Captain America!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Captain America!!

Here's cap looking all regal

Captain America!!

Last edited by Newbs; December 3rd, 2005 at 09:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome picture, I like the smoke and clouds surrounding him and the rough-rugged roofs and buildings. good anatomy and a cool chilled pose.

the perspectives looks a bit weird, but I think they´re correct anyway.

just thinkin bout his pants...they look very much like a pair of jeans with the seam going along his thighs. I think this what you´re going after, but I always pictured Cpt. America in spandex suit...but I guess that even a superhero must follow the unstoppable powers of fashion...hehe.

Will you color it??! that would be soo cool to see!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everything looks great , but his head seems a little small

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say the head and the hand.

It's very cool, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice looking pic Newbs,

I agree with the above crits, but it still is a goodlooking piece

Bruce

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks nice overall...However, anatomy is off...Also, BG isometric view makes the piece look flat...Keeping his footing at zero degrees adds to the flatness...

This piece is okay but in order to improve, do a sketch using the same scene but from another angle and with more dynamic point of view...Also, make sure to pay closer attention to anatomical proportions...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice pencils. Are you a Liefeld fan?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBobMarley
    Oof! Talk about giving with one hand and taking away with the other!

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    HAHA! That's like telling Orson Scott Card that you liked his latest book, didn't he write that book adaptation of Episode II?

Yeah, some Hulkism going on with the chest and upper body. If you look at the Ultimate Cap, during WW2, he's wearing more realistic clothes like (I think) combat fatigues for the most part.

Good start.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell
    lol. well done sir.

anyways, the perspective on him is all over the place. your ellipses on him (top of boots, belts, etc) need tweaking in terms of perspective, work on the perspective angle on his face as well.
    my point is that the camera is looking up at him because the environment and horizon line says so.

Don't touch me!!!
    your not my priest!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty cool picture, though he doesn't actually look too pissed. You also forgot his scale mail. Otherwwise I can't think of any crits.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it simply because it's so damn clean... that's effin' hard to do, so nice hussle on that. Once again I got into the game a little too late to point out anything that hasn't already been talked about. But these people know what they're talking about, so listen to what they've said (except that whole Liefeld part, try to act like you never heard that name) and work with the comments and tighten this baby up into a kickass Cap pic!

Why is the Rum gone??

My Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick note that I think would help with the depth...your background has the exact same line width, lighting, and detailing as your foreground, which pulls it all to the front and makes Cap look like he's standing next to some model structures. Since this looks pretty well rendered, I doubt you'll go back in and tweak it; so it's just something to keep in mind later on.

I really like your character work though, like Maruchan said, very clean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Newbs, don't take any offense to what I said man. Wasn't trying to insinuate anything. I just happened to notice a slight similarity in the jawline, the sharp angle of the gloves, and the cross hatching. It was a question, same as if I had asked are you a Maduriera fan if I thought there was an influence.

I do like the piece. You didn't place him square in the middle of the pic, and I like the perspective. Your details in the bg are great, no slouch there. If I could offer some constructive criticism, I think the head and the right fist are a little out of proportion. It looks like he's about 6'4" or so, but the head is still a bit small imo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MrBobMarley Hey Newbs, don't take any offense to what I said man. Wasn't trying to insinuate anything. I just happened to notice a slight similarity in the jawline, the sharp angle of the gloves, and the cross hatching. It was a question, same as if I had asked are you a Maduriera fan if I thought there was an influence.

I do like the piece. You didn't place him square in the middle of the pic, and I like the perspective. Your details in the bg are great, no slouch there. If I could offer some constructive criticism, I think the head and the right fist are a little out of proportion. It looks like he's about 6'4" or so, but the head is still a bit small imo.
    no worries mrmarley. I never tried to style myself after Liefeld. Though, I have seen his work of course. I thought the head looked a little small too, but then I thought...well, he is jacked. thanks for the crits.

Morkai -A quick note that I think would help with the depth...your background has the exact same line width, lighting, and detailing as your foreground, which pulls it all to the front and makes Cap look like he's standing next to some model structures. Since this looks pretty well rendered, I doubt you'll go back in and tweak it; so it's just something to keep in mind later on.

I really like your character work though, like Maruchan said, very clean

Thanks Morkai. I usually don't shade in my background-backgrounds...but then I thought I'd play with the balck shapes...

Maruchan -I like it simply because it's so damn clean... that's effin' hard to do, so nice hussle on that. Once again I got into the game a little too late to point out anything that hasn't already been talked about. But these people know what they're talking about, so listen to what they've said (except that whole Liefeld part, try to act like you never heard that name) and work with the comments and tighten this baby up into a kickass Cap pic!
    Thanks Maruchan.

BlueMech- Pretty cool picture, though he doesn't actually look too pissed. You also forgot his scale mail. Otherwwise I can't think of any crits.
    thanks blumech. No scale mail, that's underneath the pretty stars and stripes

anyways, the perspective on him is all over the place. your ellipses on him (top of boots, belts, etc) need tweaking in terms of perspective, work on the perspective angle on his face as well.
    my point is that the camera is looking up at him because the environment and horizon line says so.
    heh. thanks for the comments. aren't we looking up at him?

Threshold
    Yeah, some Hulkism going on with the chest and upper body. If you look at the Ultimate Cap, during WW2, he's wearing more realistic clothes like (I think) combat fatigues for the most part.

Good start.
    obviously this isn't supposed to be Ultimate cap. everybody's gotta start somewhere.

Elwell Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrBobMarley

this was funny thanks for that Elwell.

Kanji2000 -Looks nice overall...However, anatomy is off...Also, BG isometric view makes the piece look flat...Keeping his footing at zero degrees adds to the flatness...

This piece is okay but in order to improve, do a sketch using the same scene but from another angle and with more dynamic point of view...Also, make sure to pay closer attention to anatomical proportions...
    thanks for the advice.

Bruce Pluto nice looking pic Newbs,

I agree with the above crits, but it still is a goodlooking piece

Bruce
    thanks a lot Bruce!

dogfood -I'd say the head and the hand.

It's very cool, though.
    Thanks for the comments, what about the hand?? Elaborate and help a guy out. your post name reminds me of this guy I used to know who ate a half can of dogfood for $5 and then ate the rest for free because he liked the taste. true story.

chungking2399 everything looks great , but his head seems a little small
    thanks and true about the head

Chronic awesome picture, I like the smoke and clouds surrounding him and the rough-rugged roofs and buildings. good anatomy and a cool chilled pose.

the perspectives looks a bit weird, but I think they´re correct anyway.

just thinkin bout his pants...they look very much like a pair of jeans with the seam going along his thighs. I think this what you´re going after, but I always pictured Cpt. America in spandex suit...but I guess that even a superhero must follow the unstoppable powers of fashion...hehe.

Will you color it??! that would be soo cool to see!!
    thanks for getting the ball rolling chronic!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Newbs, yeah, my post was referring to the one previous that mentioned the small head; I feel the hand is pretty small, too. Sorry about the confusion.

And who's to say I'm not that guy?

OK, I'm not that guy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Newbs, yeah, my post was referring to the one previous that mentioned the small head; I feel the hand is pretty small, too. Sorry about the confusion.

And who's to say I'm not that guy?

OK, I'm not that guy.
    cool ....gottcha. and with that avatar of yours you could be that guy.....but yeah, you're not that guy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome pencils man. I love the details in the buildings and the anatomy. I tend to agree with the others about the head. It seems like the jaw needs to be lower.

It is better than anything I can do. Kudos to you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    metroeast Awesome pencils man. I love the details in the buildings and the anatomy. I tend to agree with the others about the head. It seems like the jaw needs to be lower.

It is better than anything I can do. Kudos to you
    thanks man.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.