Demon Lord

Well ... done in painter with pentagram o'pen xl tablet

ill appreciate c&c ^^

...hmm
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of competing colors here... Cyan seems to be a weird color for a glowing demon, too. Work on the anatomy in the chest and shoulders... I do like the bright colors. But I would have maybe used reds and orages for background and popped the yellows as the demon's glowing bits. Also, the glow from his fingers isn't affecting his skirt, and it really should.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx for critique ill remember that, but why cyan is weard - have u ever seen demon? my concept is just like that :>

anatomy - right :/ i dont know anything about anatomy and that piss me off
    glow from fingers - ups :> right

...hmm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff, Templar! nonie is right - the cyan seams somewhat out of place. It's not that it don't fit with the demon - it's actually a very cool and original colour to use on something evil as it gives a chilling feel. The reason that the cyan feels out is that it seems out of place with the rest of the composition. Perhaps if you scale down on the vibrance of the red it should make a brilliant composition.

And your anatomy isn't bad either - the posture is really cool; the only thing that caught my eye is there might be something wrong with the ribcage and abdomen. Also just double check the biceps.

Great work over all! reminds me of spawn on the whole. I feel as though i want to scream like a girl.

Post more as you push them out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i personally love the (almost) complimentary green/red colors. very creepy. but yah i would say to work on the anatomy of his upper body, especially on his right side. feels a little flat.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anatomy i agree with, though i think the colors are interesting. you might want to give a darker appeal to him, perhaps adding bits of shaddow here and there. What i feel this peice lacks is distinction. The character agains the background effect just isnt there, and he comes off almost as part ofhte backgroun.d This i blame on a lack of effect from the prodominant light of the fiery background, as well as the lack of proper shading on certain parts of the anatomy. Its coming along, but definately doesnt seem finished.

cheers,

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually I like the cyan a lot. It looks cool, especially on a demon. I also like the orange cyan contrast. It reminds me of a great painting from jason manley using a cyan (desaturated) / red / orange palette (the rust falls: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19135 ). However your painting has other colorproblems:
    -The painting has to many saturated areas.
    -Your colors are to separated
    -You have nearly no color variation in this painting (your orange is the same all over the painting. Its the same with your other colors)
    -The blue in the lower part of the image doesn't fit into the color sceme of the upper part.
    - Your shadows and dark areas have color problems too

The lower part of the image has to many to bright objects separated by darkness. This is bad for the composition.

And of course the anatomy

Nice painting, I would like to see you work on this for a few hours to correct the major issues.

▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thx a lot for your comments, thats good to hear some honestly written words!
    and sorry for my rude reply about that cyan.... :/ soo childish :>

u are all right... i am just too lazy - anyone tell me that. i spend only 3 hours on that and that was one of my "longest" painting sesion ever [ all my arts are speedpaintings :/ dunno why i dont finish em ]

i just need more time to learn about anatomy and spend more time on my arts - ehh......

why i am sooooooo lazy

Thx a lot once again my friends!
    _T

...hmm

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.