Sketchbook: 100% Truth! Critic Please! >= D

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 100% Truth! Critic Please! >= D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

100% Truth! Critic Please! >= D

(LAST UPDATED: 12/27/06)

Hi, 2sek here! I am a newbie artist trying to become a pro! hehe >= D
    Please help me become one! Fill this thread with hard true critics! Show me all of your techniques! Point me the way toward success!
    That is all I ask for!! I will work very hard to improve and your help will be very much apreciated!
    Thank you Oh~ Great~ Teachers~~!

QUESTIONS-IN-MIND
    Here's some questions I have in mind. Please share your wisdom with me!

Currently there are no questions.

NOTE-BOOK
    This notebook contains everything I've learned from my viewers' constructive criticism on my sketchbook! It also contain other useful goodies too! VERY EDUCATIONAL~~ >= D

#1 Draw all kinds of things, try all kinds of styles, and practice all kinds techniques!
    Art has so many categories, styles, and ..stuff to it. I can't just get myself stuck with one thing. I must study them all and make use of what I've learned from each of them!

#2 Lines~~
    I should think about how my lines will look like, before drawing them. By always thinking about those lines beforehand, I will have a cleaner drawing with less unneccessary mistakes. LESS MESSY! WOOT! I should practice using lines to define shape or add depth!

#3 Use of simple shapes!
    So.. I should construct what I am about to draw in simple shapes first. This will help me make a more accurate, and less messy drawing. Makes things easier to draw aswell!

That's all for now! Thank you very much teachers/viewers/crtics! Please teach me more!

here's all my sketches and drawings. Please comment and critic! thank you!

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by 2sek; February 13th, 2007 at 03:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start! The skulls and the anatomy study look great. You should work more on your line quality. Learn how lines difine shapes; think about which lines to draw... And practice a lot; that's the advice that goes for everyone. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice skull side view! And good to see you're practicing the underlying structures in addition to the manga (though maybe it'd be good to remember draw unstylized figures otherwise too every now and then). A couple of problems that caught my eye:
    -try to eliminate the construction errors by sketching the figures as simple forms first.
    -As Bartovan adviced, the line quality could be improved. An excercise that worked for me was sketching something organic without raising the tip of your pencil (with marker this could be even more effective because the sketch gets messy faster)

Strong start though, keep them coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey hey~! Finally viewers with contructives critics!
    Thank you! smuli and Bartrovan!!! >= D
    I totally understand what you guys are saying! Your critics are very very educational~~!! YES!!! muahaha!

Hehe~ I am going to draw more today using your advices. Please come back and give more comments! Come back often!~~ >= D

Now i will contruct a notebook on the top to share everyone's wisdom and help me organize my thread!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, not bad, I really like the skulls and muscle studies, and a few of the anime type things as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you! drd! kind words! kind words!
    Glad you like anime too.

But please don't misunderstand me though, whoever is viewing my thread! >= D

I want to study all kinds of art, not just anime! My goal is to be able to construct my ideas into beautiful drawings. I want to draw the images in my mind onto paper and share them! and I am willing to try anything.
    So please help me, oh~ great~ teachers~! >= D

Today I did a sketch for a friend, a sketch for a character in her story. She seems content, and the character seems to resemble what she had in mind. This is an anime ish drawing btw. I tried to think of the lines before ploting them down on my tablet. It's not too clean, but I didn't need to erace much and I found more confindence in my lines. But I should think more about line weight now.

Here it is. Please critic, my teachers! Give me 100% truth about how you feel and what you think i should to do improve! I will take them like a real artist! >= D
    Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's some different things from me today. The way I drew them is different from what I usually do. I used a big brush and filled the shape and moded out the picture then I add in little details using smaller brush. Please critic and teach me more about this way of drawing. What kind of brush should I use? >= D thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey you.

I find it really admirable that you draw anime and want to experiment with different styles, that's you're not just grounded in ANIME.

What I'd like to see, though, is more realistic facial studies. While it may be true that you don't just want to stick to anime, it's evident in your realism study (though i could be wrong; I can only gauge this from the ONE you've posted ) that you're very used to drawing anime, not so much realism - i.e. the lips look underdeveloped, the eyes need some work, cheekbones are weird etc.

The key to getting better is to draw 'till your fingers bleed, then draw sommore.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to CGing, but I think the general consensus is to start with a big brush for blocking in all your colour, and work your way down to a small brush for details.

Hope this helps.
    -N

As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't really help you with the coloring as I'm total beginner myself. I guess since you're taking the approach of using big brushes followed by smaller brushes, you probably ought to focus more on the contrast/lighting and avoid drawing outlines. So I would say what you're doing with the hand on the right is more likely on the right track, where the face and the aircraft(?) at the left look as if you've jumped from a big brush to a much smaller brush straight away.

Just my two cents.

Also I really like your second picture with the skull. Did you use a computer for the touch-ups?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes! First, I would like to thank you guys for taking the time to give me advices! All of your comments are really helpful and I appreciate them very much! Please come back to help me more bunny and JERI.

I will draw more and work on those areas you guys pointed out. Like blocking colors and studying more realism.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woot, my Chrismas is finally here. I think I will use this time to draw and try to improve.This is the drawing that I did just a while ago. I am not that good with color, and this drawing is for me to get more familiar with coloring and skin tone. As always, if you have any critics and suggestions, please bust them out. They are very important for my growing as an artist and I will appreciate them very much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that skull looks awesome. keep up with the life studies, I'd like to see more.
    much too tired right now to say anything else.
    looking good though. keep it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.