Thread: Wacom?

Thanks

Wacom?

I have finally desided to give a shot at a wacom tablet, but I know nothing about the brands and theire functions so I ask you kindly to recomend wacoms that might suit me.

I use photoshop 7 but I read somewhere that wacoms works poorly with photoshop functions, If this is true then I could switch to painter if nessesery.
    and if that is the case then what wacoms for painter do you recomend?

thx for answer.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I have a graphire 4x5. I use it for 3d character textures and the odd attempt at painting. I've had no trouble at all getting photoshop's pressure sensitivty features to work. It may be the features themselves which are inferior to painter, not the efficacy of the tablet in photoshop.
    Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.

Thanks
    ty for the info 3dway

I checked the graphire wacoms at wacoms official site, they seem smal.. does 4x5 stand for the wacoms size?

another guy recomended mac system wacoms, anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
    It is small. 4x5 is the drawing area on the pad.

You can set it to one of two modes: absolute mode or mouse mode.

In absolute mode the amount you move the pen on the pad is the amount that you move the cursor on the drawing. This mode budded my brain out, espically when zooming in to drawings in photoshop.

Mouse mode lets the cursor more further than the pen on the pad. I've actually cut the size of my work area on the pad down to less than the pad size and use mouse mode.

It's all a matter of personal preference. I'm still very much an amateur and I don't use the tablet frequently. You should check with some more experienced users. I've heard some say "ick, why would want such a huge drawing area" and the opposite as well.

You also want to evalutate:
    -how serious are you Pro or Hobby?
    -do you use it for more than drawing / painting, as a mouse in other software?
    -what are you doing with it in the software that you use.
    Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.

Thanks
    What size would you guys recommend? I've heard you don't need the biggest ones, but is 4x5 too small?

Thanks
    Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    mouse power rules!!

Thanks
    I checked the graphire wacoms at wacoms official site, they seem smal.. does 4x5 stand for the wacoms size?
    - my first tablet was graphire2 and it's active area was 4x5. it was small but at least it was huge improvement over a mouse and it got the job done. after its pen broke (it lasted 2 years) i bought graphire3. it was a size bigger (6x8 ) and i loved it! but i broke it too (this time the cable got damaged ) so i bought intuos3 (9x12) and it is the best tablet so far
    most people are satisfied with 6x8 tablet, but it depends on how big you normally draw (= if you like to draw tiny scribbles you'll not need a big tablet, but if you like to draw in "big sweeping strokes" you will be needing a huge tablet )

if you dont have much to spend on a tablet you might want to consider some cheaper brand (thought then you'll have to check if youre software and hardware supports it)

another guy recomended mac system wacoms, anyone know anything about them?
    - uh? as far as i understand, wacom tablets work in windows and also in machintos systems. some cheaper brands might only work in windows..

Thanks
    I used a graphire at school once and it didn't even compare to my intuos. Go with an intuos3 instead of a graphire if at all possible.

And the size of the tablet should depend on what resolution you use on your monitor. I use 1600x1200 and the 9x12 suits me just fine.

Also, from what I have heard, you should probably stay away from cheaper brands.

Thanks
    thanks very much for tne info guys
    I will go for the intuos3, it was recomended on another bord also..
    is intuos3 the name of the brand?

Thanks
    Wacom is the brand name, they make different product lines such as the Graphire, Intuos(3), and Cintiq, and each of those product line has a variety of sizes to choose from. Hope that clears it up a bit.