in conceptual art, i think clarity of design, and originality of concept, is far more useful to the person who will use the concept than the empotion the artist was trying to put into his piece, its important to understand the difference between concept art and gallery stuff in my opinion., but dont get me wrong here, i agree that mood and ambience is 100% necessary lets say for environement or specific character identity. So yeah, im focus mostly on the technical stuff.. i dont worry too much about what i could pull out of my mind because ive been doing it too much, neglecting life drawing... and you need to understand the truth to help you draw whats in your mind. I dont know if you've read Ala prima from Richard Shmidt , i found this book really interesting and I really respect his vision of nature and art. Im pretty drunk on baileys right now so i hope im not being to harsh ahahaha, i hope you will reply to this with your own arguments

Cyprinus: Hey thanks, yours are better but thanks
    Wheezy: Thanks for commenting, i hope there will still be improvement along the way.
    Wookie: JHey buddy, thanks a lot for the crit, its the kind of comments i really like to have since i dont hang too much with other afrtist in real life to share knowledge and things like that... Your sketchbook is an inspiration, merry xmas to you
    LordM: Thanks !
    Vicker: TY ")
    Myst: Thanks !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude
    Great latests
    I know what you feeling,i was at the same breaking point these latest months...Job routine,bills...etc.Enjoy the holidays and chillout a bit.
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This sketchbook is looking good man! Keep up the great work! you're doing lots of great studies.
    Me personally, I would love to see a finished piece from your imagination again.. but i'll be patience if i have to haha
    Happy holidays btw

Edit: Forgot to say i'm subscribed now

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx digitalinkrod and luckers, Ill try to do other stuff than studies in the days that come. Thans for subscribing, ill try to not disapoint
    quick life studies from this morniong, first time i do this kind of stuff,,, does it look too low contrast ? im not sure if my colors are correct on my new laptop screen. Also i dont have my brush set , so i had to work with the round brush , i love the round brtush !

Last edited by VirgL; December 20th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome life study man, got the chrome effect down real nice. Sketches and anatomy are looking good, I don't see too much to crit. The trees in that last landscape have an awesome texture, but something about that composition seems to make the brushstrokes on the mountains feel out of place, not sure if it's their sharpness or lack of texture or what, but they feel off.

Out of curiosity, what laptop are you using? Is that a sony vaio? I see that green light reflecting off the side of that metallic thing, and it reminds me a lot of my laptop.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1