Art: hero character design

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hero character design

I did this for a friend. Its not what he was looking for but it was good practice... Lately, I have been working to improve my character designs. It was drawn and painted in about 3 hours in photoshop.

hero character design

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Its good, but...

The lower left arm (his rightone) looks broken at the elbow and twisted, as does the lower leg on the same side. I like your shading and detail, though, very appealing. The feet also seem to have no solid borders, too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some really nice things going on here, especially in the clothing & overall costume design.
    OK - now that the kindness is out of the way let's talk:
    a.Check his right arm. It was the first thing that I saw...it looks like someone twisted it like a twizzler. You seem like you really want to improve on your characters...the first and most important step is anatomy. Study it. Treat it like sex - do it hard & frequently.
    b. his posture looks very unhealthy. Like he is suffering from some painful ailment which pushes his abdomen forward.
    c. Why is his left hand pointing down...Oh. I see...to show us how you rushed his feet! Compared to the rest of the figure, they seem like they were rushed - and small.
    d. What's with the earrings ?

I don't mean to sound harsh at all. I definetely think you have potential, but there are just some basic fundamentals that we all need to learn. It's not just you. I honestly feel if you take one step at a time...the first step being Anatomy...you will get on the right track. It can be very overwhelming at first, but just take your time and keep working. Do a search for anatomy book here...100 posts will pop up (at least). Good luck!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is quite nifty. i some what agree with the afformentioned (spelling?) suggestions though. you may want to do a search, but something that is easily accessible is http://www.saveloomis.org. there are many many references there. overall, nice attention to some details, it is quite the party. keep up the awesome!

I'm Burning A Hole In Your Mind...

Criticism Encouraged

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks very much for your comments!!! I have done mucho research on anatomy though. I have dozens of reference. But I did make the major mistake of having his wrist face the wrong direction! I'm glad you pointed that out because it reminds me to pay more attention to it! I actually am pretty disapointed in myself. but at my work the are offering free figure drawing classes that I will attend and hopefully build more on that skill. I can see how my pose looks kinda retarded, I know I need to work on more natural poses the body will sit. and I realize I rushed some areas. and I dunno the earings seemed like a good idea at the time.... lol.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.