New stuff (Update 25/11/05 )

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

As some of you might noticed, i am trying to update my portfolio, i asked arounf in the finished seccion and they said i lack variety, to many monsters.

So here are 3 of the 8 pieces im planning to finish by this Friday.

Please, i really need help , i could use a decent job for the cirscuntances im going to be in from January ( if you have advices about web hosting for portfolios, please give me a PM, any information will help me becuase i go to this hosting sites and i dont know what they are talking about...XD)

Bad guy:

portrait:

Guy with weird frogs in a cellar:
    (does this one look to red? maybe is my screen....because in the other pc i removed most of the color saturation )

Thank you very much for any help and for your time.

Last edited by Shamagim; November 25th, 2005 at 01:09 AM. Reason: title/ update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    re last pic
    yeah it is too red on his face and chest and the floor behind him.
    Maybe tone down the eyes on the frogs underneath. We still need to see them but right now they are too much.
    He's missing a toe (minor) but I think that , although foreshortened, that his upper right leg should be a bit longer.

Great expression on the face.

I'm unsure what he and the frog are doing with that stick in his right hand. Try and make whatever is happening more clear or just lose the stick.

Cute girl, not sure if you are going for a stylistic thing or not but if you want more realistic the features need to be placed higher up on her face.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks, ill try fixing the colors, the foreshortening and the frog/drunk interaction.

As for the girl, i was making her from reference, then i just cutted most of the chin to make her look more "elvish", then kept on editing som other stuff like the hair and forehead....(i hope is not to weird like System of a Down´s "aerials" video )

Thank you for your support .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Udate in 2 of the 3 pics there, and one new.

Still havent fixed the frogs, but at least i think i got the color right ( and the foreshortenight and missing toe)

As for the other guy, i made a hight contrast version, hopefully to get what i pretended to ( but still unsure about the results)

And a new piece:

I hope im getting the colors better now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a lot of energy in these pieces and I like their compositional flow. But, you don't want to hear what I like, so I'll run down a list of things that I don't feel work as well.
    Portrait:
    -Her eyes may be a tad far apart, but more importantly, there's a huge amount of nose bridge that slopes down toward them. Check out some reference and you'll see what I mean.
    -The nostrils point at us; it's eerie, becuase they follow you all over the room. In fact, the whole bottom of the nose could use some work.

Redone Cellar Guy:
    -None of his hands or feet are large enough.
    -The fat belly isn't reading right (too many folds, not enough volume)
    -I don't agree that there was too much red in the face (some complexions are redder than others).
    -The dots don't say "frog's eyes" to me. With the more realistic look, they are too cartoony.

Redone Bad Guy:
    -The hands are killing me, especially his left one. The fingers appear to be the same lenght and there is no meat to them. The armor on the other just makes little sense (so many flaps per finger segment).
    -The blade and handle do not align.
    -There seems to be very strong light from high and right, but no cast shadow from the arm on the chest, as there appears one should be.
    -I'm having trouble reconciling why one pauldron is so close to the center (our right) and the other is so far away, especially with the pose he's in.

Water Guy:
    -I'm digging him, but the pose of the troll(?) isn't very believable. His hands trailing out of frame is especially disconcerting.
    -The foreshortening of the guy's hand could use a little work. Check out your own hand in this position to see what I mean.

Fun Stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dogfood, im on it ... ( the "bad guy" ended up being a train wreck....dont think is wort fixing... better if i start him all over again )

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, how about now ?

:

I think im going to ditch the bad guy, and use that time to make some balc and white pics. ( i realize is sometimes required for some companies)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.