Sketchbook: http://www.livestream.com/tomscholes - Page 14

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, lots of awesome variety!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ntitled-1b.jpg
    this is GREAT. Of course, the lines are great but your coloring is really bringing it onto a new level.

the rest of the stuff is good as well. Like your shrooms.

▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Superb update, Tom !
    I love your mushrooms ! [obvious joke aside, lol ! ] And the collabs are sweet. Tofumon made me laugh, hahaha ! Your art is very interesting and refreshing, I dig it.
    Cheers my friend.
    Julien.
    P.S: And no, I will not add you on my bad pupil list this time. How could I do that with such bad english ? But next time, swear !

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5 Bones From The Doc

Strong book here <> lovin' the strong structure, form and use of color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHA awesome magic mushrooms!
    Those are of a completely different quality.
    This http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ketakenoe7.jpg in particular.

As for what I've been up to, not much went up north for a couple of days, now I'll rigurgitate a couple of landscapes from that trip.

Cheers Tom.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man that branch, woo.
    tofumon is way cool. and the little value composition study i really like a lot.
    i've been online more, since school started so... see ya 'round.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I just wanted to say you have some nice huevos a few posts up. i thought it was a photo until i looked closer. good stuff, keep at it.
    -az

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seriously unleashed the ass whoopery on this page, a full on visual onslaught, great dollops of colouring skill and the shrooms look gorge ass.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm english.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im learning something just by looking looking at these stuff. Great colours. The scratchy surface makes the digipaints look traditional. I prefer ur finished pieces most, like the LastManStanding one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice and rich colors... especially this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...erimentalb.jpg

Those eggs look so real I'm hungry now. And actually I like those "sloppy" sketches... the tree is quite lovely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IA- Love the new avatar, I stopped by to say that and then was pleasantly usprised by your new enviros...I am especially fond of the black and white trees. Gotta love a little grime 'n grit!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.livestream.com/tomscholes
    WOW!<<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

really lovely mushrooms! With the flower and rocks below it, great
    Your working hard, and thats good!!!!

Qxzi 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing stuff Idiot Apathy, always enjoy your work, the last update especially, makes me wanna draw trees again

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Cup of Joe: Hahaha, when I wrote that I thought about rephrasing it but didn't just for you . Thanks buddy, if you can't think of any crits or comments it would be cool if you could see if you could explain what you like and why! That'd be cool, any insight on how someone else thinks is great! Peer Project Two? Hmm, I need to quit sitting on it and just post it up - I wanted to have a good half dozen "good" exercises all planned and ready to go but that's, erhm exhausting? I'm going to talk with some of the moderators and see what I can do about getting it a better spot in the forums too.
    @Jcai: Lol, what does that mean? grass painter hehe, thanks for dropping in!
    @J a k e: Hey buddy! I need to steal some doodles of yours and color them soon. Hey, I've got one or two of my own doodles down here that I'm going to "blame" you for - j a k e fanart maybe? Cheers buddy!
    @Kian: Thanks man!
    @Sabe2003: Thanks, variety my friend; spice of life.
    @Sabe2003: Hey! It's you again! It's a two drink minimum ok?
    @Zaknafain: Hey brother, got some good ideas on what I'd guess would be called color temperature from that one; messing around with that on this latest batch. Monochrome is pretty interesting, just values and temperature to mess with. See you round yeah?
    @Alday: Mon ami! I'm glad we both like each other stuff! We need to teach each other some things yeah?
    @Mentler: !!! Thanks! Means a bundle coming from you! Been having lots of fun trying to figure out form and etc. lately. Hmm, I need to stop by and see if you've been painting recently - dig your color usage on those.
    @evildisco: Heheh, their not magic mushrooms! Just uhm, delicious *whistles non-chalantly*, cheers bro! We need to share art info more!
    @Pennington: Hey man! Good to talk with you the other day! The branch? Thanks! Tofumon was really fun to do, had a smile on my face the whole time. Later yeah?
    @ArtZealot: Huevos, huevos grandes! Crazy the amount of attention those eggs has recieved, went pretty quickly and a little sloppy too - but they were nice and simple, much simpler than even an apple for sure. Cheers!
    @young paddy1: Ha! visual onslaught. Thanks man, later!
    @Bendragon: Cool! What are you learning by the way? If possible I'll try to err elaborate at times. Scratchy surface? Yeah, not entirely made to make it look traditional but definetly to try and stay away from the razor precise and too clean digital for sure. Finished pieces? Yeah, hmm I should probably do more - just so boring you know!? Cheers!
    @Meatsworthy: Heya meats! Nice to have you drop in here, really been enjoying your sketchbook! You need to teach me some stuff damnit! Come onnnnn!
    @MechP: Thanks! 'Bout time for a new avatar I say, big version down below. Happy you liked this last update! Woo to grime 'n grit. Keep stopping by ok?
    @Qxzi: Thanks! Working hard? Meh, I'm having fun! Gah! 15 years old? Getting a nice headstart eh? You bastid! Kidding, I'm sure you've figured it out by now that age isn't everything - young or old. It's more about experience, but still I'm jealous. I uhm, don't even remember being 15... and that was just 6 years ago! Ack, I'm old! Cheers!
    @Shinryu: Thanks! Go draw some trees NOW! Cheers!
    - - - - - - -
    Inspiration 'n Stuff:

Steve James - Blog
    http://www.fridayeve.com/wordpress/index.php?paged=2
    Oh man, got you started on page two here so you'll now what I'm talking about. This guys digi' portraits make me depressed...

Briteshine - Roberto Lauro Goring - Blog
    http://briteshine.livejournal.com/
    Just got this one from Evildisco; bloody hell I love this guys paints and colors!
    - - - - - - -

Hey hey! Check it out! I started a new sketchbook to post my lifedrawings from the classes I started this semester. Check them out, let the mockery crits and comments commence! Pleeeeeeease!
    ~Crummy Life Drawings by an Idiot~ Helllp me pleeease!

- - - - - - -

Lets see, uhm - life's cool, ups and downs and all in between. Having loads of fun experimenting with this "drawing" and "line" thing lately, especially helpful is my two life drawing classes this semester - 8 hours and change a week! Sweet!

Lots of doodles today, one or two more err "finished" than the others, having lots of fun with monochrome and color temperature.

Using a newer brush for these quick scribbles, same as before only now squished to about 30% and at an angle of -109 degrees. Hits those hard to reach spots a little better and just has a nicer feel to the strokes.

On with the show !

- - -

Start 'er off with a bang. This is the latest, kind of putting lots of little pieces together from these others. Not exactly a great comp, kind of cobbled together - didn't actually plan it out or expect to put much time into it but I was having fun! Messing around with some sort of impressionistic ideas, optical mixing a bit maybe.

Ok here is where I started off from the last update I think, just having fun with good ole CA.org sepia; kind of stumbled on a good exercise with color temperature (at least I think that's what it is...). Also started this whole micro-macrocosm thing with the mushrooms

Tried to take the color temp a little further, not exactly sucessful I don't think - ugly actually. Is this one full monochrome? Can't remember... start of the branches become shrooms and sort of treetrunk for mushroomstem idea.

This started as monochrome too, edited the colors later on to add some punch! Little more sucessful in temp I think. Trying to focus more on shadows and lighting too.

Creatures:

Come on, got to be inspired by J a k e. I mean I've drawn some wierd stuff too but this has a little J a k e flavor no? Anyways, quicky scribble quicky color.

Again, J a k e fanart maybe? haha. Having fun with hue shifts and sort of stylistic color. Quicky scribble quicky color.

New avatar hehe, starting to understand form and all a bit better since just this first week of life drawing - it's nice to have so much time to experiment in class.

Junk Drawer: (No pun intended!)

Bland scribble - just a crummy warm up, nothing to see here folks.

Another warm up, after like half a week without drawing/painting or so! Eek!

Hey! Buildings! That's new! Hard to tell but they are high above on mushrooms! woo!

Ze end!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup!

Can't believe I haven't stopped in here before - really wonderfull thread you have going. Colours and forms are spectacular! and the linework (especially these last ones in the "Junk Drawer") is fantastic! Think I'll have to stop by here more often - 5 stars!

ciao!

- d.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as always - great great stuff man. love the colours and 'paint application'. especially the recent collaborations are looking really really exciting and juicy. it is literally making my mouth water...

do keep it up, and have fun with the figures drawing class man.
    take care,

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you like you're having fun over here. i like it when people enjoy their work: the fun always seems to come across to the viewer! great stuff, keep it comming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    same old words from me .. great stuff ..
    especially loving the values on the first 2 creatures ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey again,

good update once again. Lovely mushrooms! In that update the creatures did it for me. There both angles, halos

Ill love to see more !!!!

Qxzi 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this one is a real winner... we need to do a collab yo! shoot me a PM.. and lets do it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your colours are damn fantastic! Love the mushroom series. And confidence. Great stuff, keep pleasing my eye!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No way are those eggs not really. I'm goddamn hungry now you freak

Great stuff as ever. Loving the collabs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're a god damn inspiration Love your colours to bits man. As i said bro, use my stuff any time you want. Always brings a smile to my face. Awesome stuff as always. Love your colours, and pretty much everything you draw Tom! Oh hope you don't mind i used our collab for a new avatar

Last edited by j a k e; September 9th, 2006 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    long time lurker who decided to post, because he loves your work so much.

Keep it coming, keep it coming, full speed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Awesome Collaborations

Great to learn from your style....thanks for posting
    Cheers
    3B

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Apathy
    @Alday: Mon ami! I'm glad we both like each other stuff! We need to teach each other some things yeah?
    yeah, sure ! I will try to do my best, PM me about what you want we talk, I will try to reply in plain english, lol ! But seriously, you did fine between all your enviro's and monsters [I love them, way too fun !]. Anyway, Tom, PM me, ok ?
    Cheers.
    Julien.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Demented: Thank you much! Color and form seems to be where I spend most of my time for sure haha, started drawing more and more just recently however. Thanks for the stars, hope to see you back soon - I'll save you a seat.
    @Tensai: Hey bro, thanks for always keeping me company in here! And thanks, working an more 'paint application' ideas lately too, almost feel like busting out Painter or some oils.. Figure drawing is good, demoralizing at times though ack! Cheers.
    @Cakeypigdog: Haha thanks, glad a little bit of that is apparent in the painting. See you around!
    @DieOxin: Haha! Thanks bro. Those 2 creatures were fun, nice limited value range - lots of hue shifting.
    @Qxzi: Thanks! Monsters with halos man, all about the monsters with halos. Didn't realize the angle thing though, that's neat too! I'll honor your request and give you more
    @Mr.Blonde: Hey man! Was great to see you in here, you're really kicking ass and taking names these days. Still working on our collab, little stuck on where to go .
    @Fooxoo: Thanks! What do you mean by confidence by the way? I'll try and keep 'pleasing your eyes'. Cheers.
    @Mull77: Haha, man - those eggs again!? So strange as they were pretty quick and my warm up for the day...
    @J a k e: Hey buddy! Thanks a lot man, means a bundle. Glad you liked that collab so much ! Keep on updating yeah?
    @mrdoom: Cool man, that's great. Now post some stuff!
    @3bleadpencil: Thanks dude, what did you learn?
    @Alday: Hey bro! Thanks a lot, I will PM you soon!
    - - - - - -
    Some inspiration:

Mark Kennedy
    http://sevencamels.blogspot.com/
    Hot damn, full of gems.

John Watkiss
    http://www.johnwatkiss.blogspot.com/
    King of temperature I say.
    - - - - - -

Hey guys and gals, started up:
    * The Peer Project V2* Color Theory, Lighting and More!. Join in! . . . NOW !
    - - - - - -

Been reading this lately, Alla Prima by Richard Schmid. Best 60 bucks I ever spent and you need to buy it too.
    http://www.richardschmid.com/book.html

Ok, on with the show;

Color Sketches:

Ugh, no more optical mixing - my hand hurts from all the brushstrokes. I suppose I could have cheated, set up a brush to do it quicker or whatever but, meh. learned some goodies though. Line sketch is below.

Random mess, scribble warm up. Haven't done too much with texture lately - or full color.

Hill behind the junk above. I like the clouds for some reason.

'nother color scribble - messed around with a warm overlay layer above where I was sketching, kind of neat.

Doodles and other Junk:

http://www.livestream.com/tomscholeshttp://www.livestream.com/tomscholeshttp://www.livestream.com/tomscholes
    Hehee, just wierd scribbles. 10 minutes each or so, kind of fun.

Quick frogduke scribble and color sketch.

Super quick scribble into some texture

Tree from above. Meow.

Along those same vibes sorta.

Warm up or something, just playing.

A building, a crummy building.

Messing around with 1pp, should do more buildings I think. Fun, but ugly.

Cave painting near my house... :|

Scribble before bed.

From Reference:

Doubled the canvas from the photo - like having the photo above your paper I guess. Drew some plumb and level lines and went from there. Grayscaled the photo too, tweaked the levels a bit. No other 'crutches' involved. Ref: Click!

Wish I had thought to use a grid on the other one haha, set PS up with a grid set to pixels - just did the math and had the photo and canvas side by side. No other 'crutches' involved. These are kind of fun but a little tiresome. Ref: Click!

HA! HAHAH! Apparently you can only post 30 images per post... wait, I don't count 30. Oh well, have to split this one !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Collabs:

Collab with Fellah
    Hehe, just a quick one he posted in doo and I stole

Collab with Rodrigo!
    Woo yay, eye burner.

Collab with J a k e #1
    Was a warm-up a few days back, good fun. Cheap texture use hehe.

Collab with J a k e #2
    Don't really like this one much haha.

Collab with J a k e #3
    Woo to eyeburning yellow!

Collab with J a k e #4
    Ok, this enviroment he actually started and I just stole it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! a lovely SB you got here, such talent and creativity.

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 18