Art: Older Work

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Older Work

Thanks

Older Work

Hey All...I just thought Id post some of my older (as in 6 months or less) 3d stuff for some crits.

this one is just supposed to be some ancient room of sorts

this one is a recreation of a BEKSINSKI PIECE...its a 3d model i made and then painted over.

and this last one is just an enviornment I did...kind of industrial......some of the buildings were inspired by the mayan step pyramids

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    They look okay. I think that the lighting could be a more dramatic. Lighting is something I have so much trouble with.
    Right now it seems that all the pieces except for the last one suffer from looking flat. Its just my opinion.
    I have a question. Did you paint the textures on the third one. Man those are nice. I really dig the organic feel.

Thanks
    Lighting is a b*tch plain and simple LOL! I'm tring to get good at it, I was pretty happy with the lighting on the first piece, The bottom one I totaly agree that it looks flat....though the image was darker at first. I brought it into photoshop and brightened it up...poeple on another forum said it was too dark, and they couldn't see much.

As for the textures, yes I did paint them...its a mix of photomanipulation with paint techniques. glad you like them...I'm working hard to get good with my modeling and texturing skills. I'd like to work in the video game industry as a modeler or texture artist one day. I know I still have a ways to go though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.