Art: ::new work::
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: ::new work::

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

::new work::

hey peeps. been a long time since i posted in the finished section. heres a few things ive done in the last month.

i was really bugging david (vyle) at the concept art workshop in austin..cus he just painted stuff out of his head really quickly and intuitevly. (sp?) I camped out behind his computer and watched him design and paint stuff on the fly. this was sort of a revelation to me. just letting the process and marks dictate what you end up with. sorta like subconscious designing. it was just so obvious that this was the most liberating way to have fun when you paint and create. so ive been trying it..and its great. although its a constant reminder how important your foundation skills are (perspective, lighting, etc). but it really does bring that child-like discovery back to the creation process.

the warrior and sci fi complex both started out as abstract sorta freestyles..then i conciously began to find the forms and mold them into something understandable. the process is extremely fun, cus you get to discover the painting as you make it. although im not sure how much you could use that process in the real professional world...seeing as how you get a specific assignment. hmmm.... would be great to find that balance/middle ground. that there be the current challenge. arghhhhh

crits and feedback appreciated

tyler

Last edited by Tyler_Lockett; December 12th, 2005 at 03:52 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, in that last enviro it seemed like something really clicked... looks very good... The first one is good also.. i like the characters, lots of personality but the wolves dont seem to match... good work.. keep it up

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i agree about the wolves, but i think the second one is my favorite. i swear this guy seems like hes dancing, lol. very nice. keep up the works, and especially some more environments.

EDIT: p.s. Dont you just wish we could all ride on wolves?

Woodruff

Last edited by Azeira; December 10th, 2005 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love those last two. The wolf riders faces seem a little to sharp or somethnig this may have been intentional i dont know.

If i shoot the J then its "Good"

please hit up the SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ty, they all look great but i must say that the first one is by far my favorite. hard to put my finger on why, but perhaps it just has more personality and stands on it's uniqueness while the other two look like what most concept art looks like, in their need to describe they become generic. although i must say that the warrior floats between these two poles. nice job!

great to see your works as always.

jon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tyler lives, he lives!
    color in the bottom one is tops!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx for the replies peeps

vigo- ..yea your right about the wolves not matching. thx
    azeira- haha..didnt even think about him dancing till you pointed it out. somehow he seems a litle less mencaing now. haha

will-the wolves are too blurry i think.

jon-hey man. good to hear from you. ive been thinking about your comments alot. after working in advertising for a year and learning alot about photography and retouching..i decided to get back on track with my concept work. im getting impatient to get real work in the industry..so im sure im trying to tailor my concept work towards the industry norm. but im completely separating my concept work from my personal more stylized stuff. maybe i should try to find more of a balance, not sure. But im consciously working on two things: industrial design and light/painting/ renders. focusing on these is gonna make my work a little more generic i guess. not sure though. im gonna have to keep thinking about your words. i dont want to lose my own unique voice..i keep telling myslef that right now im still in a foundation learning period..and my "voice" in my concept work, will come out later once i really know what im doing. as you know ive never really had one style..thats where things get confusing for me. am i selling out?..or is this justt another style to add to my arsenal. not sure. i prefer the latter obviously. would love to hear your thoughts about all this crap. haha

jrr. --bottoms..tops..wait im so confused... thx dood

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bad ass work, did you use the for molding technique you were talking about for any of these images?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah yeah...the last two pieces were coming out strong...the first has some clash of style issues going on...well at least to me it looks that way...but still good none the less....

My God has a bigger dick than your God.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    baki_ thx. the last two images started as abstract sketches..then were turned into concerete designs/paintings.

thunder-yea ..totally agree about the clashing of styles. thx

couple things done over the weekend

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    honly crap...nice work...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great set, you do some really nice environments..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The scecond one is really cool!!I like his pose! and i think if you add few smoke on background to the third one ,maybe better

<======================================>
    MY SB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.