Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pretty sweet stuff.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @DieOxin: Thanks a bunch mate! In case it wasn't clear that was an entry for Chow 11, Egyptian lich. The Canvas... size was... well damnit I forgot to set it up properly and now I have no idea what size it would be in pixels; its not really that huge I don't think. The close-up shot is actual size if that helps.
    @Joiton: Thanks! Hehe, rabbit bot... can't believe I posted that. Hope you didn't feel you jinxed me with your "please never stop posting", I'll get to that in a minute. Cheers!
    @Kitsu: Thank ya mate! I thought for a long time, well longer than I usually do about that last landscape. I really learned a lot from it! Pro level?! Eek! I wish I could make a living doing this already but I'd get fired so quickly; I'm still bumbling around in the dark, so much I need to know!
    @Pennington: Heya Dude! Thanks for the kind words! Sweet lord, almost a bloody month, how did this happen?! Glad I could help you with painter, I seem to remember you asking for the original RIFF/Progress File on one or two of these; which were they? Or which do you want? I'm sorry I forgot! I can't believe how busy school has gotten me. Ok, hard and soft edges in painter... Probably best if you use two different brushes I think. Find something with hard edges and another brush with soft edges, or up bleed and resaturation a bit so your strokes blend together. A quick and dirty alternative, which I actually like for somethings is to use a very soft blending brush and very low opacity just where you'll need it on edges. Try going against the edge and with the edges, experiment and practice is most important ya know? Cheers!
    @Bumskee: Heya mate... man seriously we need to get together again, I've been stupid busy with school and lazy with my free time... I should be ashamed!
    @Orozc0: Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your sketchbook later mate.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

O Crap! Pennington made me realize it's been almost a bloody month since I've posted here; it's not that I've been painting and not showing you guys, I haven't really been painting! I'm focusing on my studies at school, really hitting drawing hard for the first time in my life, it's really great but really draining. Since I've never really studied drawing I've got to put all I've got into it. With what little spare time I have these days I feel like reccuperating you know? When I do try and paint I don't seem to have the motivation to finish anything, it's frustrating!
    Ok, anyways; I've got to get to bed but before that I thought I'd post a few scribbles I managed to get out the other day. I couldn't output much of a finished piece but found a few new techiniques and ideas I can put to use later, so alls good!

Another Sloppy doodle... sigh

Yup more slop, I like some of the shrub-bub-bub-bub though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your paintings, especially the colors!
    You've probably mentioned all these things before, but I'd like to ask anyway:
    When you work in PS, what brushes do you use to get those "brushy" looks? Can you share your custom brushes with us? (I've never made a successful custom brush, hehe) = )

Anyway, loved looking around, I will definitely rememebr to come back.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Absence and booze.

There are no small sketchpads, just small artists.

The make-perfect button must come from within.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whats up man? some reeeeally nice stuff in here. in fact, some pretty wicked stuff in here. the bottom one from Jan 3 is my favorite of them all. cant really crit much, but maybe you could try to work more and more composition into your quick doodles now. youre nailing the colors and getting the textures well, now its to the next step. that said, i dont really know what you could add, but you can always keep getting better. i dunno...to me, the tree drawings are like, compositionally pretty much the same. maybe throw some variety into that. yeah, i know theyre just quick doodles and stuff, but it all helps. keep ahead on the schoolwork man, but definitely take time to refresh. we all need that. and thx for showin my sketchbook some luv (tough luv). see ya 'round dude.

Last edited by purb36; February 21st, 2006 at 04:34 AM.
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Idiot apathy, hehe how you doing bro!??!?! what's with this crap australian accent you picked up recently??? we need to catch up, stop being a snob!

Nice enviros as usual and colours! I really like how you are mixing the brush strokes, it's working well. The contrast is good I think it would be awsome if you merged the last two paintings. love the details on the grass and plants. keep pushing that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AND HE IS ALIVE !!..
    dude .. i want to see some figure drawing now ..
    but great to have you back ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Bad Brownie: Heyas Brownie! Thanks much for the kind words, . About all I use PS for these days is some color correction and touch-ups. I do the brushwork in Painter 9, let me know and I'll send over a brush or two.
    @Purb36: Thanks mate! And thanks for pointing out the obvious, sometimes it needs to be done ya know! I've noticed the compositions getting similar... especially on the right side. I think I'm just trying to work a specific idea out of my head, I dunno. I'm also getting lazy at times, I need to focus on improvement and nothing else! But... morale is important too I think. Let's see, bottom one from Jan. 3rd? The ... WarWabbit? I'm enjoying your sketchbook lately man, I'll keep up with the tough love if I can haha.
    @bumskee: The crap aussie accent? I just want to be like you mate! ... ok not really, was just looking at an aussie slang dictionary haha. I'm not being a snob! I swear! Thanks for the encouragement as always mate!
    @DieOxin: Erp! Yeah... hmm damn; maybe I should scan some in so you guys can make fun of me, I mean help me out. Thanks for the welcome back mate.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm feeling better now, back to my old mojo. I wasn't sick, well physically at least. Let's call it Artists Depression if you will, I'm sure we've all had it no? I've been forcing myself to focus on things I don't particularly enjoy, hard things! All the while neglecting having some fun with my art as well, big mistake! All work and no play...

Anyways, had some fun tonight:

Lines by evildisco:

Ok, this one doesn't count for tonight; I did it a while ago in the New Media Coloring book.
    Kind of an experiment with a yellow tint, really fun!

An ugly tree in an ugly field to start 'er of for the night.
    A good warm-up! Must work with water more...

This one just came together really quick and nicely! So very much fun! I'm horrible at buildings...
    but I like this one, really like the in-flight bird too. Messing around with some field of vision ideas.

I was going to quit but... couldn't resist a few more strokes on the canvas, out comes this.
    Kinda of fun, kind of... annoying. A learning experience regardless.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MAD fuckin colours man, i love em! Everything looks so solid and natural. Sometimes a bit overwhelming with saturation, but not often.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice nature paints. especially like the jan. 27 ones and this badboy
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nal-Detail.jpg

keep it up man

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excelent no word.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

this is interesting, wow !

look I dont know why I love you I just do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Painter, eh? I don't have that program, but maybe I should? I'll look around and see if I can find an educational copy somewhere that I can afford. ; ) I'm sure I'll be able to get ahold of it somehow (birthday coming up, hehe), so if you can send me some brushes I would sure love it!

Sorry to hear about the loss of mojo, I know exactly how you feel. I have gone through it before, will go through it again, and am going through it right now, in fact! I think it's one of those inevitable necessary evils of life. Sometimes it takes these crap tomes to recognize and really seize those good times, eh?

Anyway, love your new stuff, that willowy tree by the water is great, I think the yellow tint worked out well for you there. I also like how that house is on a slant, it has a great style and feel to it. Looking at it (well, your style in general) makes me happy. I am a fan of your color choices (I know there must be a better way to describe what I want to say there, but it escapes me for now, hehe).

in summary, your work cheers me up and gives me ideas (good ones, not "burn the house down" ones!)

I promise I'll stop talking....now. = )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap, awsome awsome colours, would love to have your sense of colours haha

I guess your characters can be a wee bit off sometimes tho. Mainly having the proportions in mind now. But keep posting, I bet this won't be a problem, but show us some more humans too!

t

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Tenelaus: Thanks! I know what you mean in regards to the saturation; I'm trying to be conscious about it lately, think I'm figured
    @Tensai: ありがとう! 東京はどう? The ones from Jan. 27? Really? I don't really like the second one from that post hehe. Cheers!
    @Ganbat-Bad: *!!!* Thanks! Keep dropping by mate!
    @Egets: Thanks much! I really had some fun on that one, a few breakthroughs too!
    @Bad_Brownie: Honestly after I "figured" out the brush engine in Painter I don't see why anyone would still use Photoshop to paint, well ... I can understand why I suppose haha. The educational copies are reasonably priced, thankfully. You might try out the demo on the Corel site as well by the way. Let me know and I'll send you a brush or two to experiment with . I think the problem with my mojo was I wasn't doing any personal work, wasn't having any fun ya know!? I'm working a few things into homework and trying to make time for myself now so I'm doing much better I never would have thought I would have so much fun painting well, "happy" things haha, I'm really enjoying this color palette though. Anyways, glad to have your input, stick around yeah?
    @Tigermilk: My characters? I don't really, have any... perhaps your refering to the New Media Coloring Book collaborations? I guess you might be refering to my two CHoW entries... I'll have to start posting, (and drawing haha!), some more figures so you can help me out on those though Anyways, as far as my "sense of colors" I'm trying to illustrate a little bit of how I go about things in the Peer Project thread that you can find in my signature. It would be cool to see you in there mate, not sure if it will help you out or not though. Btw, you've got some real pimp stuff in your sketchbook; cheers!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ack, practically falling asleep here. Passed up playing some videogames to paint tonight, glad I did Some fun stuff got painted I think.

Had a rough idea of this when I was driving to school the other day, trying to make the most of my time ya know? Haha.
    Messing around with shadows... should really incorporate them more often, adds so very much to the illusion.

Seriously started passing out while doing this one; glad I didn't though!
    Discovered some neat techniques... should prove useful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    almost missed this one if it werent for my late night/early morning sketchbook browsing!!! amazingly beautiful art here, 5 stars from me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice environment studies! gorgeous colours! Vibrant and alive. Goodies!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...7/e194099b.jpg - my fav, great textures.

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *rolls in the grass * how about some cloud studies , i bet you make killer clouds lol , very good stuff here, i must subscribe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice colours tom. loooking really sweet and you certainly capturing the mood. Here's what I think you can do to take it further though, try some different mood, it's very nice and happy but something more sinister or dynamic? and tighten those areas too! talk soon dude!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    always a treat to visit your thread. that last one's really cool. can't wait to see more. if you ever find the time could you give me the steps from post 71 and also the boxes from the peer project. oh, and the custom brush you gave to bumskee. but i don't want you to be making yourself tired all the time, get some rest. and keep working hard! later

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyas, sorry my post in your guestbook posted twice...I think I fixed it though! I think ALL of your work would make great desktop wallpaper, but if I had to pick, I'd probably go with the "swirlhills," "fileds final," and/or "ziggarat final." = )

I am working on getting a copy of Painter for my b-day. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I'm turning 21 in style, dammit! Sweet, sweet apathetic style...

anyway, gotta run, will stop by later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job getting back into it! Every painting is measurably better than the last. I've been slacking really bad for the past few weeks (Video Games ), but looking at your stuff makes me feel like painting again.

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice ! . . . pure eye candy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Burning_Eyes: Thanks! Eeek, I have stars now... that's making me nervous haha.
    @Fooxoo: Thanks, I'm really in love with color right now. The one you picked as your favorite was kind of funny; I didn't expect much of anything out of that. It was just a quick study but after a few color tweaks I think it came out really nice and I learned some things too.
    @Eva: Hahaha, sometimes I try to picture myself in the painting while I'm creating it... sometimes rolling in the grass too. Clouds? Ok, I'll try that soon.
    @Bumskee: Min ! How you mate? I've been thinking about new moods and what to do; really excited to sit down and give it a shot; however I still feel the need to flesh out what I'm doing now as well... I need more free time. Tighten? K, working that out too. See ya round mate, wish you the best
    @Pennington: K, cool; Thanks for being patient; hopefully I can get that stuff to you this weekend. My custom brush hmm... hehe ok ok, guess it's time I let it go public... it's kind of hard to take the ace out of your sleeve sometimes though... Cheers mate, see you around!
    @Bad_Brownie: Hey at least you posted in my Guestbook! I'll try and get those wallpapers up on the weekend hopefully. Happy soon to be birthday! I turned 21 in December See ya later!
    @Kitsu: Good ol' videogames eh? I know how that is; I've gotten back into them recently to help me relax a bit, all work and no play you know? Anyways, get painting! Thanks for the kind words
    @DieOxin: Hey dude! I'm going to stop by your sketchbook later tonight after work I think, it better have some fresh updates! Btw, I like your "new" avatar...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Just two today, actually didn't even paint them today haha... one was from Sunday I think, the other was... uhh tuesday between classes.

I subconciously remade that earlier one with these same guys;
    I don't think we've seen the last of them either.
    I'm still working out an idea that Bumskee brought up...

Well, this is more of a scribble really; done between classes.
    Just trying out some technique ideas.
    Now that spring is coming close I'm going to head outside and study some trees I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HA!!! nice depth.. and u know what I am going to say.. love them. U should do more.. hehehe send me a print!!! I think I am going to put it as my desktop!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think these pics are blur too much!
    if these can change to be shaper it 's better!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, you've been busy here, hehehe.
    The clouds on the last one are spot on.
    Btw when are you done with this school cycle?

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Bumskee: Yar mate! Prints... yes prints. I'll try to work that out.
    @kitpoon: I think.. I know what you mean. I've got to work with both sharp and soft obviously; more sharp more better!
    @evildisco: Heya buddy! School, is over in... May? Thinking about taking some summer classes though, oil painting maybe. Yourself? Where you going to school anyways?
    @Pennington: Brushes are far below mate! Sorry it took me so long, hope you like them! I think the one I gave bumskee is named IdiotApathy's Brush Old, or something. Sorry I don't have a very good naming scheme haha... just mess around with them and see what you like, make sure and try different opacities by the way. Let me know if you have any questions!
    @Bad_Brownie: Full size pic's ready for wallpapering are far below too!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A couple of experiments and a landscape below for tonight, I've been working on a few other things but I think I should get the O.K. before I post them, more on that later I suppose.

These first two are from concepts Bumskee posted in his sketchbook and was kind enough to send me copies Thanks buddy !

A quickie landscape before bed, about an hour? Working a little on variety...

My current, and very messy, brush set if anyone besides Pennington wants them, let me know if they work ahah: Click Me!

A few full sized pics ready for wallpapering for Bad_Brownie, everyone is welcome of course: Click Me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice last update but i wanted to comment on the landscapes. i really like the colours and all, but i especially like the 'depth of view' you have when you paint these - yo know, how things get out of focus far away. crafty!

i think a next step could be to show different lighting situations, evening light, winter light, during/after rain etc. you got the sunny day in summer/spring colours and atmosphere down really well, so...

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    saaaakuuuuuRAAAAAAAA...saaaakuuuuuuuRAAAAAAAA...

may 2, the ghosty gravestone thingies, what material are they? they seem to be stone; if so, check out the highlight on the closest one (right side of the pic)...seems to be a little to sharp for the texture that it is (or seems to be). i like the composition of that piece and the one below it as well...keep pushing for different things. mata gambatte, e wo shikkari kaite, ogenki de ne!

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following