Thread: Wacom tablet

Thanks

Wacom tablet

i really want to try this product out, an intous 3 for painter 9, or graphire. My question is about how it works, if i draw would i need to change the opacity for different values or lightness in a brush or will the presure in the tablet do that for me? And also how good is it? The graphire compared to the intous 3? Is the feeling relaxed and smooth or not?

i can either get a latest graphire or a 6 by 8 intous.

The previews for this tablet look good, and i also want to move into painting on the computer and such. So my question, what to get? An intous or graphire?

And i am also getting into z brush (demo sadly) and i want to know if the wacom tablet works for this. I saw on the Wacom site that a cintqu does 3d graphics, but i cant get a cintqu, so does the graphire or intous work for Zbrush?

thanks in advance

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Goto your local computer store and try them out.

The graphire is more economical, while the intuos has higher sensitivity. If you draw with your whole arm, get the big size, if you draw with your wrist resting on on the paper, get a smaller one.

Really, the only way you will know which is best for you is to go try them out. I have a graphire and love it.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    hmm, i should have added this in my frist post, i checked every store in atleast 2 cities. And i found none, all the apple stores also recently refurnished their store and dont have the prewiew anymore. So this was the last place i came to to ask about the tablet.

i guess the size matters on your style.

Well, what about the memory and such, is it compatable or will is get glitchy at times and make thewrong strokes?? Or will it lag sometimes?

Thanks
    The wacom should not be the cause of lagging, that is more an issue of the program and RAM usage. Photoshop skips when i do large fast strokes, but painter doesnt. Same system and all. As far as acting weird and doing the wrong strokes...never happened to me, nor have i ever heard of it happening. Install the drivers that come with it and it will work perfectly.
    My work: [link]