Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Wingus' Doodle Book

I haven't been here in ages. Might as well come back with a dump and a bang. More dump than bang though. Some of this is old, kind of re-introducing myself. In case you can't tell, I like me some robots, especially Transformers.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Big Kenny of Big and Rich. I know his sunglasses be wonky..

Wingus' Doodle Book
    A Balverine, from Fable.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Shockwave doodle, in Photoshop.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Railgun, my character.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Vector Prime - Forever Guardian of Space-Time

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Boondocker, another of my personal Transformer characters.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Quickstrike, from Beast Wars.

Thanks for looking, whoever does.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Howdy. Hope you don't mind a couple crits, I have to criticize, that's the only thing they really taught me to do in college

I think your strongest pieces here are Quickstrike and Vector Prime, because they've got some depth to them. You've already got a good eye for detail, think you need to focus more on the underlying structure in 3D space.

Might wanna draw some more humans too...as your robots get more advanced, you're likely to find knowledge of human anatomy quite helpful.

Thanks
    Thanks man. I do draw a good deal of both, but lately I've been doing more robots. And crits are more than welcome. S'what we're here for! Thanks for dropping in.

Weird, when I get email notifications, the links say the forums are in maintenance.

Thanks
    New addition, Mini-Cons.
    Wingus' Doodle Book
    Astroscope done with .5 mechanical pencil, Payload done with 2b wooden pencil, and Sky Blast done with a dying black ballpoint.

Thanks
    Revisting an old piece from January. Nemesis Primal taking the Lamborghini brothers apart.

Wingus' Doodle Book

Thanks
    Sweet linework on Nemesis, that really adds to its impact in comparison with your other stuff.

The forums are often under maintenance...it's like having someone come into your house and steal your crack. I haven't seen a major interruption in the past couple weeks, though, for which I'm grateful.

Thanks
    hmm yeah that last one certainly stands out. . .just be careful not to use the same line width inside as you have on the outline, but I'm sure you already know that (judging from how ell you've done it so far). I guess my only real suggestion would be to do some studies from life of a box/cube or equivalent shape - you'd be surprised how much variety you can get in the faces of such a simple shape. . .it's the "railgun" that makes me say that, if it helps clarify. But anyway awesome dude. . .as I'm sure you know, all it takes is time and practice, so keep poundin that paper!

/signature expired

Thanks
    max1975: Turns out that's some odd glitch with the emails pointing to an old server or something. Just come to the forum and find the thread manually when you get a notification, and thanks! Yeah, I'm gonna do some varying widths, I just wanted to get a line around him for a good WIP scan.

jklor: I'm not sure what you mean by getting faces from a box/cube. Be a bit more specific...?

Thanks
    varying, your lines more would help you a lot. I don't like the heavy outline around convoy there. the heavier line should be on the side that has more shadow... I don't see why you would need that line for a WIP scan either.
    It seems you would also need to work on proportions, noticed from vector prime, his arms are too small compared to his head, normaly the elbow reaches at or past the top of the head.

you wanted crits

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Hehe. Thanks though. And I was starting the inking, then I wanted to show where I was at, so I just got a decent outline. And from what I've been taught, the heaviest line goes on the outside of a character, then the thinner lines on the inside. I'll be re-doing the outline on NP to be thicker. As for Vector Prime...well, crud, you're right. I just checked the figure. Thanks man!

Thanks
    Some stuff..

Wingus' Doodle Book
    This is coming along...very slowly, heh.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    Idea for a little comic to test myself on storytelling and sequentials, but I wanted to do the cover first. WIP! Needs shading.

Wingus' Doodle Book
    I've made the chin less pointy and closed the mouth, and lowered the jaw some to get rid of the old-man look.

Thanks
    Wingus' Doodle Book
    Mostly finished the pencils on this today.

Thanks
    The color WIP is pretty cool, can't wait to see it with some shading. The linework, design, sense of form and proportion...it's all a considerable improvement over the others you've posted. Nice job making a complete scene too.

The most recent one's a little weird...I keep thinking the smaller bot is the bigger one's arm. Which would make a better picture I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.