Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

▀▄▀▄▌Take Two Sketchbook - Life Drawing 4/22

New Images At the Bottom

lots of gestures, anatomy, and one project (the others i havnt received back yet) from Life drawing this quarter, an amazing class to be sure. my professor is great, but more on that later

some images are strangely cropped, youll have to excuse that, i dont have a camera and my scanner isnt the largest.

▀▄▀▄▌Take Two Sketchbook - Life Drawing 4/22▀▄▀▄▌Take Two Sketchbook - Life Drawing 4/22
    ▀▄▀▄▌Take Two Sketchbook - Life Drawing 4/22▀▄▀▄▌Take Two Sketchbook - Life Drawing 4/22

In Progress
    Last edited by treeboy; April 23rd, 2006 at 11:23 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yup good old assignments from class, which unfortunately eats the majority of my soul. but no worries, ive got some other things on my room mates camera (i really need to get my own) and as soon as he gets back i can upload them.

until then (should be later this evening) heres some newer stuff from the sketchbook. more gestures and some foreshortening work.

Thanks
    working on a new avatar, also got some stuff i need to take some digi pics of from last quarter....

also got a quick animation from my Animation I class, it was a flour sack characterization exercise...youll see what i mean

Flour Sack Animation

Thanks

silly little walk cycle

been busy with animation and 3d design (ill try to post some process pics of my current project, i have to combine two characters and then create a maquette of the concept)

anyway, just finished this today in animation I, a quick and dirty walk cycle test.

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~fwalle.../walkcycle.avi

Thanks
    so im working on trying to borrow a friends digital camera, but until then here's the concept im working from for a 3D design project (due monday )

the project is to take two characters, combine them and then build a maquette (fully painted) of the concept. My character selections were Mario and Link

this is just a quick Photoshop paintover i'm using for reference for my concept. The final maquette will be using the master sword, and have a scabbard/shield strapped to his back

Thanks
    Holy damn you couldn`t have picked a more badass combo than link and mario. Mario, being my childhood hero (because i spent so many hours playing the mario games) and link being from one of my favorite games of all time (the whole series, but ocarina of time in particular). Look forward to that one. Rock on man! My only suggestion for your photoshop concept is to maybe add the triforce to the back of (marilink? linkio? lario?)`s hand.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Nice anatomy studies. I like them..i think you are on the right way. Keep it up. You should try to improove the way you draw portraits (yeah, i know, me too )
    Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepulverture
    Holy damn you couldn`t have picked a more badass combo than link and mario. Mario, being my childhood hero (because i spent so many hours playing the mario games) and link being from one of my favorite games of all time (the whole series, but ocarina of time in particular). Look forward to that one. Rock on man! My only suggestion for your photoshop concept is to maybe add the triforce to the back of (marilink? linkio? lario?)`s hand.
    good call with the triforce, ill prolly stamp that into the back of the maquettes hand. I also need to go in and differentiate between his white undershirt and chainmail tunic which is all under the green overalls/tunic

Thanks
    I agree, Linkio is awesome.

Great studies, too, keep up with them and you'll be happy with the progress you see. : ) This one is my favorite: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~fwalle...livemodel1.jpg I just love her expression, she looks so bored, lol.
    My Sketchbook
    It's when you can't hear the bats, that's when the bats are coming.

Thanks
    Here's the final version that i turned in. A bit blurry but you get the idea

when i get it back ill take some better/bigger/different pov shots

a few sacrifices to the original design were made, his mustache had to go because the head was slightly too small. and i added the pointed elf ears...well..for fun

Thanks
    currently working on my animation final

heres the WIP

frames 1-13, shot on 2's with a few 4's thrown in, about 46 captured frames

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~fwalle...est%201-13.avi

at any rate, the idea is the guy tries to give the girl (seen briefly in frame 1) some flowers which she torches with a lighter, then he pulls out a flamethrower and torches her.

yeah...girls suck. I just wanna dance
    Last edited by treeboy; February 25th, 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks
    finished my final for animation 1

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~fwalle...ctingfinal.avi

Thanks
    very cute concept...

Nice execution, too... my only crit is the jerkiness of the action. it could be smoother, particularly his frown falling into a grimace and when he whips out the flame thrower and turns it onto her.

Also, you may want to make her arm move less robotically...

nitpicks, really, great job!

Thanks
    While I like the pacing of the animation...I don't enjoy the look...it doesn't feel very solid. However, I think that's because of my personal tastes in animation as opposed to anything you did wrong. Good work!
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glikster
    very cute concept...

Nice execution, too... my only crit is the jerkiness of the action. it could be smoother, particularly his frown falling into a grimace and when he whips out the flame thrower and turns it onto her.

Also, you may want to make her arm move less robotically...

nitpicks, really, great job!

unfortunately the downsides of having only about a week and a half to do the project after the initial concept is nailed down, as well as throwing in finals for other classes

hehe, its not what i would do for a career, but 2d is definitely fun. cant wait till next couple weeks when the new quarter here at SCAD starts up when ill be getting into digital work. As it is im trying to get my hands on a digi camera to capture some of my larger works/3d design work

should be able to get a lot of personal sketching done over spring break too.

anyway thanks for the compliments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast