The Baron of Grogzwig.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

The Baron of Grogzwig.

It's an assignment for school where we have to illustrate a story in 9 panels. It has to be achromatic scale with emphasis on using composition and values to create mood.

The short story can be found here. It's a Charles Dickens one and very wordy but boils down rather easily.

I'm at the last stage. I just wanted some feedback before I finished this. I figure it can only make it better. I had this in another forum but I think it's better off here.

1. The Baron Lives in a Castle.

2. The Baron is Unhappy.

These two are mostly done but if a change can be made, I'll do it. The next couple ones will be pencil sketches so I can get some opinions before I get down to the next level.

3. The Baron Gets a Chick.

-self crits: the position/length of the arms of the two right most guys(Changed).

4.The Guards Get the Boot.

-The main castle wall behind the gate will be a darker shade...not all of my markers work well. o_O I also want to add the bugle and sword to the Baron so he stands out more as that same character. I see a few anatomy issues I need to clean up before I ink this.

5. Been Bad News for Baron.

6. A New Friend

7. Not your average Man.

8. What's Your Choice?

- This is going to be a very stark picture with the bg being almost black and the characters white or close to it.

9. Perhaps death isn't so hot after all.

-Since this is the last panel I'm going to keep the contrast up with most of the values used chaotically around the demon.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    im not exactly following the story.. maybe cause i cant see straight due to sickness these past couple days, but even so, there seems to be too many panels that lack appropriate segways. i like your style, keep it

EDIT: the castle could use some bricks, not every single one, just a few clusters of 3 or so at random intervals. in the second image, it looks as if his subjects have severe cases of chickenpocks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.