Sketchbook: http://www.livestream.com/tomscholes - Page 35
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1461

Thread: http://www.livestream.com/tomscholes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Texahol View Post
    just go to his blog.

nerd.
    Replying/quoting a nerd's comment is equally nerdy. So that makes me double-nerd. Snap! :o

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the comments you left in my book. Your IFX workshops inspired me like crazy wen I read that you had only been doing digital art for 3 years. Thats pretty serious.

On another note; those environments you've been making have some real chunk factor. They have more heartiness than an arby's sandwich. Real confidence. I can only awe and imitate.... for now.

Anyhow, great stuff. And keep up the great positive vibe you got happening. It would be pretty sweet to have a chill in Seattle.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funky.

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work man. I really enjoy the painted landscapes

View My Portfolio: I'll return the favor.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1474174

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AlexC: Thanks much hombre! Color with oils, getting there - well I would be if I was still in school Got to work on that. Definitely got to try more traditional landscapes. Been having a ton of fun with just black ink and white acrylic lately actually. Thanks again!
    Darktwin: Thanks very much! *high five*
    spudstudios: Hahah why are you thanking me?! Thanks amigo!
    panda: Seattle! Shanghai, not so much. Hehe, thanks for the color scheme crit; been fun to play around with. Going to do more, underwater? Hmm maybe! Space? Dunno ... maybe? Interior, I should definitely do more of. Chairs!
    MsMaverick: Awwwww, thanks so much! Glad you have delurked! Do you have a sketchbook? If not, start one up! It's good for you! Again, wow such kind words - thanks!
    dhilipsomesh: Namaste homey! Thanks!
    TheGnoll: Hate only hurts the haters my friend. *high five in seattle* all the way from Italy? Wow! You wouldn't like my brains by the way, too salty and mushy. Chairs!
    Brendan N: Buddy! How is life? Thanks for the overly kind words I definitely need to do more oils and more colors with them - as far as being loose ... I think that comes after you know what you are doing already! Though I am not opposed, I just need to know where to make the marks before I start making less marks perhaps? Cheers homey!
    Troll Skelking: Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! No smudge here, just a good old round brush most of the time. I should really use more perpsective lines or guides, generally if it's not buildings or architecture I don't though Thanks again, cheers!
    MeTaL-Mike: Thanks much! *high five*
    CasualBlue: Thanks very much! Big shapes are where it's at, it's just building blocks really
    SirGreenSock: Hey! Nice to see you in here, good crits. Spotlight .. no - no real reason, just cheap and tacky focal points I suppose. Great crit about chins and jaws, I think you are dead on and I will now be more careful of that. Cheers dude!
    Dabaers: really? my figures? Those stick figures? Thanks man!
    Duq: Thanks mucho!
    Frank Wade: What up frankyfrank! You know I will see you in seattle dude. Buy you a beer?
    codenothing: Thanks very much! I'm just getting started! Well maybe I'm getting rolling, not sure
    m0uS3r: That is a hard name to type. Thanks very much! I have cheap Utrecht brushes, ok they are probably midrange. I think all I use are filberts though, I am a newb. Thanks mucho!
    krossj: Thanks a ton! Ok ... what's with the name change? I am so confused! Make sure and say hi in seattle ok?
    Teh Gosu: Chanks!
    FactorZero: Thanks homey, and a great crit. Been thinking about this one a lot. cheers! Oh, another reply? Sketches? Drawings? You know, I don't do much of that - never have really. My traditional thread is where I started up with pencil again after so so many years. I have been sketching just a tad during lunches at work and sometimes out and about. I dunno, I really suck with lines is the thing
    RaistlinTheDark: Thanks very much! I will try and pop by your sketchbook soon, if I don't - remind me! I am just lazy in combination with busy. It's lame I know
    Texahol: you cow, focus on learning not catching up to anyone anywhere. plus, you are a cow. moo.
    bumskee: min! you cow! I miss talking with you cow. *zoom*
    MrBobMarley: Haha, thanks very much! Glad you have enjoyed the tutorials!
    Infinit: Crits! Yay! 1. Good crit. 2. Hmmhmm, I think I get ya. I am so lazy. The hairy skin is just two brushes, not coro's pubes or anything. 3. Yeah, definitely. I just got sick of this one 4. Thanks! 5. Yeah I was purposefully playing with the eyes. Dunno what happened 6. Tube? Hoo crap, you are right. Think you could PO it? Faces are hard. Thanks homey!
    koppa: What up buddy! My oils? No sir, your oils are getting EVEN better! You will quit that concept job soon and go fine art, I command thee!
    luxun: Hahaha, no ... man it really does look like ball hair though eww.
    Stark: Lol, Didn't know you are 20! I am 22 by the way I'm not lil, nor am I a geezer - but perverted? sure why not. Cheers homeslice, see you in seattle!
    whiteeeeeee: 7, 7 e's. Ok I got it now. Thanks so much dude, and hell yes we should collab. What should we do? *high five*
    aedman: Hehe overload? BOOM! Thanks very much!
    Koto Stomp: Hehehe, thanks very much! Blue gunk and halo ... probably some sort of plasma grenade fetish - who knows? hehehe.
    Skeiff: Hahaha, I'm not making you guys look bad! It's min yum! Let's kill him!
    Cup of Joe: Thanks mucho amigo! Will keep it up for sure! seattle?
    funfetus: Do some do some environments! Yeah I seriously started art about the same time I joined CA - not a coincidence. I had drawn as a kid, but not much as a teenager. Oh and I sucked hardcore. But I have been painting my ass off these last four, making up for lost time. Thanks for the kind words, keep up the good work!
    MeTal-Mike: Yup, did that - I think you saw right? They are junk anyhow hehe. Go grab bumskee's or m@'s or barontieri's!
    Gilles: smoking Turnips?! will that get you high? Thanks very much, my style is what I like to call lazy hobo. Cheers!
    m@: Mathias! Very glad to see one of my favorite artists in here! So glad to hear you are coming stateside, and sure do hope to see you in Seattle!
    OldNoobie: Ahhh, I see - well she's hot. *high five* Thanks mucho!
    MorteM: Thanks a bundle! One of your favorites? no way! have you seen some of the sketchbooks out there?
    hummdrumm: Curtis you turd! hell yes they are on my mom's fridge, jealousy doesn't suit you my friend! Yeah, classes man - I need to get my learn on. Illustrator ... vectors... bleh, vomit! Glad you are liking painter though. Rob .. .rob... is he the guy who subbed for our headpainting that one day? Update your sketchbook you cow!
    BohemianChaos: Thanks very much! I don't think I met you but I sure did see you around a lot! Let's have some fun in seattle! woooooooo!
    MattGamer: MATTMATT! You monkey, quit crying and don't buy a mac and come to seattle you cow. wallpaperz... what was I supposed to get you again? remind me you cow! email me would probably be best. Werkz is good, I'll be salary here shortly - I think I am technically? Dunno. MOO!
    OBX: Thanks very much dude, and so happy to inspire people. I guess I've been doing the art thing for about 4 years now? Anyhow, time is such a subjective quality CHUNK! ARBY'S! HEARTY! Man, if this was the back of a movie I would quote you on that hahaha. Cheers homey, see you in seattle no?
    cartoonfox: CAI! You cow! Why have we never talked? This needs to be rectified.
    smoothgroove: Thanks much!
    ---
    Some hot linkage:
    Carl Beu - aka Demonhand aka Hungerartist
    http://demonhand.blogspot.com/
    Loved this guy since I joined CA. So unique and fresh.

Rob Barrett - aka Romance
    http://blogofromance.blogspot.com/
    I should link to my buddies more often. Anyhow, my good buddy Rob! *high five* you badass rockstar mo'fakka emokiller!
    ---

RAR! update!

Quick study from reference

Remixed and paint.

Quicker remix and quicker paint. I so lazy.

Ink and Digi Experiments:
    On a whim I stopped by the art store at lunch and picked up some sumi ink. I brought it home and have been experimenting with just whatever paper and brushes I had around. Added in some white acrylic for a fuller value range as well. Been have a ton of fun, very liberating and very refreshingly non-digital. Ironic because I have then been photographing them and playing with them further in Photoshop. Generally very quick with ink and about the same digitally

One of the first, and very messy

A quick (1h? 1h30?) study I did for min's revival of the Digital Painting in PS thread!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=107217

---

RAR! Demo's!
    From my demo thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...48#post1479648

Demo Twenty Four!

---
    3 Simple 30 minute Sketches:
    Concentrating on simple techniques and process as well as the "remix" technique.

Part One:

Full Resolution Lossless Codec Video: CLICK
    Codec: http://download.techsmith.com/tscc/tscc.exe

Part Two:

Full Resolution Xvid Codec Video: CLICK

Part Three:

Full Resolution Xvid Codec Video: CLICK
    http://blogofromance.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent environments and videos are great for those of us who can learn from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are really really unique!
    you've mastered the digital realm, not lets see you master the analog medium! Cant wait for some oil landscapes
    very inspiring work Tom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude... some beautiful enviros my friend. Especially like the third "remix" at the top bro. Me likey : )

NYSA grand national champion yogurt slinger - 1874-2061

---------------
    My Sketch Book

Portfolio

Fundamentals of Form - Educational Download

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as usual awesome dude!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    showoff
    hey how come my name is the only one not in bold????

Last edited by bumskee; October 9th, 2007 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last sketches are looking great. I really like your environment sketches with green plants in it. Your technique looks very good.

Best,

Chris

My SKETCHBOOK!
    My Deviantart!

I'm working at:
    www.McPeppergames.com

My creator-owned comic... now available as a FREE digital download:
    MAYA thread here at conceptart.org
    MAYA website

Facebook
    LinkedIn
    TWITTER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    always glad to help
    esp you because you are such a nice person and such a skilled artist

did a little PO
    I esp focused on showing the facial forms to give it a more realistic look without loosing the stylised feel
    Name:  franks-1.jpg
Views: 4327
Size:  162.5 KB
    most important changes are:
    - form of the nose (obviously)
    by creating soft but existing edges to show where the 3 mainplanes are, the 2 lightsources made that quite easy
    - eye lid and the concave forms surrounding the eye got a little touch up, notice that the lid creates 2 fold when opened, this can be stlised and overdrawn
    -lighting of the neck, so much light and such a dark and flat neck?
    ... a couple of other changes too but that's why I copied the original for you to search them

yours Infinit

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool thanks a lot man. I'll have a loot at M@'s and barontieri's brushes as well (if i can find them). thanks a lot man and amazing demo's.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey idiot your enviros are damn nice... it seems so easy for you to make it... grrrr... some of them reminds me some places in southeast asia... you've been there or what? anyway, keep them comming!

Last edited by alyssa milano; October 9th, 2007 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude.... wow.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy Shit! I'm gone for like 7 months and come back and Holy SHIT. How the @*)#@ did you improve so much in so little time. Props to you man cause your fantastic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tasty update as usual.I dig the fact you put some interasting links in your updates, makes it much more interesting than the average SB.Those demos make me wanna try, so i try, then frustration arises and i feel like smashing my monitor.But thanks, anyway
    And erm...other expenses are making going to the WS impossible.So i might see ya at the next one...at elast i hope so

ciau!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The first two new ones are splendid. Dude, I don't know still. I have to flip a coin to figure out which to do first. Get a Mac or "waste" my money on a workshop. What do I get free there? Free Wacom tablets? Free girlfriends? Free food? At least if I get the Mac I get another free girlfriend.

Are there free pandas at the CA convention? I need painkillers! OW!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ahhhh you !
    It is you !

thanks for the heerez vidioz !

Mark Bot is offline full of gears and wires Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man those updates are sick. I always enjoy your videos and links, puts a lot more life into your sketchbook than just showing drawings and nothing else. Your brushwork is awesome as always.

keep on rockin it!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man thats soo fukin hot !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    F...i love this thread..love the sumi stuff and oils, love the process vids. Stuff is very inspirational. Think I'll stop by the digital ps painting thread as well since I'm trying to teach myself how to use it right now...Thanks for everything!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes! Great stuff man! The ink/ digital combos look brilliant. I really like the feel and some of the detail in this.

Cheers Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tom,
    those first two, especially the guy in the boat, are really sweet.
    Good as well to see you playing around with the ink.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yah I'd like to chill in seattle. Had a killer time at the montreal workshop. sure wish they would get a site up and make an official announcement to get ppl started rooming n shit. basically as soon as i have tickets and a bed in the hostel that everyone is gonna be at im in.

i love those remix'. they look like the same painting... but there not!

and watching those utube vids is still like being at a david copperfield show.
    actually ill take that one back... more like a david blaine magic trick, coz this is the street yo. ( metaphoring ca.org as compared to a workshop.... the workshop is like a david copperfield preformance in vegas.... watever, I just killed it )

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the sumi paintings to digital are amazing! especially the red tones. awesome stuff in here. Can't wait to watch those videos, the enviro's are sick

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work, I think the remix approach is very interesting. I really appreciate the videos, they are fascinating to watch and try to learn from. (ace taste in music, too!)

ART BLOG

"Admitting that free man may err, in no way invalidates the importance of his ability to decide for himself."
    Robert LeFevre

"laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Cesare Beccaria

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for such wonderful work imo. Im about to check your vids out to see what i can adsorb from em' .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your landscapes very inspiring stuff!!! I would like to see more cityscapes i know you have done some just would like to see more . I'm working on a landscape piece now would love for you to look at it. http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...t=61821&page=9

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, you use way too many emoticons when replying man...There's like 50 in that damn reply. Yeah man, I need a phuckin job though otherwise Seattle is out of the question. I've been busting my ass on these COWs and drawing in my SB to try and gain 5 lvls before the WS so I can have something to show everyone there. I'm surprised you didn't call me a cow or monkeynut. That's surprising.

Nice enviros as usual, but I think I'm ready to see more of your figures. You were doing awesome on those. See ya around the way....hobag

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 46