Lemony Snicket

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Lemony Snicket

Thanks

Lemony Snicket

Just saw this movie and wanted to ask if i am the only one, who really likes the style of it, regarding scenery, colors, atmosphere and the actors...?

The story is lame in my eyes, but somehow the whole style was appealing to me...also the 2 child actors were matching perfectly and though i don't like Jim Carrey this time he was a perfect cast...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,020 Posts
    The design was great, but as they say about Broadway shows, no one goes home humming the scenery. The best part were the animated end-titles. They should have done the entire movie like that.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    yea the titles where excellent.Too bad alot of people missed them.

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Yeah, I agree that the style and the scenery was just great and the overall mood of it was perfect, but the story could have used some tweaking. I loved the line by Carrey when the kids first arrive: "Please....intrude."

Thanks
    for a young adult book to film i really enjoyed it....i'm not familiar with the writer or the content of the novels, it went a dif direction than harry potter and the like...

The film was more...hip?

The dialog at times was silly and the content fairly tired, but i really think it can be put aside...for what visual consistencies it had...

Thanks
    Yeah, the production design was just incredible. I wish they would have done a double disk with extras for it.

Thanks
    I saw the trailer for it, and I also really liked the style. I didn't see it because I heard that they messed with the story (among other things...).

The books were great, though. It's funny, because they were written for kids, but the contain all these references that only well-read adults would get (or really smart kids). There is this whole "Beatrice" thing going on where Snicket writes a line or two about her in the beginning of each book. That's a Dante reference of sorts.

Anyway, I just thought that they were neat. I would recommend them if you want a good laugh or just a brake from the norm.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.