Art: Demons in the City, Sea Serpents, and Gothic Kittens (large download!)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Demons in the City, Sea Serpents, and Gothic Kittens (large download!)

Its been a while since my last art dump here, so hopefully I'll make up for it now. I'm trying to improve a lot of different things at once, so any critiques are very appreciated.

Monsters fighting in the city (also tentatively titled "No Parking"). Based on Worcester, MA where there are plenty of wonderfully grungy buildings to draw and no parking whatsoever.

Another monster on a park wall. You may have seen earlier versions of this here before.

A sea serpent that was an experiment in color and traditional art methods (if spattering with pigment laden gesso blobs counts as traditional art).

An experiment with graphic design. Based on cheesy Hot Topic shirts, I'll admit that I like to look at them way more than is safe. Never bought anything there but I always visit the store.

Thanks for looking!

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the first one.. u got some nice shading skills!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the first one. Looks good as a drawing but would be cool as a painting too. I think the character holding the sign should possibly be a human. This would make the peice stronger because you would feel the helplessness of the character against such a beast. But as it is most likely concept art ignore what i just said haha.

The second one is okay. The character is interesting but i think the brick wall and the background are too plain. It really really looks like what would happen if sesame street went wrong.

The third one is whicked. I love the drawing. I love the coloring. This is a very cool picture indeed.

The 4th is awesome. Goodjob. The only thing that bugs me is the signature. I would suggest reworkin that part till it looks goood.

Keep it up man your on the right track!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya I like the first one as well. good job.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the kitten is kinda neat, but I wouldn't call it gothic. Looks like an old german war poster design... but with kittens heh.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like the first one, but i kinda agree that the guy holding the sign should maybe be a human, but if not, then that raptor claw on his left hand is really bugging me. I dunno why. i guess i don't have too constructive criticism here, but i do agree with sunny's crits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also really like he first one but I disagree with the others, I like how the little guy looks like a beast. It creates a sort of madness to the piece, in other words, we see a familiar human surrounding but it's filled with monsters. What happened to us? You know. I also like how the giant beast came crashing through that fence. Great job.
    The dragons is kinda neat as well. I like the vibrant colors, his eye seems to get a little lost in the colors though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Razorb: Thanks!

Sunny: You probably are correct about the peice being more powerful with a human, but its supposed to illustrate a particular scene so I had to make it with those two characters. The second one was supposed to be a calm scene with a creepy monster, but I think I overdid the plainness. Maybe I'll try to fix that if I get around to it. I'm glad you liked the third and fourth pictures, and I'll fix the signature problem (I think I should have a real signature by now).

tgfx: Thanks! That is one of my favorites

Bowlin: Hmmm, now I'll have to look up old german posters they sound kinda cool.

Dose206: Thanks, and a human would have been a better choice if I weren't constrained story-wise.

Posessed: I'm glad you like it. The people all ran away when the monsters came (smart people ). I see what you mean with the dragon too.

I was wondering though, does anyone have any suggestions for coloring the first picture? I'm debating whether or not it would add anything, or if it already is busy enough.

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.