My 3 newest Mixed media images
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My 3 newest Mixed media images

First one is Fanart of the ps2 game called legend of kay this is a evil version of kay battling some wierd demons there is alot more to this picture to explain the story is some where on my DA gallery. [IMG][/IMG]

Second one is called Crystallforest. (description from Deviant art) Don't ask me why Current Otter is sad I was kinda doing random stuff this was a test of what I can do with both digital art and painting at the sametime.
    [IMG][/IMG]

the third one is called Wolf of the black wing this is my new ID on DA I know most people would have info on thier ID image but its on the description it kinda suits my gallery that way to me .
    [IMG][/IMG]

These pictures were done by a combination of both Paintings and was finished off on the computer with Ulead photo express to increase the colour and lightling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wtf. Again?

and where's my wolf?

Currently doing my internship at Muskedunder Interactive
    portfolio - cghub - deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteM
    Wtf. Again?

and where's my wolf?
    What do you mean by What the fuck again?? if its about me submiting images then I can submit when ever I want.

What your wolf? I don't even know who your "Wolf" is...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think they need more work.
    Sorry but thats just my opinion...
    work on them some more and I think they might turn out great!
    Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man
    I think they need more work.
    Sorry but thats just my opinion...
    work on them some more and I think they might turn out great!
    Cheers!
    Heres the problem I can't, its the best I can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    of course you can do better!!! How the heck are you ever going to improve with that attitude. Damn...

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everything is too muddy right now. your value scale is all focused in the middle. push it more. mixed media is a bear to master, but don't give up...it can yield some very exciting and efficient results.

-apollo

Those who make religion their god will not have God for their religion.

Thomas Erskine

Crit for a Crit: My Online Sketchbook of Super Power Fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man
    of course you can do better!!! How the heck are you ever going to improve with that attitude. Damn...
    I doubt it no offense plus n I'm working on different images with different type of art style..... a few posts ago that wasn't my fault it was Mortem's fault.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should improve your drawing skills instead of painting pictures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloNuevo
    everything is too muddy right now. your value scale is all focused in the middle. push it more. mixed media is a bear to master, but don't give up...it can yield some very exciting and efficient results.

-apollo
    no it isn't more focused on the middle if you saw the pictures unfinished you will see I focused on more than just the middle.

I doubt I would be that excited I would be slightly happy but not excited.

thanks for the comments but I'm gonna have to be honest with you girls and guys this is the best I can do when it comes to Mixed media art with both paintings and digital on Ulead photo express.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystallwolvelt
    Heres the problem I can't, its the best I can do.
    At the moment this is might be best you can do, but with practice you'll improve. Thats what people do here - practice and learn from each other. Take heed on people's comments and if they say something needs work, do it. Your not going to loose anything from doing so. Don't say 'thats my style' because thats what will hold you back.

We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I take it that you learned to take critique since your last visit.

Finally Finished is the showoff forum, mostly professionals post there. Don't worry, you'll get better replies in the other parts of this forum.

I'm pretty sure you want a cartoony style when drawing, but making real life studies will help you.
    Take your second picture as example. I'd guess most people would take that as an bear, not an otter. The only thing that would would show it's an otter is it's tail while the body is massive and strong, not long and slender like an otter.
    Otter-> http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com...1101350950.jpg
    All your works have lot's of anatomical errors. Only thing that works is to study more.

Stop using "ulead photo express". It's not helping your work, the second piece in particular would look better if you only used one media.
    It's also very hard to read through all your colours, they all blend together and make your stuff look very messy and flat.

Don't take this as an insult. People here want to improve and help others to improve.

(sorry for grammar/spelling errors, kinda tired atm.)

.peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by flatliner
    At the moment this is might be best you can do, but with practice you'll improve. Thats what people do here - practice and learn from each other. Take heed on people's comments and if they see something needs work, do it. Your not going to loose anything from doing so. Don't say 'thats my style' because thats what will hold you back.
    I would learn something if someone would send me a link to a great artist and if I like em I would learn from them.

My styles have done my DA account quite well I mostly try to become my no.1 artist named Aalbaich he does some awsome fantast pictures and gory to.

He may not have over 100,000 hits like a few lucky artists by but his style is one of the best I've seen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MorteM
    Ok, I take it that you learned to take critique since your last visit.

Finally Finished is the showoff forum, mostly professionals post there. Don't worry, you'll get better replies in the other parts of this forum.

I'm pretty sure you want a cartoony style when drawing, but making real life studies will help you.
    Take your second picture as example. I'd guess most people would take that as an bear, not an otter. The only thing that would would show it's an otter is it's tail while the body is massive and strong, not long and slender like an otter.
    Otter-> http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com...1101350950.jpg
    All your works have lot's of anatomical errors. Only thing that works is to study more.

Stop using "ulead photo express". It's not helping your work, the second piece in particular would look better if you only used one media.
    It's also very hard to read through all your colours, they all blend together and make your stuff look very messy and flat.

Don't take this as an insult. People here want to improve and help others to improve.

(sorry for grammar/spelling errors, kinda tired atm.)

.peace
    His shield is in the way so I guess only the dumb people would mistake him as a bear.

I can only use Photo express or microsoft paint anyway I'm not allowed to download or install other programs so I have to stick with what I have and I prefer these than others I've used (I can't remember the names) but I can be perfectly sure My Ulead photo express is better than the others also its very simple, you probaly haven't even tried everything with that program anyway.

If you want to give me some good information why don't you show me a good gallery of a good artist n If I like it I would be very apreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This forum is loaded with infomation and artists, just browse it. Namely here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

DA is place for people to go and share work, this is a place where people can come and improve. There's a big difference. People here will give constructive critism on the smallest of things. It dos'nt mean they don't like the work, it means they have spotted something that make it a whole lot better than it already is.

His shield is in the way so I guess only the dumb people would mistake him as a bear.
    Excuse me? no, hes right - it looks like a bear.

look at photos of bears and compare it. You will see the similarities. It seems your taking peoples comments to much to heart, rather than thinking 'hey I guess your right, I could improve on that'. These are comments for future refference. The next time you come to draw the character, you will know what to look out for

and don't call people dumb, it dosent do you any good.

edit: damn my cursed poor spelling

We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I would learn something if someone would send me a link to a great artist and if I like em I would learn from them.
    sure!
    here ya go:
    www.conceptart.org

the first piece is the most sucessful.
    this is because it has the best values.
    go into photoshop and convert all your sketches into greyscale.
    you will see the problem.
    the second two will be all very similar shades of grey.
    whereas, the first will have a wider range, nearly black to white.

think in terms of "value" before you think of color.
    that is,
    dont think: "should this be green or red?"
    instead think: "hmm, should this be a light red or dark red?"

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DSillustration For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, take it you haven't learned to take critique.

You shouldn't use any program at all, get it? Try working with one medium. The effects you have tried to create in the program is not working, try making them with your original medium.
    I don't see how me showing you a good gallery could improve your work. Care to explain this?

However, I can point you to this. It's not a gallery, it doesn't even have pictures in it. But please, read it anyway.

Back to the Basics: An FAQ regarding the foundations of creating art - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26636

And if you really, really have to use computers or want something with pictures:

Prometheus Tutorial - http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Don't forget CA has it's own section of tutorials:

Tutorials, Tips & Tricks - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Last edited by Olof; November 30th, 2005 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Krystallwolvelt-

Art directors don't want to hear excuses. They are unhealthy for you as an artist and as an employee. If you are going to be an artist, you've gotta take crits. Period.

-apollo

Those who make religion their god will not have God for their religion.

Thomas Erskine

Crit for a Crit: My Online Sketchbook of Super Power Fun

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ApolloNuevo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you need to drop the chip off your shoulder and listen to what people are telling you.

your paintings are muddy because you're working your pencil lines way too dark and its mixing with the paint. (If you want to paint over pencil you have to do it much lighter or use something to seal your work so your pencil doesnt smear into it). Then you can ink it after you color it. Your colors are also mixing likely because you're not waiting for it to dry between applications. All in all your work seems rushed.

Do yourself a favor and drop back to just getting your anatomy, perspective and composition down with pencilwork. once you have a good clean drawing (preferably several really) then seal it and paint it and ink it. expend some effort and time to step up your quality and you will start feeling better about your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pursuit of fame on DA and copying the "no. 1 artists" there is killing you.

Seriously.

I am a 3 year member of DA and a 2 year member of CA. These two sites are night and day. The fandom you have on DA is composed of people who are young, inexperienced and won't be able to help you improve. The attention you are attracting on CA is composed of pros, college-level art students and people who have gone through the fundamentals and basics to improve their artwork.. yes, EVEN ANTHRO ARTWORK BENEFITS FROM LEARNING THE BASICS OF LIFE DRAWING, VALUE AND COMPOSITION!!!

*exhales*

DA strongly supports the attitude of "But I'm a cartoonist/anime artist/anthro artist! What would I POSSIBLY need life drawing skills for?! No one on DA faves a life drawing, they fave winged fox anthros and chibi Inu Yashas!" Please Krys, don't become another casualty of that attitude!

[/rant]

The advice you have been given here, depsite your ease to brush it away, is far more honest and valid than "OMG AWESOME". It can be very, very tough to tear yourself away from a popular art style, especially one that you enjoy drawing/imitating and getting praise for, but you are simply slapping a final coat of paint on a house built without a foundation. And it shows. But if you have a little patience, you can excel far past the best you think you can do and come back to the style you love most with a stronger arsenal of technique and ideas.

...and back to work I get.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steph Laberis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hereby give this thread:

THE OFFICIAL MANKY83 AWARD

The Manky83 Award is only given to those threads whos posters show remarkable perserverance and dedication in the following categories:
    -Consistantly posting substandard artwork
    -Failing to accept constructive critisism
    -Lack of desire to improve
    -Poor use of computer programs to hide a lack of skill
    -LENS FLARES
    -Thinking art is a competition (and coming to the conclusion you're winning)

Congratulations on being the first recipient of this prestigious and sought after reward!

*edit*
    In my haste to present this award, I incorrectly attributed the originator of the award. I apologize to the committee, the viewers, and of course the distinguished recipient.

Last edited by fukifino; December 1st, 2005 at 11:00 AM.
    "Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fukifino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please nooooo lens flares ever ... I really dont like them.

But the images are not finished in shading .. colour choices are wrong .. a lot darker need they to be ... bad composition .. several focal points ... & probably all of the above.

Maybe try one of them purely in soft pencil.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fukifino
    I hereby give this thread:

THE OFFICIAL MANKY183 AWARD

The Manky183 Award is only given to those threads whos posters show remarkable perserverance and dedication in the following categories:
    -Consistantly posting substandard artwork
    -Failing to accept constructive critisism
    -Lack of desire to improve
    -Poor use of computer programs to hide a lack of skill
    -LENS FLARES
    -Thinking art is a competition (and coming to the conclusion you're winning)

Congratulations on being the first recipient of this prestigious and sought after reward!
    very funny!
    very true.
    very sad.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHOAH. I must have glanced over that comment. I see Flatliner has it covered, but dang, talk about irony; I had to sketch a bear and an otter today for a project.

Can you tell who is who? An otter is a far cry from a bear, not just because of the tail and body type; low-set ears, gently domed/oval shaped head, prominent whiskers and short, rounded snout. I don't see any of those features on your warrior.

Please Krys, you are not at the top of your game here. Take a step back and try to listen...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really thought "that is a bear in a wheel chair" ... strange indeed .. but the lense flare absolutly grabbed my attention ... I just noticed the leg on the right .

My idea must make the the dimmest cookie on here Hooray for me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KrystallWolvet!!, you are doing the same thing again , To tell you the truth, you work improbed since the last time, but you have to stay away from photoshop right now, i think your can learn faster and better if you stick to one media ( graffite); Study the basics and keep absorving information.

Faster improbement is always a matter of working harder and be able to think you can be better f you want to.

Also you have to be carefull with your words, you can say people are less intelligent if they dont see what you do ( the otter.....does look like a bear, a lot.....even my mother, who was walking by, said "thats a bear") Is your responsabilty to communicate the message to the people, any mystake in their perseptions is a mystake that you made as an "artist".

Dont get to sucked in your anger, try to post after a few hours so you have time to cool down, we all can relate to say thing we dont mean when we get even a little mad .

Good luck, remmember, no photoshop, start a sketchbook in the sketchbook seccion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

If you want to give me some good information why don't you show me a good gallery of a good artist n If I like it I would be very apreciated.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13996

coming here could be a turning point for you btw. This is most likely the first time people have bothered to give you good honest critique. Be humble and keep practicing, you'll see great improvements.

N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamagim
    KrystallWolvet!!, you are doing the same thing again , To tell you the truth, you work improbed since the last time, but you have to stay away from photoshop right now, i think your can learn faster and better if you stick to one media ( graffite); Study the basics and keep absorving information.

Faster improbement is always a matter of working harder and be able to think you can be better f you want to.

Also you have to be carefull with your words, you can say people are less intelligent if they dont see what you do ( the otter.....does look like a bear, a lot.....even my mother, who was walking by, said "thats a bear") Is your responsabilty to communicate the message to the people, any mystake in their perseptions is a mystake that you made as an "artist".

Dont get to sucked in your anger, try to post after a few hours so you have time to cool down, we all can relate to say thing we dont mean when we get even a little mad .

Good luck, remmember, no photoshop, start a sketchbook in the sketchbook seccion.
    I've never tried graffiti art on the computer n if I had a bunch of spray cans I would be out tagging my own private areas with my friends n probaly my ex girlfriend to (maybe).

I won't start a sketch book thread cause you ordered me to cause I don't follow orders from people unless they are really that important like if I got employed I would listen to my boss's instructions n all but I shut up about that now cause its slightly going off topic.

I don't use Photo shop I use "Ulead Photo Express" duh I've already said that on this thread.

I also did say some people can mistake him as a bear since he has a shield covering his torso.

What do you mean by Improbement anyway?

Btw I'm not gonna be that happy for a long time but that story has nothing to do with people I don't know like people here.

I did say to the admin himself if he doesn't like me then he can ban me cause i wouldn't really give much of a damn cause I can visit other places to talk about other things.

Just show em a simple demonstration of someones good artwork n that will be all thats all I'm asking as help from you guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    btw these comments aren't really that good just keep em short n send me links to Decent artists not artists that one2hit sent me cause I'm gonna have to admit that artist was rubbish.

I'm not reading anymore of these replies its mostly full of bullshit, I like the usefull stuff that Tully showed me on the Legend of Zelda picture I was quite grateful for that but he could have sent me a link if he wanted to do that edit.

When I scan a painting it doesn't come out that good so I finish it of on the computer either you like it or screw it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    btw these comments aren't really that good just keep em short n send me links to Decent artists not artists that one2hit sent me cause I'm gonna have to admit that artist was rubbish.

I'm not reading anymore of these replies its mostly full of bullshit, I like the usefull stuff that Tully showed me on the Legend of Zelda picture I was quite grateful for that but he could have sent me a link if he wanted to do that edit.

When I scan a painting it doesn't come out that good so I finish it of on the computer either you like it or screw it
    Bro, be a bit more polite in your replies, people here are trying to help you and you're simply flipping them off. Listen to the advices you get here instead of closing your ears to them. I can tell from the last months spent here, they are seriously deep into art and their advices are amazingly useful. Dont waste a good chance to learn more about art by getting banned for being rude to other members.. Dont let the pageviews on deviantart get to your head, cause you can basically amass those by spamming tasteless art which people will obviously land on one day or another....

Last edited by Mokuu; December 1st, 2005 at 09:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 34