Sketchbook: Spartacus Blood and Sand, sketch - Feb 26th - Page 8

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Im speachless.. your drawings are great. You can almost see a story in them.
    top notch!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Dude you rock so much with those pencils.... I'm really liking the amount of energy in your works, especially in your line. It's energetic and active and yet still represents the forms perfectly - something to strive for lol.

Awesome stuff mate, bookmarked and 5-starred.
    ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
Sick stuff man!! I really enjoy looking through your sketchbook!
I cant belive I underrated you so much just awhile ago...I mean, I was like
"lukias doesnt have Wes skills...his stuff is just messy" - > seriously, I never
been more wrong.. You got WES skills, and the "messy" look, is just all the
things you get into your pictures, so sorry my old-retarded thoughts, I belive
your one of the most talanted people on the board, and just want to say
keep it up!

I also have a question, since the damn search function isnt working, and I cant find threads started by you, I have to ask it here.
Im wondering what softness/hardness of your pencils-graphite you use ?
you know, Hb- 2B and so on ? I would really appreciate an answer

I have always been asking artist on this board about digital techniques, and
I seem to have got my answers, but I have never asked about pencil-traditional questions.. and thats because people doesn't seem to wanna answer them, so yeah, I would be sooooooooo thankful for an answer
Cheers!

~Dile

Thanks
    AMAZING!!! ... just filled up my folder with the new ones
    Thank you!

Thanks
    wow, latest update is dead sexy, very nice. but for serious, who doesn't like boobs? i guess we found the answer to that life long quest. I could see banning pron, but boobies are well respected everywhere!

Thanks
    Damn, I'm lovin the regular updates.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    I am in love with your sketching and renders. Wow.... really great work ;] cheers!

Thanks
    awesome stuff as always man,
    they keep getting better and better

Thanks
    oh snap man this stuff is crazy good!!! I am going to draw now! Inspired

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks

Boner

There is a great wierdness here that rattles my cage................

Thanks
    Nacho - hey man.. 450 images you say!? sheesh, thats a fair stash of work!!!. I'm betting you have some images which I can't seem to find anymore, probably from 2002. Super happy you've noticed the improvements, thats always a pleasure to hear.
    As for the oils, well yeah, I've got everything from my recent exhibition to put online. Should do that real soon. That skull painting I quite like too.. its skin tones that seem to be giving me grief at the moment, I need alot more practise in that area.
    Cheers to you

Roell - Thanks alot, its appreciated

vigostar - cheers, thanks for posting

Cup Of Joe - cheers man

Blanguish - hey dude.. yeah I did.. I'll see if I can find it... yep heres one(doubt any of the links work mind you)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4842
    You're welcome btw. Happy drawing man.

Motives - I dig hearing stuff like that, its something I'm not aware of myself.. so I welcome surprise you could say. Thanks

Brendan N - Big thanks man, great to have you drop in with ya feedback.

Dile.exe - haha, wow.. no need to apologize for your private thoughts mate!. But nice to know I maybe surpassed your initial thoughts re my work.
    ..as for the questions.. I use everything from HB to 8B.. but generally around the 2B grade. But I'm finding that pencil brands vary a fair bit.. as in one brand in the HB is darker than anothers 2B.
    "I have always been asking artist on this board about digital techniques, and
    I seem to have got my answers, but I have never asked about pencil-traditional questions.. and thats because people doesn't seem to wanna answer them, so yeah, I would be sooooooooo thankful for an answer
    Cheers!"
    .. heh.. you didn't actually ask anything, was there something specific you were after, I'll try and answer the best I can?.
    Big cheers for feedback man!

Kliment - thanks mate, still gets me how people save my work. Stoked I am.

Mr.Blonde - agreed.. fun bags are unanimously enjoyed the world over. I bet they'd host photos of naked 'artistic' sculptures but somehow mere line drawings are deemed potentially offensive.
    Thanks Mr Blonde.

jarri- cheers!

MattGamer - cheers to you!

wesburt - hey hey man, real nice to have you stop in. ditto re your comment for sure. no more '9000' eh.. gone are the days where I subconsciously envisioned you as postapocalytic artist sent to show present day humans how to render. Whatever you're doing, I'm sure its kicking ass.

Unbreakable - draw until your arms are stumps and you replace them with huge custom made bits of graphite. Thats what I did!.. I'd show you but I can't hold my SLR. Happy sketching!

mentler - ah yeah, the weirdness factor.. I get that from lots of people, whats weird for me is that I never consciously set out to make 'weird' sketches. Maybe I'm weird. Maybe I'm wearing a totou and sharing a cigerette with my dog, Steven.

Some rougher imagination stuff

Thanks
    Your figures are so nice! So loose yet so precise.

Thanks
    whoa! crazily awesome weirdness! More crazily awesome weirdness!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Aweseome as always.
    Love the last page, especially the guy at the bottom.

Thanks
    aw man, your sense of gesture and expression is _insane_, looked at your website as well, lovely paintings there, little girl with skipping rope reminded me alot of bougureau..

what is it that you draw with? lines look thick and nice, looks like its done with one of those graphite(thick, not the mechanical pencils) stick-holders (dunno what it's called)

edit: never mind,just saw dile's question

Last edited by Aslev; January 9th, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

www.aslev.com

TEAM IKEA

III Aslev Flaskpost Andorz III

Thanks
    you excite me on a level, no artist has ever reached. your figures are breathtaking and inspirational
    :bow
    was gonna say though, bout time ya updated
    thanks
    now keep it more frequently updated

Thanks
    aggghhhhhh i hate it when people like you update at the same time as me..i already feel like shit enough when i see this thread aghh so good.

Thanks
    Interesting level of work here/ Love how you render out your drawings very fun to look at///

Thanks
    imagination??? !!!! this is GODLIKE , i rarely see skills like yours . i love tha last character on the right, but i would personally like to see it more finished
    like this one wich is one of my favs on this site toohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/lukias/2006/sketchpad-312.jpg or better where i could see more part s of its body. . . i go to try to find ur other SB after looking , it´s time to sketch 4 me.pld: i wonder if you have a website

?

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Oh so you updated again, thanks so much for that.I am wondering Is sharing a ciggarette with a dog hygenic ? ..........but it is definitely wierd

Thanks
    Awesome!! as... always infact!
    You are one of the reasons i spend far far far too much time with a pencil not doing enough uni work, just drawing stuff.
    Love the random sleeping cat additions, cats are fun to draw near they purr with a background hum that makes the scratching of the pencil less stark
    Loving the loose stuff, now i feel i really have to look at planes and proportion more, arg.
    -B-

Thanks
    WOW! really inspireing sketches, and some of those painting on the first page of the kids are superb! wonderful! I enjoyed looking at your work and definitely will be back
    Cheers,
    -T

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
  • Woooow@your update! Great stuff Lukias!
    Your stuff is very dynamic and the anatomy looks very accurate to me! (did you studied someone particular for anatomy ? )

~
    Well, you answered the question for me "up there" or the questions' I just keept rambling useless stuff Thanks a lot man ! great to see stuff from you!

~Dile

Thanks
    jake - thanks man

Magic Man - Heh, yeah.. the 'weird' factor seems to a staple comment at the mo.. atleast they arn't as morbid as when I drew as a wee fella. Cheers

DanielC - cheers dude

notic - bougureau you reckon??. Well, that'd be a first!.. having been looking at his work of late I can say that the only time I'll ever liken my work to his is when I'm asleep and dreaming. But hey.. thanks!

blanquish - damn mate, I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about the work, I wish I was more of the time. But as I've said before, to be told the work inspires is one of the greatest compliments indeed. Or so I think so.
    Cheers

rodrigo! - haha.. come on man.. your work is rockin big time, you have nothing to worry about, of that I'm sure.

seth1 - cheers bud

GOBLINSHARK - Won't be going back to that char.. most sketches seem to run their own course and trust me theres always plenty of others to go back to or just let my brain wander onto something else. I try to tread the line between over cooking sketches and yet not refining something for fear of over cooking it. If that makes any sense. .. like not murdering really cool line work with rendering but at the same time doing just that on occasions because its the best way to learn and push yourself.
    www.lukehollis.com .. everything on there is about 2 years old.. I'm supposed to have a new site right now but I can't get hold of the guy who's building it!. (when I do I have a stack of work to upload)
    Big thanks (Have just seen it, I really like your linework btw)

bhanu - sharing cancerous materials with any animal is surely unhygenic. So of course.. I don't do it.
    Cheers

Badger - cheers man and yeah animals in general are great to draw.. preferably if they're sleeping, though even then they seem to move half way through a really nice pose. Heh.. I used to avoid work at my deskjob by sketching away on my giant business notepad. Its almost like meditation in an otherwise brain sapping day.
    thanks man

poise - thanks poise, wicked work you have yourself!

jens - cheers man.. keep up with great work yourself.

Dile_ - Nah no study really.. early on a drew from an anatomy book but to be honest on not sure it really helped that much.. its all about how well you retain information and alot of what I drew I didn't hold onto(especially regarding underlying muscles etc). Repetition re imagination drawing has been key for me. *for me* thats how I ingrain it into memory. Life drawing would be a far better option imo.
    Thanks dude

some life work and then more of the same..

more imagination roughies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    WOah big update man,
    Keep updating man. You are good at it.

Thanks
    hey hey, how s it going? your sb is looking good! i really like it how you manage to fill up the page, especially when it s rendered nicely. Imo, you re going a bit heavy on the line count when sketching, I ve got the same prob, and i know it s hard to get rid off, but hehehe will make the images look cleaner!

Cheers and keep posting.

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    wow you certianly know how to fill a page, and all quality too. i particulary found myself drawn to this page not sure why but it rocked http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...as/2007/Q4.jpg thanks for the ton of inspiration

Thanks
    This book always makes my head explode. yup, you still remain as one of my favorite artists on this whole forum. I always upload your SB pages onto my ipod, (which I take with me everywhere) and look at them for inspiration haha. yeah i'm a fanboy.

Thanks
    first off, I can't believe I haven't seen this sb. second, thanks for the inspiration bro, love your loose line and the way you tame your line with your rendering abilties. Your drawings really show that you really understand light and value on a serious level.

Keep us fed bro.

Thanks
    awesome stuff bro, how did you go with your fine art expo you were planning?

• Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 28