Art: O-ren snipers nest
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: O-ren snipers nest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

O-ren snipers nest

http://kragen.deviantart.com/

Had loads of fun with this one learnd how to do a mess new things. youcan find a
    still shot here http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1...illshot4ce.gif

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    very cool,
    i wish the casings moved too.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not bad. it took me a moment to realize where everything was. this, i owe to the rough lines and lack of proper shading around where clothing meets body. try darkening the colors of her clothes, and thin those lines up a bit more to make a more natural feel to it.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the thing that throws off your eyes is tha part of her cloak that defies physics and just darts down for a little bit then changes its mind and conforms with the rest of it. Pretty cool though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quite cool.

As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
    - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've looked at a couple of these that you have posted, and I'm sorta confused by the way you produce them(your goal I mean, not your method of construction). As animation I'm not feeling it at all(If you want specific reasons why, reply and I'll post them). As Illustration I'm okay with them, I want more out of it but it passes for me. Note I'm not sure if you want crits or just assfluffage so I'm keeping the depth of my opinions to myself here. Really the only reason i'm commenting at all is I suspect you may be some sort of animator and good animation is hard hard work.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    she doesn't have positive control of the rifle, as it doesn't seem that it is seated in her shoulder. If was properly seated, the recoil would send the shoulder back as well in your animation. Realistically the rifle wouldn't just shake back and forth, with something that large the recoil would push the rifle back and as her left (viewers right) hand would not be able to hold the weapon completely still, it would travel upwards. Her hands should be moving with the rifle. It also appears that she's looking through the sight with the eye opposite the side she's firing on... The only people I've ever seen do this were boyscouts. They were learning how to fire a rifle for the first time and were uncomfortable accepting left eye dominancy because it made them different. It's also extremely uncomfortable to sight in that way. I'd also recommend gathering reference material for sniper rifles and sights to add to believability.

Members who have read this thread: 1