Sketchbook: Squareyard - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Squareyard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your color work is getting better and better and is a real joy to look at, they are quick and capture the expression well. I like the top two sketches of the girls, although their faces seem a bit wide; I don't see this as a problem, though, because it adds to the personality of them, I think. The tour guide portrait is great, he kind of looks like someone from the 1600's that has had a bit too much to drink.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry...am in a rush.
    Will respond tomorrow. (Thanks for the replies though)

Ugly update this time anyways. Have merely been messing with my inks at work today.

sub

(leftovers from greece, finished today)

at work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow blacky, thanks for the huge updates!!! great work, sorry... no crits! love the expirementation with different media! here's a sentence that doesn't end with an exclamation point.

ROCK ON! (SUBSCRIBED!)

j

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on so many inks, real dedication, also subscribing.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, blacky, how are you doing?
    I like the second and the third images.
    The guy sitting near the fire with a guitar is very beautiful painting, I think. The illusion of a night is great, and the fire sparks, and the noises they make when they jump form the center, and even the quiet song the guy sings. Amazing really how you transfer this through the painting. But I got these thoughts, I hope they are yours. And what it amazing too that your night is not that black, it's brown/ orange/ yellow actually, but nevertheless it's a night, velvet soft night with its sounds and wind and forest smells. So cool. So I like this image very much. it's a top notch of expressionism .
    And I like the white cats, they look cozy and i like the composition and the wise expression of one the the cat.
    See you, hope everything is going in a right direction with you.
    Sveta

Last edited by sve; April 8th, 2006 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Replies and some tiny update.

sve- thanks a lot for your visits and kind sencere and helpful lines you're cosistantly are granting to me. Recently I've been having some sort of artistic depression or sth. few of what I do looks as good as I might tacke it to, and I all too often don't care. It' some sort of lazyness whose only good is, that it might eventually make me work a lot some time later to make up for all that I had missed. So, if you're saying that some things you didn't like all too much about recent updates, then you're right bout that for sure, cuz I don't like most of what I've posted recently eather, except for the stuff I had done in Greece because it was a great trip and I had felt comfortable there.
    I ought actually say that I although I have been posting some alright stuff recently and hopefully will do samewise tomorrow, there's lots of stuff that would turn out like crap. (Same as most part of last update). Some days ago I did couple of things, so bad, people would never believe they where mine...
    I'm glad nevertheless, that you liked so many things I had done in greece (cats and "Sasha at fireplace", are from there too.)
    Your words are very encouraging. And don't worry, I might be over the hill already. Have been to lifedrawing on thurstday and a friend told me I'd have achieved a breakthrough on two pics I had done there.
    One more word about "Sasha at fireplace"... I like it too, but it lacks depth still. those white dots on the right where ment to be lights of a distant village.... anyways...so long...

pennington-you're always more than welcome. thanks for the crit and for the ecouraging words

madplanet-the faces of the girls turned out wide cuz they are Russian girls thanks for dropping by, our tourguide slept for 19h through or so as soon as he got home. I offered that scetch of him to him as a gift cuz he loved it so much. He was even kidding about getting it mounted over his future tumbstone....

guggenmaneuver- I've gotta thank you joe for having a peek once again. Glad to hear you're liking my updates. Will hopefully update some better stuff tomorrow though, cuz I don't like what I did after Greece trip. (If you see anything good here, it mostlikely was done in Greece) ....later

Asoir- rather boredom than dedication, but your comment flaters me nevertheless. Thanks for dropping by.

tiniest update ever, + some highlight pics from Greece

am utmost left guy, acropolis
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/duuuu/aphina.jpg
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ulenladies.jpg

corinth
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...uu/corinth.jpg
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...u/corinth2.jpg

we ate lots of oranges there
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...uu/oranges.jpg

mycene
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/duuuu/mycene.jpg

me at sea, drawing
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2.../medrawing.jpg
    -------------------------------------------------------------

moving

vivien

doggy in sub....scared....

Last edited by blacky; April 8th, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update...

good movement on the fight scene, and your color pallette is so sophisticated. between you and that dastardly pencil-smelling sirgreensock character from canada i'm really thinking about getting going on some watercolor studies. you guys rock it.

anyways, one crit that i have on this one is that her face seems a little bit skewed / distorted. good rendering of form though... and the dog drawing is really cool.

multiple photobucket accounts--->genius! The group all thinks silently, and in unison: "WHAT THE CRAP IS BLACKY DOING?!?!?!?!?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Blacky . Yeah, depressions, it's a payment for being in Greece probably. You know, the feeling of being empty when you just lived your life on full capacity. That;s why many people live their lives small, economically spending their emotions. Well cheer up, buddy. you will see more of the world and you will become a Master in what you do, I'm strongly believe in it .
    Thank you so much for all the pictures, I was very happy when observing them. So great, these old stones, orange trees and you, people, it's a pure pleasure to look. I was in Florida last summer and wanted to see oranges on trees so much. We got lost driving around, but still I didn't see even one tree. And Florida has an orange on the car's license plate. So thanks for your photo double.

These old steps with grass growing through them are so tasty. I wish you painted them. Cool logo for Greece, don't you think? In philosophical sense too, right?

Your new update is very beautiful, I love everything in it. Especially the first and third, but the portrait is lovely too, the delicate mood of the girl is very nice, quiet and touching. Her not having an eye contact and low intensity colors are the main reason of the quietness, I think. And you are still having a cold weather, buddy, I think. The hair lock on her forehead and carelessly wrapped scarf are very nice touches to character. The only note that you are probably painted from some angle, and everything is slanted a bit.

I love the drawing of the dog, In sub??? How could you draw a moving object that fast . I'm shaking my head. The form is so right, the foreshortening with this look from above is awesome, Wonderful!! I just love it so much.
    OK, looked one more time. It would be better, I think if you did its shoulder as prominent, as protruded as you did its little head. It would add to the illusion of looking from above. But anyway, I really love to look at this drawing, the same way as your dog laying on tiles.

The same goes to Movers. They are just great. Never will say anything bad about them, because in my opinion the feeling of movements, tense of their muscles and everyday's life is overwhelming. I love colors and shapes and composition in it. You know when I draw something nice one day which you will like, I would love to trade with you, maybe. Well. I 'm no good. Don't do any trading out of pity with me, I don't like it.

See you, buddy. Thanks for being nice to me.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guggen-fightscene? what fightscene?.....you ment moving/ scene right? It's an asighnement I'll have to redo till Wendsday, cuz teacher said it was too simple and non-original......ghhhmmkph....he's right, but you thinking it to be a fightscene cheered me up a bit. You definately ought give watercolours a chance. I cheated on that last picture though, mixed em with sepia-ink to máke some colours look darker . Can't find my delyxe set of watercolours. (and I had 2 35$-brushes in there....holy ****)
    That one portrait's sort of messed up I know, at least I could keep it cuz she wouldn't like it eather.lol
    Today I arranged to meet up with some girl to portray her in acrylics on canvas. The canvas had been layered in dark blue in beforehand, and when I was al ready to start, I noticed that I had no white along......that sucked. I had to chop a whiteoutpen in half to have at least some white and make some sort of picture. Too bad that the stuff smelled as hell and I'd be having headaches for the rest of the day. Nedless to say the picture turned out like complete bull......
    Your comment bout that one photo made me crack up as hell, thanks.

sve-ohmg, so much text....and I rellied on your heavy hand symdrome and posted that tiny update yesterday, so I could tacke it easy today
    't was great pleasure to read through it but I'm having headaches from the whiteoutstuff that I used for making a portrait today (realized I had no white acrylics along, so I choped a liquorbased-whiteoutpen in half and tried to paint with it on prepainted dark canvas.....it was horrible) I'll write a propper reply as soon as possible. So long....

katja

lifedrawings
    10 min:

under 2 min:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stuff's looking solid! last 4 peices are great...2 mins! very good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, hey, Blacky! Great pictures from Greece, I'm glad you posted them. They were inspiring to just look at, I can just imagine what it was like to wander around all those ruins (well, not imagine, I've done, just not in Greece). The one picture of you on the beach is cool in that there is one cloud right in line with where you are sitting, like it was directly above your head. The artist and his cloud.

The portrait of Vivien is nice, although her head is slanted a bit, but I don't see this as a bad thing, it works well I think. It (she) has personality. Good dog sketch, with his ears back he kind of reminds me of that old Memorex commercial (I've just dated myself!). On the life drawings, I know that they are from you, but they seem different in a way. Maybe it's the heavy conte outline. The top two are the best of the bunch, I'd say. Good stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡‡ BoneHead Group Leader ‡‡‡‡‡

Its alright normal people scare me anyway! LOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Am back again, have been to London 'twas awesame (4 days). Haven't seen any of the sights cuz I spent all my time eather at museums or at nightclubs
    Means I didn't even get around drawing anything there

sve- I did actually paint some ruins with some gras growing through em, am posting one of these now. Some others have yet to be finished.
    I wasn't really happy with how symmetry, volume and proportions turned out on that girls portrait and you're also right on us having cold weather still on....sucks.....even in London its way warmer 8(.
    The decision to draw this one dag was quite spontanious and I also am happy with the way it turned out, went over with some eraser ontop to get more linevaryation going on. You're right about flatness of shoulder part though. Thanks for noticing. Was concerned with his head and ears that were moving wildly as the doggy was real scared of driving sub, so I wanted to nail it down.
    I'm amazed you liked my movers scene so much, wouldn't mind trading it with you at all, a charcoal childportrait (with squinted eyes) or something would be real nice, cuz I think you do a fabulous job on these. And my art teacher disliked it, cuz he said it was too simple and that most people would have done sth. similar on subject of movers. He wanted me to be original and so I had to redo it (almost finished). But he wouldn't like latest version either and I'll have to give it another try.....sights...
    Anyways, trading would be cool.......later...

Asoir- Am pleasantly surprised to have you check by so often thanks a lot (damn, have to reply to your sb once again...me lazy bum...)

Bruce- yeah,...posting those pics was the easy way round not to write all that had been going on there. But I'm still wayting for another CD full of pictures to be arrive, so I could make the story complete (In case I get around doing so). I really enjoyed wandering around all of those ruins. Coolest thing in that respect, was to be able to wander around a well preserved Byzantine Castle-city (once 40 000 citizens) allmost all on my at dusk. It was on top of a steep mountain and was so huge I almost got lost there.
    Glad you liked Vivien, you're right though saying I slanted her features a bit. Am stil practicing portraits. (to capture animals seems easier to me )
    I don't think I've seen the Memorex comercial. (mind explaining?)
    I was experimenting on last lifedrawings a bit, havent gone there in quite a while. Nice to hear you liked em. Cheers...

mentler-BoneHead Group Leader? really??? ........ YAY!!!!!

smal update, but at least with some shawable ones amongst em:

stil on from Greece

doodle from imagination

Karen

Katja

lifedrawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang I love that http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...lko/study3.jpg just can hear him speak.. very impressive.
    and of your paintings http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/Smulko/SP.jpg this one is defenetly my fav.. (maybee cuz I have that obsesive love for watercolor and watercolorlooking pictures) the picture also speaks for itself.. pwety monsieur.. keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as usual the sweet stuff.Not concept, but fine arts, i guess.Love some of the gestures, the colors, the varius mediums.But some of the drawings don't look right, they look "stretched" in one direction:" especially the ones in post 147, some of them.
    Keep on working

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one has a real nice mood to it, like the selective linework, too!

Dig the blue ink ones, although the gesture and movement gets lost in a couple of them in the hatching, its a common problem with the medium, always been impressed with the way da vinci treated it.
    The two portraits have a lot of character to them, the lips alone tell a story!Great work there, maybe just tone down the texture in the back of the second one so it doesnt pull attention to itself as much.

Life drawing still life is my fav in this update, love the vase and the way you treated the surface materials.Cloth feels a bit heavy though, could be the high contrast shadows.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, blacky. Yeah, I like the Movers very, very much and it would be great to trade with you, I'm a bit hesitating because of my drawings, not sure they are tradable, but it's not a problem. And the other thing I kind of feel bad to make you spend some money on shipping. Well, But i will be happy to have you artwork and I will send you mine. Need your address.
    I loved your crocodiles and spiders and dog too, but you better never trade them with anyone, keep them. They are gems.

Thank you so much for writing in my thread from London. That's very sweet of you, having all these great things to do in my favorite dream city and writing about my ugliest update ever. Too kind. You are great, Blacky, don't lose your sweet heart on your way up. I believe you will be great artist, well, with a little bit of luck. But really believe your art is wonderful and i think it will be loved. Should be loved already.

About new update and update before.

My the the most favorite are two portraits of Katja. The similarity are not perfect, I don't recognise them as one person, but it's a wonderful portraits, both. Can't tell which one is better. In the first one I like her friendly open glance and cozy pose. Looks like open, sincere person, because of the body language, very inviting to conversation. And I like the use of white, makes the lighting sharp and dramatic, feels like an evening, with an artificial light (sorry you had a bad headache afterwards, be careful with these things, probably bad for you).
    In the second portrait I like the light irony in her eyes, and the colors, these bluish shadows are really nice. Blue is so deep color, has so many meanings in our subconsciousness, don't you think? I like it and the spots of yellow orange and green, very good energetic spots on moody blue.

Looked at my Movers again . I have no idea, but don't you yourself like it? don't you feel this push they make, both, and don't you feel the roundish hand movements of the guy petting the dog? I feel it, that's why I like it, this and colors, and speed of the happening.

I like the portrait of the other woman too, but it is a very different mood, she is almost numb, absent. Her mind is in the beginning of wandering, .
    I like the still life very much for the striking colors. Something is lacking though in composition, Maybe deepness, everything is in foreground, maybe cool colors, maybe the placement of items could be more interesting.

I love the first page, lines are wonderful, the composition is not through, a bit empty on the sides for me. and the front view, with almost no side planes. i wish it was a bit 3d, you know. But I like it very much anyway.
    From imagination, some of the sketches are so great, the guy with a spear, torrero with the bull, the hanging guy, they are great.

So thank you very much, it was a treat.

Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there Blacky! Any time you feel like posting some more Greece photos feel free to do so, I find them interesting and I'm able to live vicariously through them! Greece, now London? You are the little world traveller, aren't ya? I thought that the Memorex commercial might have been a bit old for you to have seen, but it was pretty much an ingrained image in just about everything about 20-25 years ago. i'll have to see if I can find a pic of it.

I'm really liking what you are doing with color lately; there's a lot going on with it in some of your latest, such as the first one (I just like the contrast between the background and the ruins), the portrait of Katja ( the background seems to be echoed in the face, and vise versa) and finally in the still life (the hat, umbrella and vase are nicely done amid a nice composition).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sopor+Aeternus- Thanks man. Your kind words where very much appreciated. The paint you pointed out is an ink and watercolour combo bthw.

The Gnoll- I know what you mean, have a tendency for making heads small and limbs stretched. The upside down gracies on #147 are a stusy from a manierist artist, they did that on purpose. Thanks for your comments.

SirGreenSock- Good critique points. Am blaming my camera though. BG on original dimmed some. Contrasts on second one are lower too. But you're right about heaviness of cloth. Am not too glad about how I managed to do it in generall. I did last 30% of't from Memmory though. Thanks a lot for dropping by.

sve- sve, you're one of those few persons that seem to believe I could make a living from what I'm going to do in future. Thanks a lot for that.
    Likeness of Katja was caught well actually only on right (bright) part of her face on second version. She liked it a lot still. The time I got headaches from whiteoutfluid was a different one, the picture that evolved from that looks horrible and I'll have to redo most parts from memmory.
    I added the blue to her left face side after showing it to my teacher (he advised me to), simply went with blue inkwash over it.
    You capture psychology expressed in pictures very well, that is really impressive.
    Concerning composition....you are absolutely right on about first picture of last update, I'm no expert and hope my teacher (who used to be Proffessor for Composition) could teach me some in that respect. Funny enough, he was the one to assemble last lifedrawing. Perhaps it's the high contrast and distortion of colours due to my poor photography scills, that it appears a bit boring.
    I send of the movers to you, but I had switched your adress with mine because I didn't know what korner each one belonged to and was being send it back. Send it off already again though, so don't worry
    So long...

madplanet-I'll try uploading some new pictures, If I won't manage to do so by tomorrow, then it'l tacke some time though.
    I really do love to travel. Last year I had been to Itally twice (3 weeks overall) and to the Canarian Isles. This summer I am planning to go to Poland for a week or so (celebrating end of scool and such) and I might go to Moskow by the End of the Year. And next march I'll go to Egypt.....well, we lazy Germans have more holidays you know...and I'm tacking all the chances I get to travel and see the world as long as I am still young. Wish I could make it to Montrealworkshop though.
    Thanks for the kind words on last update.

architecture studies:

modigliani inspired:

Simon

Mr. Steue

subwayscetch:

Jazz

lifedrawings
    10-15 min

20min

5min

10-15min

Moving II :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those lifedrawing peieces have a great feel to it and...wow. "moving II" is stunning. excelling...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blacky, this one is really, really nice for 5 minutes. keep up the fantastic work friend. love the architecture studies two... I like seeing your working in this architectural draftsman kind of mode along side the more organic type studies.

more friend, more!

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Architecture stuff is looking tight! Colours are fantastic!

Life drawings are damn lively as always! Watch where you're workin in the focus point on them though, seems a bit frantic on some of these, maybe try making a more conscious effort to where the viewer should be looking.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Andrei. If you are able to show more photos from your trip to Greece I will be very glad to see them, I enjoyed them.
    Wonderful update, I'm so glad to see it. You are so open in your art, amazing really. I think it is a most important thing in art, being open, not hiding anything. Well, at least it's the most enjoyable thing.

My favorite is again the movers, and the most of all the colors, composition and this soft, velvet texture, I don't even understand how you did it. It is a great painting, again love it so much. What strikes me the most is how it effects me. I'm entering in this image and I feel like I'm surrounded with all this cloudy colors and textures. Wonderful dreamy surreal atmosphere in it. The train is streaming somewhere and air balloons slowly moving too. And I love this strange feeling, kind of like a dream, or memory. Air in this painting is like warm soft blanket or coat, wraps around me, relaxes me, lullaby me. Wonderful. I like the landscape, not very detailed , but just enough to create the same soft feeling. And I like the pose of the boy, all work for one united impression. sweet memories, being in a pleasant trans.

I like both jazz drawings. the first one the most for the illusion of sounds a motion around the musician.
    I like the sketch of Simon, he is listening music so privately , like he is hiding from everyone. Like a stork hiding his head in his long feathers. Could it be that birds are suffering from reality too? and need some escape into soft, unwanted sounds removing feathers. . Well, he looks like those birds, and his nose looks like the beak.
    Modigliani inspired painting. I see this artist a bit differently. Honestly, I think he never would've used delightful saturated colors. No, his colors were dark and numb. That was a special purpose to create this silence and out of the mind mood. Everything is static in his portraits, as I see it, almost no life whatsoever. The only sign of life is the inner world of the person and the doors are closed actually, not possible to read his/her thoughts.
    So despite the dead eyes like in his portraits your mood is very different, I think. It's a energetic portrait of young person, I think.
    I like the life drawing/ painting very much, my favorite are last two and the first sketch. although you are a bit careless when drawing faces. it adds to emotion, but steals from truthfulness. Not sure is a bad thing though, but my eye did notice this and it was out of general harmony.
    Well, all the best to you.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up those travels when you can! That's great that you have the opportunity to see so many cool places; you and your art will benefit from it. I like the sponteneity of the architectural sketches; they have character and the one of the flying buttress seems like it could come crashing down at any moment. You did a great job at capturing the pose and attitude in the Simon sketch, very nice. The second jazz sketch really pops out, especially after just viewing the first one. You have a nice touch with colors, even the earth tones, they all have that "Blacky" touch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asoir- Thanks man. Damn Photobucket thought those lifedrawings to be porn and deleted em though....arghhh.... . Hope you like Moving III too.

guggenmanuever- Yea, I liked that 5min thingy too, as I liked the other inkwash lifedrawings, but bloody Photobucket accuses me of being pornographic or sth. which is rediculous to the utmost. Had a lot of exams coming up anyway so I couldn't attend lifedrawing for a while. I hope to continue with the subject of architecture and move to cityscape as it is getting warmer and I'll be able to go out scetch on holidays as I hope.

SirGreenSock- Thanks for the comment. I know what you're talking about. You're doing that at your lifedrawings. It's a fine approach, but I still need to concentrate on whole figure more than on the "interesting" parts. You often leave out legs on yours for example, although some legs that you draw are obviously too short. I guess I still ought leave some parts less developed that add little to the overall impression or that better be not payed attention to as much as to those parts that are in foreground or focus....so...yeah...I guess you made a good point, which I wouldn't like to accept as your short poses in pencil are so damn good....

sve-Thanks for your kind words, I am always astounded on how you can put pictures into lyrics, if I read your comments out loud to a blind guy, I think, he could visualize the picture quite well. It's amazing. Thanks. Concerning Greecepictures.....I'm too lazy, at least throughout this month. Even still have some pictures yet to finishe that I started drawing there. You're absolutely right concirning Modigliany. Was merely fooling around, first one was a SP. Am really mad about the Photobucket acusing me of obscenity issue and that I had to write this edit twice. Later....

madplanet- Hey Bruce, thanks a lot for your C&C. Have to pay more attention to colours still. Am eager to learn more about how colours work. Looks like al my money will be earned to be spent on travels in future, as soon as I'll have saved up enough for an own decent PC (at last, yay! ) that is.

subwayscetches:

Mr Steue:

Miss Shaf (messed up one eye):

Nima, holding a pro-smoking speech (debate):

at icecafe:

doodles:

At the Harbouranniversity (We've got the biggest Harbourfestival in the World (yay)) :

(the bum at the bottom got fetched up by the ambulance shortly after I started the picture, so he's a bit tough to read (he should be alright though))

inkwash

jazz:

Moving III (got finally accepted (assignment)):

Under Rain:

Last edited by blacky; May 14th, 2006 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, that's an incredibly interesting subject regarding the bum, what was wrong with him?

nice stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, blacky . Thank you so much for talking so poetic about my comment to you, hehehe. That's sweet. But I'm not doing it to make a blind person see art. I'm just telling my impression. I really felt this. I'm not word manipulator, poet as it is. I'm honest in my replies, dear friend. Never want to give other person false hopes and play on his feeling. You can be sure. I'm writing what I have in my heart, not even in my mind. it's pure emotions, not anything else. I do try to say it as clearly as I can.

Sorry, about this Photo bucket nonsense. Although their standards make me giggle. So crazy. Which reminds me a conversation of two my girlfriends. One is member of baptist church, relatively fresh believer and the other is an artist with whom we went to a lot of model life drawing sessions. So the believer shocked from the simple fact us liking to draw nudes. So from time to time she tried to push some sense in our heads, asking Olga (she knows it is useless with me) why she doesn't paint landscapes. Olga does paint landscapes and everything else, but she is very independent thinker, so she answers with pride, that because it's fun, and interesting, and human body is beautiful. and I'm falling on floor laughing from all these conversations. Life can be so much fun sometimes.

Update is very strong, thank you so much for it, lightened up my day. Especially the movers. It is precious. And the big resolution really opened my eyes. You know I rarely laugh in a full voice, but i did this time. My, so much fun, this image. Moving, in the most extraordinary way!!! hahhah. love it.
    Those young guys, it is great characteristic of them what they pushed on top of each other into this net. Fu-u-unnyyy!!! TV on the table, unkempt bed, tube with shower, cat, dog, stuff. This is crazy! Wonderful, Blacky! I love your teacher for pushing you to this. Love the indefinite landscape behind them, and the hint on cloudy day, maybe morning (they are lucky not to move in rain). The outlines of the whole moving conglomerate could be more definite, it is a bit, tiny bit scattered right now, but really, I like the image so much, it is so funny, so fresh and the story and idea are so sympathetic, I don't want any changes. Hugs for this painting. I saved it for myself.

Love the rain image too, mostly for the street drawing and the effect of water everywhere. For the lighting, for the interesting details about unknown for me city. The girls figures although there is some charm in how you did them, still I know they could be better. Especially the running girl. The body language is very precise, the proportions are not, her head is too big. Not convincing fore shortening, in my opinion. Street is awesome though, like to look at it. Wonderful, hugs for this one too. Saved for the effect of rain.

Like all the people in the portraits, including Mr Steue. Well, he looks like a very melancholic man. Hard to impress probably. Nima is sweet. I would've probably just laughed in front of him, listening to his speech and looking at his clowns shoes. Hugs for Nima. And I like the girls chatting. very vivid picture.
    Both doodles are very interesting too.

I don't like your ships much, though, they look heavy done and don't make me feel anything. Except the ones on water, colored, but they still look heavy. How do the wind push them? The real sail boats are light looking, I think. It is obvious looking at them they are able to run on waves. They are designed and constructed this way. I might be too harsh though. Disregard it in this case.
    See you
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I have nothing to add except that I really like your stuff! Good job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man... thanks for dropping by on my thread

you have a pritty louse line there... but man... learn to control it so that you can describe a shape with it! i mean.. i haven't been through all your stuff.. just the last page... All i can say is that you have to describe something in your stuff... (i don't know if you are trieing to do an "art-line" work there... and to say : "hey man.. this is the way i see life" ...) your stuff is chaotic...
    in your long hours work, try to think about construction too... not only rendering and color...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You sir, are some machine!

Can't belive how much stuff you're getting through and how much you've improved,

Too long since the last update though!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5