Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey man! looks like youve been busy. o.o yeah, I went over and took a look at thunderdome, crazy cool stuff..I dont think I have the time to activily engage in it though, this summer I will most likely.

This one is really nice, you did a good job getting it from the ref, and I *can* see more confidence in your lines with that one, which is different because usually your style incorporates alot of sketchier like lines, in this peice for example, the figure at the right. Sometimes it can be easy to use the sketchyness to *cover* up something your not so sure about, its all cool when its style, *and for the most part thats what I can tell yours is,* just something to keep in mind.

This anatomy sketch here isnt looking bad, although the back muscles dont look..centered, like they could be pushed to the right and down a smidge perhaps.

You have models to pose for you? man, lucky dog. On that one I like the leather look, but a few of the proportions seem askew, like..the necks too long and the eyes/nose too big, but then again your model might have looked like that.

on this'n I really like how the figure's turned out, good job. The only crit here is the faces, particularly the jawline. The chin's seem a bit too large, *on thisas well, the chin doesent take up alot of room under the lips, and the lips seem smushed up too much against the nose~try putting some equal spacing between the nose/mouth/chin and see what you think. and dont forget that underside of the jaw-line that resembles a wedge like triangle, and wraps up under the ears.

Thats about all I have for ya, KEEP DRAWINGgaa! Your getting there. : ) *hands fignutons* DONT TELL I mean...

dont tell, these are magical fignutons that increase ones drawing ability, beware the gaseous side effects though.
    My attempt at baking eyecandy.

I'm Here to make friends! Befriend me I buy you sweets yes yes!

My Icecream Filled Sketchy book.~

~ERILAZ~CRAZY3DMAN~SEPULVURTURE~THEGREYPENCIL~HALO'S CHAIN~

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah dude, see a lot of confidence in your line in those first couple, they look awesome. More more more. Hah, mentioning Cliffs of Dover reminds me to break out the ol Eric Johnson CD. Looks likie you're having some fun dawing the ladies, anatomy is still a little loose, but some fun gestures. More more more.

Thanks
    Did anyone ever tell you that you're my hero? Cause damn bitch, You is my fucking hero, I never seen a bird creature with tits like that! Things are looking good man. I was really impressed on friday with your flow on your drawings. You are getting more confident with your lines. I would suggust doing timed gestures to warm up and work out your relaxing strokes. Your color stuff is where it is at. I want to see more markers from your bitch ass. When you do that it just jumps off the page.

ATLAS
    "Holding up world so you don't have to fall off into enteral darkness"
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53680

Thanks
    nice looking update king!
    hmmm...I think you should maybe do head anatomy gestures a bit, try to familiarize yourself with the geometrics of the head, specifically the lips. It is possible to get the right feel, but between the mouth and the nose there are a complex set of geometric planes. Take the head study in this and, maybe do a bunch more, different angles. it's important to understand that a big part of a convincing mouth is that the lower lip's intersection with the jaw is an important, visually prominent part of a face...moreso than even the cheekbones in young and smooth faces.

also, if you have stuff that you don't feel comfortable posting, then that's your conscience--> it is acceptable for you to have a bad time with a drawing and then want to rip it up...that's how it is...it reminds us of our failures and it's best to always try put the best foot forward. You should see some of my failures, they make this piece look like the work of a master!

keep it up, you are improving with leaps and bounds. Also, PREPARE A PORTFOLIO... no whining, just do it everyone else is.

joel

Thanks
    heh, i don't have much to say after all what everybody else said. cept nice update. i love the new pen stuff from the fantasy fig's. and the lounge is tremendous.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Supermegadoomzord Heck yeah you should call me sometime! I think I PMed you my digits... Sorry I couldn't chat last night. My wife got home literally when you signed in... Maybe some other time. Thanks for keepin' up with my book! It's always great to see you!

Badger Hey man! Thanks for the tips... I'll try to keep them in mind. I think things are coming along, but I feel like I need to get waaay more gestures under my belt... The negative space thing is important, you're right, and I try to pay attention to it... all that thinking gets in the way of doing sometimes though, you know. At any rate... I don't know where I'm going with this response anymore, so I'm just gonna let it go. That flickLeech stuff is great warm up, and just general reference.

Halos Chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Halos Chain
    Sometimes it can be easy to use the sketchyness to *cover* up something your not so sure about
    I think that's what everyone's on my ass about... Yeah, it is part of my "style" I guess, but it's also me "finding" the shapes, and to an extent covering up my mistakes... I'm using the FlickrLeech stuff to try to drop that behind me and develop more confident lines. Maxtormer and That Fisticuffs Guy (AndyP) are huuuge inspirations in this area, as well as some of the sweeet inks that guggenmaneuvers been bustin' out lately (tho he's switched over to pencil now the confidence in his lines is becoming quite outstanding...) Those torso studies are a pain in my backside! I know the muscles aren't right (look below, and see that they're still off)... I'm working on it, but just can't seem to get it.

That Fisticuffs Guy Dude! You are totally an inspiration to me, and I actually think about your stuff a lot while I'm drawing... Thanks for the continued support!

ATLAS2900 Kevin, you're gonna make me blush! You like the saggy, pizza-slice, granny tits huh? I never would've guessed... Thanks for the compliments man. I'll try to get some short timed gestures in... (actually, there's a couple of bad ones in this update!) I think we're getting together on Thursday this week, are you down?

guggenmaneuver The planar studies is something that ZebsFree keeps on yappin' about too... That's why I did that little one you pointed out, and actually, it was quite a good likeness. So... You're totally right about that, and I will get on it. Sometimes lately, I feel like a monkey humpin' a football... That's why (I guess) I felt (feel) like it's important to post my failures along with my successes... I noticed that greensock does the same thing, and I'm trying to develop a fearless approach to learning akin to what he has... Posting the failures is me owning up to my mistakes, and trying to make good on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by guggenmaneuver
    Also, PREPARE A PORTFOLIO... no whining, just do it everyone else is.
    Awww, do I have to...? Ha-ha! But seriously though, I'm sitting down to do that very soon. Just trying to get my crap together right now...

pennington Hey P! Good to see you, and good to see that you made it out of the semester in one piece! Thanks for stopping in!

Alright, I promised Zordsauce that I'd update today, so here I am...

So... I got these new sunglasses the other day. I showed my wife and she said
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy
    You are such a dork.
    Isn't she sweet?
    KINGCOYOTE!  There Is No Holy Grail. (01-04-09)

'Kay, here's another Hogarth torso study... I still don't seem to be getting it. I really need to be spending more time on this than I have been. I've been thinking about picking up bridgeman too. Is that a good idea? How much difference is there between the two?

True story...
    The other day, I locked the keys to my truck in... the truck. No big deal really, I only live two miles away from work so I can walk home no problem. As I'm getting close to home, I'm thinking about getting the mail since it's on the way and I don't have to park the truck first... One problem, the mailbox key is on the same ring as my truck key. It doesn't take long to work out further implications of this situation... My house key is on that ring too, as well as the key to my bike lock. (oops) Sooo, I walk up to the China King restaurant to have some supper (fortunately, I did have cash in my pocket and drew this while I was there... It's a little hallway next to the counter that leads to the bathroom.

Next I walked a mile to the library so I could eat up some more time til my wife got home, and check up on you guys while I was at it... It started raining while I was on my way there. (This is still a true story) I stayed at the library for an hour until they closed at nine 'o clock. It was still raining, so I decided to walk over to the bar by my apartments... I ordered a Guinness,(nothing warms you up like stout...) took it upstairs and did this drawing fromthe balcony. Some people came up to play darts after a bit, so I did some quick gestures of them before I left...

I was working on this drawing when the DOOMZORD IMed me. I'm pretty happy with it over all... I wanted to try out a whiteout pen on it (I saw Coro do somethng similar in one of his SBs and wanted to give it a go...) but the pen was all crusty and didn't work very well. I'll try again sometime though...

Okay kids! That's it for now!
    Take care and be good!
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    That fat kid Andrew! Hey man, great to see you're back... We missed you here in the citidel! I'm trying to do more of the from life stuff... there's only so many hours in the day though... Thanks for stoppin' in!

'Kay, I think I nailed down my business card design. Please let me know what you think... I'm really trying to go into Montreal with as professional a kit as I can muster...

Which isn't much, unfortunately...

So... here's the front

...And the back
    KINGCOYOTE!  There Is No Holy Grail. (01-04-09) or KINGCOYOTE!  There Is No Holy Grail. (01-04-09)

I have a couple of other variations on the back... One says "Frustration is an important part of being an artist... Working through it is what keeps from being stagnant." the other one says "You can choose to use your powers for good... or for AWESOME!"

I was planning on printing all the variations... "Fear is the mind killer." gets four per page, and the rest get two... What do you guys think? Is it too much? Stupid idea? I thought it would help show who I am, as well as how I feel about what I do. It's hard to cram so much information in a little ass card...

Oh... and the website isn't real... yet.

Thanks for stoppin' in!
    Your friend
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    BC looks good, though the fish's back needs to be a little bit farther away from the edge of each ... if not cutting mishaps may make cutting these problematic and or frustrating. little known factoid of doom I printed and cut business cards professionally for 23 years before i got on at the citadel to wash dishes. whew! seriously, as a rule of thumb i always try to leave 0.125" (inch) or 1/8" around the outside, unless you are setting up some crazy full bleed action, which can get baroque in complexity setup wise.

I think they look good jeff-->adjust the image placement and get them printed.

one content thought---> frustration, we all deal with it in varying degrees with everything we do... hmmmm...maybe not the best for a business card, but the other quotes are all really top notch.

hope this helps

guggenmaneuver signing off for the night...
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks
    Hey,

good stuff here. Lovin those sunglasses! 8) <--- All the way! Good updates, but i want more! Also, thanks for the long comment in my sb!

Qxzi

Thanks
    haha. AWSOME SHADES! (that's a great picture btw )

so the hogarth is looking great! just keep doing them and the muscles get subconsioucely, heh, set into your brain. at least that's what i find happens to me as long as i keep doing them. as for bridgman they're totally different, he's really pretty loose but it's still deffinately worth it.

and i was gonna say the same as what guggenmanuever said about the card.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    You got aviators!! neat

The hogarth is looking good - they can be tricky to draw cos of all the forms.
    I like latest ink page - the blue is a nice touch, kinda messy but it works. Damn, I gotta use ink sometime!
    Bridgman is good! I love studying his stuff.

Good luck with the Montreal thing!

Thanks

I'm free of the shackles of photobucket...

guggenmaneuver Joel... Thanks man! I appreciate the advice... I will move the fish over a hair. By the way... what's wrong with baroque complexity? My greatest strength... My greatest weakness...

QxziNo prob... Glad you like the shades! Thanks for stoppin' in!

penningtonThanks man! I'm gonna pick up the bridgeman too... I'm keepin' up the studies. Thanks for the props, and encouragement!

AlcianThanks for stoppin' in! It's always a treat hearin' from you!

'kay, so... I was gonna put this at the end, but decided to say "Screw it!" and put it at the beginning... I'm just sooo excited! I don't have to rely on photosuckit anymore! YAY!

There's nothing on there yet, but I also hoped that by letting you guys know, you would help push me to actually get it up and running... Check it, and let me know that the front page is awful nice, but you'd rather see some content... Thanks in advance.

Alright, here's the real update!

First off, a huge pile of crap... I rather like the planer study... feelin' kinda down on my skilz... You know what I mean?

So, here is another Hogarth study. Didn't really feel too hot about it, but... I talked to Zebs about it the other night, and he showed me some stuffs about rendering (THANKS RYAN!) so... It's all good, and hopefully some of it'll have sunk (sink, sank, sunk...) in. So I won't have to pester him about it again! Ha-ha! There's also a little doodle inspired by Mentler. I keep on meaning to do some studies of his stuff, but... apparently I'm a damn, dirty slacker.

Started on some thumbnails for the last man standing TD... I just don't feel good about it right now... Don't know where I'm headed right now.

I love this girl. She's crazy cool... and pretty fun to draw. I bookmarked her photo stream, so I can draw her some more... she does all these cool pics of herself jumping...

'nother SP. Actually, this is the first drawing out of this set that I'm really happy with. I laid down a quick underdrawing semi-blind contour... Then ink over it. Didn't finish it though... I was running late for work. It was really a pretty sucky situation, because I was totally into this pic. Oh well.

ZebsFree came over on Saturday night. We watched "Wizards" by Ralph Bakshi... He'd never seen it before. Good show, y'all should check it out! Then we watched Jim Henson's "The Story Teller"... Apperently (Ryan tells me today) there's a new edition of this one coming out tomorrow with four episodes that weren't aired before. Cool stuff. Sooo... There's a crummy robot, a doodle of a prince, and the Zebs... He was so proud. He'd reached 301 that day... My wife told me I'm not allowed to compete with him when I overate last night. Was that too much personal info for my SB?

Today's Hogarth study... Trying to put into practice what Zebs and I talked about the other night.

'kay... That's it for now! I'm gonna' be working on my portfolio stuff for the workshop for the next couple of weeks, so I'm not sure how good I'll be about the updates. I'll show you what I'm planning on putting in it sometime in the next couple of days.

Take care and be good, guys!
    Your friend
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Hahaha! I'm loving this post man, for the sketches but ALSO for the personal info. It leaks of doomgoodness my man. The first thing that caught my eyes was the SP... now you know what i'm going to say; FINISH IT! It reminds me of JoelDoom's work. Digging the studies you're pushing too; especially the planar study. Only thing wrong I see with it is the width of the head, kinda small. You might want to try it again but with a larger head, as you can notice the planes of the face further. And when I saw the Zebz on the page I burst out laughing. That = great. We're going to have to do that in Montreal. Melissa actually suggested it to me a long while back, so we're going to have to do it. But cheers man! The DOOM is with you.

Thanks
    Great stuff KC, some serious improvement going on!
    The planar stuff really shows!
    Studies are great, i should be doing more of those.
    Last man standing eh? Good luck KC.
    Good work!
    -B-

Thanks
    SUPERMEGADOOMZORD doomgoodness huh? Excellent... I'm glad you enjoyed it. My friend, James once told me that my sketchbooks/letters reminded him of journals... I guess I can see that. Portraits of the doom? I was talking about that very thing with Zebs the other night... I think we should do a "circle of portraits" basically we draw the person next to us, pass the sketchbook down (getting the next book from the person on the other side of us) and draw that person again... continue until you have your book back. That way, we can have a collab project down, and a group picture of the doom crew, and you get to practice the same peoson for a continued session. Fourteen days now?

BadgerLast man standing... against my buddy Zebs, and Loomer... I'm soooo screwed... Thanks for the encouragement Badger! Have I told you it's great to have you back?

I'm working on getting my portfolio together for the Workshop... These are the things I'm thinkin' on... What do you guys think? Is there stuff that's missing? Both generally and specifically... Unfortnately, "building a portfolio" isn't something I've ever been guided through. Thanka in advance!

This one has some issues... I need to darken the general leg area, and add a cast shadow on the night elf/succubus...

She still needs a little work... I just haven't had the time for her lately... a little more time, and She'll be ready to go. I don't know ...

Was there anything I missed? Am I a total retard for considering this stuff? Let me know! Please.

...And just for fun, I found this little Illustrator doodle I did while I was looking through all my crap... Thought you kids might enjoy it!

Alright... Until next time then, Take care and be good!
    Your friend
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast