Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 438 Posts
    Third page, here I COOOOMMMEE!! Now, I have the Three Pages of Doom, and now nothing can stop me from taking over the world! Not even that blasted space-hero Ronald Ray-Gun and his sidekick Lisa Laser! Tune in tomorrow, same time, same URL to witness the shocking conclusion! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

Erm...

Ok, so I DO have pictures to show, and I DO have them on my computer, but I WON'T show them untill my little dilemma is solved. Normally, when I take pictures of my sketches, I load them into the computer, open them in photoshop , crop them, rotate them, should that be needed, and user Levels a little. Then I Save For Web and upload them. Recently, however, I discovered that rotating my pics causes them to lose their right aspect ratio, so that the picture seems squeezed. I quickly discovered where I could change that, and found an aspect ratio that restored the picture to it's true form. Recentlier, however, I discovered that this change of proportions had no effect on the outcome whatsoever - when Saving For Web, the pic gets the wrong ratio again!

So if you think the legs of my latest update are a bit short, rest assured that they are longer in real life! But does any PS user know how to fix this? The difference is not big, hardly noticable, but it bugs the hell outta me!
    Last edited by Serpian; October 25th, 2006 at 02:06 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    sweet good to see new things. keep it up.
    OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Hey, here's my submission for the International self portrait day 1.11!

Serp's occasionally updated Sketchbook!

About that stretching problem in my previous post, this pic was manually stretched to correct proportions using eyeballing. I still don't have any good solution yo my problem! Anyone know anything?

Thanks
    Glad to see you in SP day! If you drop by th thread, you'll also see Chuck,Mate gave you some thanks for the qoute.
    Sorry, no clue about the PS problem.
    Keep it up! (update more!)
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    l feel bad. I've let this SB rest too long. Technical difficulties aside, being lazy and busy does not mix well. Today I will not have time to update, but later this week, hopefully tomorrow, there will be new material here. Promise. I will also take up DSG's again, as will I do with studies and such.

Other stuff I will be viewing here is my work for the, roughly translated, diploma in art. This is, of course, not what would be called a diploma out in the big world, but a small project with a deadline, as opposed to my other stuff. See you soon, and I will also visit your SB's as soon as I can!

Thanks
    Okay. I figured out the source of my aspect ratio problem. It was in the settings of my own damn monitor. It's like when it takes you three hours to figure out the reason you couldn't turn your computer on is that it's not plugged. I don't know why there sould be different pixel ratios, all pixels should be squares, right? Anyway, I'm uploading a test square to see if i think it looks like one to me, and if it looks like one to you. Let me know.

The Square of Destiny!

Fun from my head.

office violence for everyone!

Doodley-doo...

Now these are almost a month old. Some fresh stuff later! Not too much later, though... Till then!

Thanks
    Glad to see you back! Not any particular crits, but I wouldn't mind seeing some studies around here.
    Keep drawing!
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    My second book is filled! Here are the last pages of the Liber Sententia II:

This was after not having drawn for DAYS. I was rusty. So I did a quick warmup.

Trying different designs for the hood of a fantasy hawk.

Maybe this is still WIP. Depends on whether I continue on it or not...

From my head, to see if I still remember them. Joe, there WILL be more real studies in the future.

Then I got a new pen! And it ROCKS.

DSG 1153

CHOW 50

Yes, there will be more studies. But right now I'm rushing to finish my art project for school before christmas, so you may see some of that in the near future. And then I'll need your crits more than ever!

Till then...

Thanks
    D'oh! I just figured out why your solution to the image ratio/monitor problem makes sense, because all the things you say look distorted look fine to me, and the things you fixed look squashed.
    Nice update! Might do a paintover on the third one down if I get the time. Is that a brushpen? Those things are too much fun. I don't use them much since they're a little messy, but if you get used to them they're great for life gestures. Because they flow so smooth, you can get a doodle down if a few seconds.
    Keep it up, you definitely have and still are improving!
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    HI Serpian
    I like the look of that pen... its a brush pen right? yea I have that aspect ratio problem also. I can't seem to fix it. on my home monitor I stretch everything out manually, or else I noticed it will be squashed on my work monitor. its frustrating. your not alone.

Thanks
    Thanks, Joe and Santa!

I don't know exactly what is called a brushpen, but I guess this is one. It's called a calligraphy pen and it's tip is somewhat like that of a felt pen, only broad. And it's great.

And, yeah, Joe, now that I fixed the pixel problem my sp for sp-day looks like ass. Maybe I'll take a better picture sometime.

Here's a small WIP update on my school project. I think my problem right now is laying in values, this one is still pretty flat. But as there's no undo in watercolours, I'm afraid to take the next step, so to speak. Let me know what you think!

Thanks
    Update on my project... I tried upping the contrast on the face, almost ruined it. Hopefully you can't tell. I messed up on the DNA-strand, as they were supposed to touch the walls of the rectangle they're in. Ah well...

Thanks
    Hmmm, I'd like to help you, but I don't know CRAP about watercolors. Was the mandatory? Because you sure chose a dificult medium. Maybe take it to the critique center if you haven't already.
    Is that some sort of golden rectangle excersize?
    Keep the fairly frequent updates up!
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Thanks
    No, I was free to choose medium, but I was too cheap to buy me some new ones so I just used the old water colour palettes we have at home and som small acrylic pots for some of the details. But it's not like I'm very experienced in any other madium either! Well I guess I could have picked something easier than water colour.

The project is to "portray the roots to my interest in nature", or something similarly vague. I themed my paintings around math and science, hence the golden rectangle stuff.

Here's a WIP of the next piece, and you will still see updates on the first one!

There will be some regular sketchbook-sketches soon, and studies too! Patience...

Thanks
    Looking good! The chameleon looks a little unnatural (floating?), but the rest looks good. Great concept behind the upper right square!
    Keep up the great work!
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast