Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts

anybody take a guess what's wrong with my Wacom?

In Photoshop 7, I can't get the pressure sensitivity or eraser on my Intuos 3 to function. It works in the painter demo that came with the tablet, and I swear that I've used it in photoshop 7 before, but the damn thing just won't cooperate now. Any ideas? I've already tried reseting the driver like 5 times, though it doesn't seem to be the problem (seeing as it works in Painter Essentials)
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It might be the Intuos pen and not the tablet. If your tablet runs okay on all functions and only the eraser craps out, then it might be the pen problem since all the sensitivity mechanisms are in the pen.

Edit: I re read your post and I think you're right about it being a software problem. Maybe you should try reinstalling Photoshop. Or (eeks) upgrade?
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Try going into the Driver Control Panel and setting it up by program just for Photoshop, worked for me more than once.

Erm... or is this what you meant by reseting the driver?

Thanks
    I got the same problem sometime on my PS7 too.

Go to control panel> wacom tablet, check the pen pressure level on it. You need to set it on "Firm" to get the pen pressure in PS7.

Also do you check your brush menu in PS7? Make sure the shape Dynamic option is click.

sometime unplug and replug the tablet USB may help too.
    Visit my website @
    www.Pencilkiller.com

My first published work
    www.Rhysmyth.com

Thanks
    Sometimes if you switch application (like Alt-Tab into Internet Explorer or something) while PS is booting up, the pressure sensitivity sometimes breaks. Try just closing PS, restarting it and just leaving it to load in the foreground, see if it works then.
    Otherwise, plenty of good suggestions here.

Thanks
    Dave,

Don't know what platform you are on but on my Mac, one of the 1st things I always try when something like this happens is to trash the prefs for the program that is causing me trouble. This often solves most problems. Try trashing your tablet prefs and see if it resets the pressure-sensitivity.
    Mark Hannon
    Art Direction & Design
    Online Portfolio

Thanks
    I've given up on playing with the Wacon Drivers/Application. In Photoshop just change the shape dynamics in the brush presets. Just set the Pen Pressure to 'on' in Photoshop for the Angle and Roundness Jitter to whatever sensitivity you want for the brushes you are using.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    good suggestions, but I think I am just going to have to upgrade. None of these things work, and the brush controls are all set properly, must just be my software I guess. Man I hate computers sometimes... The thing that annoys me is that I swear I've used it in photoshop before without problems, I just don't understand it.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)