Wacom Tablet

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wacom Tablet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wacom Tablet

i m thinking about buying a wacom tablet so that i can start to do digital painting, but i was just curious to find out from you all which one would be a good one to buy or what i should look for when buying one, i use MAC so hopeully it i will work on this computer

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    MAC's fine.

depends how you like to draw but safest size would be 6x8 intous3. it seems to satisfy the majority of people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hiho, im looking for a wacom for photoshop also.

mac's as in mac systems? do they work good with pohotshop?

what does 6x8 intous3 mean? size of the area on the wacom or something?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    intous3 is the model name, has about twice sensitivity to that of grapphire3 which is a lower model. but about twice the price I think. 6x8 is the size, a5.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah MAC as in i m using iMac, apple, macintosh what ever you know it by, i think i might just get that intous3 and give it a whirl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey artfire and Nhine,
    6x8 is the size of the work pad, the central sensor pad of the tablet. I got myself the Intuos 3 and I'm pretty satisfied, even though I've punctured a huge crater in my budget, It's worth it, big time. It's quite easy to get the hang of it. As for the mac, I'm sorry that I cant help you. I got to stick to the PC for the moment, but, since my girlfriend like's the less virus aspect, we'll get one, someday, hopefully before the end of the year. If you can, get yourself a laptop, you can work and draw outdoors.

Hoped that I helped.

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have both all the machine no worries about that (i ve got PC, PC laptop, MAC laptop G4, and an iMac G5) , just out of curiosity does the colour of a black line stroke get ligher a you release pressure from the pen, such as what would happen when you are drawing with a pencil and you press hard at first but then release pressure on the paper? and photoshop CS2 or coreal PAINTER better or what anyone really know? thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    depends what kind of work you do I guess.. Photoshop is stronger with image manipulation and painter is stronger in terms of brushe engine. AND yes, it's pressure sensitive. You can not go wrong with wacom, it's awsome. and never paint with a mouse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think i ll go with with painter then it seems more like what i would want

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why don't you download both trials and try them out first? doesn't hurt.. you never know you might like photoshop better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want to start painting digitally, I'd recommend an Intuos3, too. However, the 4x5 should be fine; don't be fooled into thinking you need the biggest tablet you can afford. If you want to get a larger tablet, that's fine, but it really won't impact your work's quality much. The 4x5 model is so much less expensive, which is a big relief.

As far as programs go, both Photoshop and Painter can be used to make breathtaking art OR ridiculous filterfests. It's all about how dedicated you are to improving your craft and learning whichever program you choose. I use Photoshop for all of my painting, and it's never let me down. Photoshop basically just lets you lay down the colors as-is. The process can be very much like traditional painting, but the results are different. Not inferior, but different. I personally like the way Photoshop art can look.

Painter especially attracts people who've done extensive traditional painting, and now want to carry the same techniques into the digital realm. As a result, Painter features tools that try to emulate specific real-world tools: oil paints, airbrushes, pencils, crayons, etc. Painter leaves Photoshop in the dust with wet-on-wet effects. If you've painted in real life, Painter's probably the right program for you. It's also less expensive than Photoshop.

I use Photoshop because I already owned the program, I'd been using it for six years, and I'd seen enough fantastic Photoshop art to convince me that it'd be sufficient. Your circumstances will be different, and your choice may be, too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.