Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Kuren: Hmm oh well lol i agree theres a ressemblance, but no, pure coincidence, maybe my subconscient was inspired by this cutscene i saw like 1 year ago ? If so i hope to burn in hell I added this curve to my monster because it was a nice picture composition . *edit* ??? By the way, !!! You really feel comfortable posting pic on somebodys sketchbook like that when you probably havent posted any art on this forum so far ? I hope your third post on this forum wont be destined to some kids drawings orcs and elfs in his sketchbook. Sorry for being defensive, i just found your comment pointless =/ and Im not in a good mood.

Verehin: Thanks man, i dont deserve 5 stars... i hope to one day thats why i keep drawing as much as i can ! Your sketches are reallly nice.

Today's REALLY QUICK color study.. big failed experiment, but as a punishement i will post it anyway. I had a hard time figuring the shapes in this one. Yes those are m@ brushes, i tried to use his color variation brushes and texture brushes to quickly get a leaf feeling but as you can see, a brush cannot save you from lazyness or ignorance of a subject.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by VirgL; August 5th, 2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: some kid pissed me off.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    man - i really dig your woodscapes! i was in a nearby forest today and it had exactly your paintings atmosphere! (perhaps the blue in the bg is a bit distracing?)

Thanks
    thanks katinki, i agree the blue looks weird, its supposed to be a river but its a bit hard to figure on the pic lol Forest rules !!!

Todays photo study, around 2 hrs.

Thanks
    heya, more stuff, no ref today

Thanks
    woaaah plein de progres, ça kick des culs!

Thanks
    one day your environments will rule the world man

Thanks
    thanks !!!
    todays color doodle... awful beard.

Thanks
    hey whiteC thanks for the comment on my thread about wacom placement anyway wow your sketchbook is really great, especially the environments i'd say!!

one thing i would liek to ask is how you did those bricks on the house photo study? is it a custom brick texture that u just slapped on top of it and scaled down?

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    (on the topic of ART) She's a demanding bitch that wants ALL your time and gets angry and pulls away if you even LOOK at another creative endeavor! "What, I'm not GOOD enough for you now? hm? well guess what, BAM! now try to draw without me, ya bastard!"
    HELLO SKETCHBOOK.

Thanks
    Fantastic lighting in your environments. Very glad I stopped in here to check it out.

Insight. Honor. Morality. Perspective.
    Because nothing makes love and life matter more than the knowledge that someday it must end.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    dlquddnr: hehe simple texture i found on the web of a birck wall, just popped it on overlay or multiply.. not sure. ITs nice to keep a bank of random texture to use sometime to save time with blending modes.
    fractured: thanks man

Thanks
    thanks for the comment you posted in my sketchbook, much appreciated. you know, your painterly photo studies really rock. I'm especially keen on them since I just started practising the same thing...perhaps my paintings will be as good as yours in the future splendid!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    Whoa. http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1216849822 - This one has pretty unreal color palette but at the same time it feels very natural.
    I also like this enviro with the path going under the high building. Maybe add some small narration to your environments to make them more engaging.

Cheers.

Thanks
    thanks guys, you are right Favrus !! Next one will include a story hopefully hehe, or characters into the environement. thanks for the crit man, always appreciated.

Something really wrong anatomicly and everything but i felt like trying out stuff again, paintin g something dark with a dark feeling starting with a dark background while listening to some dark metal.

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.