conquistador

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: conquistador

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

conquistador

tell me what you think. i never can see my own mistakes until someone points them out. is the background too dark? should i make his face a bit more realistic or leave it cartoony? and what about the costume does it look like of a conquistador? is his helmet tooooooo pointy?
    conquistador

Last edited by Wizard; December 17th, 2005 at 05:45 PM.
    I Am Colorophobic
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Th ebackground might be too dark, more to the point in my mind is that it is the same colour as the guys face so he's getting kinda lost.

I don't think the face is too cartoony or helmet too pointy but that all depends what you want to be doing with this. He is certainly recognizable as a conquistador. Maybe colour in the eyebrow though. Oh, and his eyes are not level where the rest of his face is

Take a look at our right side view of the breastplate. It dousn't look like it is wrapping around him but is coming to a point there or something.
    back foot too fuzzy.

Craig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At the moment the face is nothing more than a nose and eyes floating in space; it needs some kind of color different from the background unless you want people to think he has a transparent face.

The fuzziness of the feet is a bit odd because each foot has its own 'plane of fuzziness' so to speak. Usually blurring like this either radiates to or from a point, or is applied above or below a plane that crosses the whole image. With no noticeable logic or consistency in its application it just doesn't make sense

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i should've mentioned that im still working on it. heres the progress. and yes im planning to color his face.
    conquistador

I Am Colorophobic

Thanks
    Thanked 16,675 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    His costume says conquistador, but his pose doesn't. It looks too elegant and fashion modelly, too "posed".
    There are a few little problems with the helmet. The crest should actually start where you have the edge of the highlight, and that gap in the middle has to go.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree about the pose. It was a project for my drawing class where we had to find a nude life drawing by famous artist and redraw it and fully clothe it. We had to pick a pose that was not standing. So I picked this one...and the idea for conquistador came a night before the due date.
    I redid the helmet with different ref picture I found, but I have to disagree about the gap on the crest because it was on the ref picture and it seemed pretty cool. what do you think about the flipped version? does it read better?
    conquistador

Last edited by Wizard; December 18th, 2005 at 02:16 AM.
    I Am Colorophobic

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.