Sketchbook: Gnoll's Stuff *UPDATE 01/10* - Page 52
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3255
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lmao the shortest guy in the second one!!!!!!! and very nice that harley!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great update man! Like the last sketches. The short guy and companion have a lot of character to them. Watch out for anatomy issues, like in the girl with the sword, her left leg looks way smaller and think about the balance of the figures for more credible poses. Nevertheless, kudos in attempting and practicing characters posers. So far your character and creature designs looks very interesting. Keep sharing!

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @mitrandil20: thanks man!

@Call0ps: hehe thanks, will do

@spazazo: i'll see what i can do 'bout that

@Camara: thanks Camara

@SirGreenSock: long time since you last visit, thanks

@Dan Valkar: thanks, will do

@themissinglink: thanks...i understand what you're saying about hands, will keep that in mind

@DanielC: thanks Dan

@Mr.Delicious: cool to see you here man, thanks

@monstertree: thanks! ...about color...

@mitrandil20: thanks again

@armaldon: thanks man, yep guess i exaggerated a bi too much on that one lol

ok guys, just a lil' update.Please check out the previous update and tell me wich one you people think i should try n color, i dunno wich one to choose lol

ciao

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by TheGnoll; August 24th, 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Maestro Andres is offline It's just a nickname, still too far from being one... Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, I don't get to what post you refer, but the design of the alien warrior on the right of your last post (the one in black), looks great and all with all the chains. I would definitively detailed and color that one. Though, his right shoulder looks wider than the right

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahahah, look at the fish robot. Great

some cool designs here as well, thanks for sharing

my blog
    my thread

Follow me @atomoso

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, nephew . Every time I see your avatar, I want to put my fingers through this soft fur of yours and pull it slightly and twist it and rub it and take a little lock as a souvenir from Italy with me .
    I'm glad to see last updates, you are drawing in my favorite manner in you... not thinking much... and those drawings look great.
    July 29, August22 and yesterday's are very enjoyable. Those light dancing pencils create delightful mood on its own. August 22 is the best IMO. Especially the mad gnome sketch and the lemur and the bird skeleton. On the striped cat the speed dropped down a bit and it looks much more calmer because of that, despite the active pose .
    Your women look a bit fearful still, not very appealing. They are in general rare visitors on your pages...Erotic scenes for example are erotic not because the women are sexy, but because of certain gestures imprinted in our mind. that's something to think for you maybe.

Colors... yeah... how to say this mildly?...spooky... extremely badly thought out, random... I don't know why, it seems that you do a great job being gentle with gray or earthy colors... well the rest palette is actually the same,,, you keep the values consistent and add some new hue. Maybe you should just draw everything in gray and try to add layers with different modes on the top and see if you will catch how the colors behave near each other or what place they take relating to value.

About the study of value on the ball:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1185741399 Well I would say the ball looks like it is cut out and glued to new BG. Because of the outline, it is too sharp and crispy surrounded by this white BG. You need to make the outlines milder, softer and blend them a bit with the rest of the picture.
    I would probably vote for more contrast in terminator and in the cast shadow. Shadows from the ball on the floor actually consist of two shadows his own and drooped shadow right under the object... just look at some object around you... shadow under it is much darker and getting lighter and diffused with a distance... yours is too even.

More about shadow... with light source in your picture slightly on the side, not strictly parallel to the wall, the shadow from this ball will be slightly inclined to the direction of the wall as well, not parallel like it is now in your picture... and it will be longer. Put straight lines from the same angle as your light coming, touching the upper point of the ball and lead it to the floor...that where your shadow will end.

That's all, you are progressing very much, and your hand is getting lighter and smarter with every post . Bye, buddy.

Edit:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1187878508 this one and striped cat would be great colored I think.

Last edited by sve; August 26th, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, that second to last post is sweeeet! the two biker buddies are really nice and the enviro of that poor town thing, bunch of other stuff too.
    do some mother fucking rendering studies though!!!!!! NOW bitch! your lines and character are so good, you owe it to your work to really learn some nice rendering stuff.
    anyway, awesome work man. keep it up and we should oc again soon ya? your back home aye

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo bitch, don't stress too much dude. I am only working this out with the help of my friends. Just gotta do what you do and don't stop. Keep it up mate.. you know what you got to do!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The elf on the dino is sweet, as is the enviro with the kid+hoola-hoop.
    That b&w alien cyborg is awesome too, as are the animal skeleton sketches...
    I'm going to the zoo.

oh, here's my sketchbook.

Also, my website. It would get beat up in a fight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful updates! Animal designs are still shining the most to me. Post #1530 has some fresh looking work from you, I especially like the enviro and coloured robot. To learn how to avoid monochromatic colourings and still make them look good, I think reference painting's the only way. I'd like to see what your desk looks like or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @armaldon: thanks hehe, i woudn't say its a nice design, its just the usual bad guy in a scapesiut...but thanks i wanna try that technique some more

@atmos: i was hoping someone would notice that, its one of my favourites thanks for the visit

@sve: hello Sve! its great to see you stop by so weird, as usual its the ones i do without thinking that you like most...pity, i wanted the big cat to pop out for speed n rage...oh well, gotta try n control my lines women...you are right...i woudn't even mention those old scenes, but you're right saying that womena re rarely seen here...maybe its because i don't wanna show you i do pratcice drawing them regularly, but the still don't look right...give me some more time and about colors...i know, i know.I must admit i can't even start studying them, i still just randomly play with 'em, once in a while...lets hope the new school will motivate me more in that direction thanks for the precise comments on the ball exercise lovely to see ya around, hope you'll stop by again soon ciao!

@Kronos: yo Tom, long time since our last chat...contact me when you're online man and you are so damn right about that rendering.Give me time man, i gotta improve so many bloody things at the same time its kinda hard keeping up lol...and you know what summers like...ya know...slacking

@aph: thanks man, hope you're right.I kinda think i know what i'm doing.I think.It takes so much time, and lazyness is always behind the corner...

@Discoskull: hey Disco, long time no see you should definately go to the zoo lol, i went there on my UK visit too...no skething, but actually trying to understand what under all the fur n fat can actually help

@smuli: you are right man, as usual.Glad you liked the update..and you wanna see my desk? you mean...a picture of it? its a bloody mess lol

ok peeps, just a lil' update, wasn't at home during the weekend

ciao!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!How many lines are there????Really love that rendering in the last one!The fish robot is kicking ass,man!!!Hahahaaa!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 906 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to see some more color variance in your color work. Don't just stick to green-darkgreen-light green. Try like dark green-gray for the shadow and then angle up and to the right for the brighter green in the color spectrum... thing... in photoshop. Sorry I'm so bad at explaining this, but i'm not good enough at coloring to post a tutorial. Anyways, I hope you get what i'm saying. Nice work I'm seein recently.

'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGnoll View Post

women are rarely seen here...maybe its because i don't wanna show you
    ciao!
    As King of Darkness ( demon) said once: I saw women with cloth on, without cloth on and even without their skin . I doubt we will discover America here.
    I wanna see your women . it will bring some excitement in my daily routine .

Well, inks as main dish today... I'm sure you understand much more in inks than me, you grew up on comics... I just recently discovered them. I just say I don't understand what is good in them... really... dead, emotionless, cold medium. Pen with almost finished ink in it is so much more expressive. Look at those... all lines are evenly distributed like ropes made on factory.
    Well anyway... I would say that your monster has a strange weight distribution. He will fall back immediately after I shift my eyes from him... right now I am making extra efforts to keep him straight mentally.
    The things is that in a human figure when we shift our shoulders back like this we immediately do the opposite movement, thrusting our pelvis forward. father from our feet.... so the center of our weight will be in the middle between the center of our neck and the center of our pelvic: We behave like scales... even up weight our upper body and weight of the rest. You can see weight lifters doing the same...

And I wanted to ask where is the fish robot? I feel frustrated I seem to can't find him... And all people see him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    even u won´t admit , but u have been doing your´re homework , really like all the sketches of yours as always, and he u laready made an experiment with this digi ink looks good. as for colours... why not try to do a wash , with big brushes difrent colours firs t, than do start a rendering a painting toatally in green.
    was a nice chat with you bro

PRAAYYYYY for FREEEDOM! rofl rofl

i´m quite tired atm . but next time i try to give you some better crits.

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy cow what have I been missing? I'm liking the scenes and perspectives on the last page, it really makes your designs more engaging. #1530 was an especially good update. And as always your creatures are solid. Keep it up man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great updates gnoll. Looking good...this is a big big book now. :-) Your linky drops you in a page 20..It is great to see the massive improvements as you jump through the pages!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketches ... i like a loot the last one ... you made a very complex and textured armuor very nice dude ... keep the stuff coming

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grande Ryan! From my last visit you did some nice works! I like this page and your digital exsercize.
    Stai facendo dei progressi notevoli bravissimo ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff man!
    rely like that black and white robot character.
    keep working on those digitals, and do some color studies or something of skin. to get some color variation in there also color and grayscaled colors doesnt work as well as just colors or all grayscale. even if its a light value try changing it to light tint of another color. not just put white for example..

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SWEETTTTTTTTTT
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1185741216
    I like the fish head too... would you mind if I try to paint over this lines?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1187878615
    I just thought that getting a good glass surface on that one would be a fun
    challenge

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ryan! Hope the UK vacations went well, I'm ending my own here as well. Dig the last updates, the digis are already looking better man The green knife wielder is looking tight. Time to get productive again, ciao!

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Camara: hehe cool man, thanks

@Mr.Delicious: thanks man, still a lot to learn...actually, i still have to start with color

@sve: honestly, they are no good argh, you're right on the balane issue, seems like a common mistake in my sketches...i'll see about that.About the inks, well, i still got loads to learn about line weight n stuff...that will come with time n practice, i guess.Comics are very interesting matter, if you want i can suggest you a few interesting ones reposted the fishbot here

@GOBLINSHARK: thanks brother, cool chatting with ya as usual

@nilaffle: thank you! i'm slacking a lot these days, but i'll try

@spudstudios: thanks man! glad someone sees some improvement hehe...this "big book" lacks variety imho

@m0uS3r: thanks man

@Dreamworker: grazie Paolo dobbiamo ribeccarci su msn!

@frostsnake: you're right man, thanks for the good advice...jeez i suck with color

@maxetormer: hey mexicano, great to see ya stop by you wanna color those lines? sure!

@Sirio Brozzi: hey Sirio yepz, uk holidays went really well."Time to get productive again"...so true man, so true

ok people.This is a LAME update.Truth is i'm gonna start college soon, so i'm taking full advantage of the remaining holidays...studying a bit of comic hystory, art history and...well, doin' things people my age do.
    Just some lame sketches for today, more stuff soon

ciao!

Last edited by TheGnoll; September 9th, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff ryan, the last alien and the one in the previous post have pretty cool lines.
    Have fun in college !!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    swamp thing turned out really good

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    value studies!

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @DanielC: thanks Dan

@Carnifex: cool man, thanks.

@Kronos: LOL i hate you Tom

ok peepz, update with thing i woudn't normally show, my crappy digital doodles, my crappy chicks and a mummy, with crappy colors.I could say it all looks much better in real life but...meh.

ciao!

Last edited by TheGnoll; September 16th, 2007 at 03:23 PM.

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these updates are pretty sweet man, that mummy is sick. you should really take one of these sketches and turn it into a finished illustration sometime. keep it up.

My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work ryan !!!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i like the mummy. i'm not sure if he wouldn't topple over,but i really like the strong shadow in the back,leaves the impression of torches very nicely.
    check by my book again sometime!

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 52