Star Wars Battlefront II !!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront II !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Star Wars Battlefront II !!!

Today battlefront 2 was released and im stoked! so this is the battlefront 2 thread:
    Overview:
    a thrid person shooter with all new levels and reworked AI. Levels ranging from hoth to genosis and everything inbetween. Also new space battles are added and being able to play as a hero class.

I have not yet gotten this game at the moment as soon as i do i'll be sure to put up a more in depth review.
    If anyone has and comments or a review of there own go right ahead and post.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was interested in the first one, but never got around to playing it. Is it online? Is there a multiplayer mode without being online? There aren't enough GOOD 3rd person multiplayer shooters out there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hayeske
    I was interested in the first one, but never got around to playing it. Is it online? Is there a multiplayer mode without being online? There aren't enough GOOD 3rd person multiplayer shooters out there.
    Yes to the above.

Yes, you can play it online - BFII was designed specifically with that in mind. The first edition is awesome enough in it's own right, I can't wait until the new one arrives (Ordered it from Amazon like a month ago...). There's an infinite amount of replayability with the game that I just love.

Go check it out here: Star Wars Battlefront II

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really considering running out and getting this game immediately. It looks too good to pass up, even though I heard not-so-great things about the first Battlefront.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Okay, the game arrived yesterday. Here's my first impressions (playing first person, no internet):

HOLY SHIT

This game just rocks. If you've played the first one, this one leaves it far behind, but is familiar enough to make a fairly smooth transition.

The graphics are spot on. The lighting is jaw dropping. The action is intense in a disturbingly realistic way (again, this is a contrast to the original). You have objectives. The AI fights with purpose, not just all over the map. It has a gritty feeling to it that I especially like that the first one lacked. And there are tons of maps.

Hoth has an EPIC battle setting that is just unfricking believable - you are litterally in the middle of the Hoth battle field with not just twenty or thirty guys, but with what appears to be hundreds.

The conquest setting (my personal favorite next to Instant Action) is more like a tactical wargame where in you get to personally fight the battles. You can fight fleet to fleet or on planet.

The Space Combat is just.. I actually experienced a brief moment of vertigo - the *first* time that has ever happend with a game.

Beyond that, it's awesome.

A couple of minor caveats: there is no "Easy" setting to let you get a handle on things and get used to the controls. Some of the dialog is a little too testosterone driven and unrealistic, but aside from that and some keyboard command changes those are my only complaints.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good review!

Even though I hate every fucker i've ever come across on XBox Live, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good review!

Even though I hate every fucker i've ever come across on XBox Live, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im actually a bit dissapointed. I mean, yes the hero's rock but still. Space battles just flat out suck, splitscreen bothers me for some reason which is odd because i never had a gripe about it in the first. Over all it is just more maps and characters and i guess, just same old battlefront. I do enjoy playing it but, it seems i'll fall back on the first from time to time. Im still glad i purchased it though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the lightsaber fighting any good? Or is it just a hack-slash deal?

It sure looks good...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeh its fun, but it is more hack slash oriented. If you press different directions they attack in that angle and such. oh and dashing and attacking with your saber you basically get an instant kill. and around two hits kills someone. I think its still fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well hey! If it's fun then that works for me! Thanks for the info!

[Now all I have to do is get a system that can play it!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of my favorite things are how over-powered Jedi (and heroes in general) are as compared to your regular footsoldiers. With a little luck and some good button mashing, you can slaughter hordes of them. Not exactly scientific, but still fun as hell.

Its a great game, I still play it almost every day. Problem is, in the campaign I'm up to the battle of Hoth, and my TV cant handle all that white. I cant see a thing. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefeated
    One of my favorite things are how over-powered Jedi (and heroes in general) are as compared to your regular footsoldiers. With a little luck and some good button mashing, you can slaughter hordes of them. Not exactly scientific, but still fun as hell.

Its a great game, I still play it almost every day. Problem is, in the campaign I'm up to the battle of Hoth, and my TV cant handle all that white. I cant see a thing. =)
    It's a blizzard, dude.

RE: Jedi, yeah, I know. I think I was playing Grievious (or however his name is spelled) on the Tantive on CTF - my final score said I did in something like 150-160 clone troopers. Brutal.

Also, if you're in the death star playing obi, and fall down one of the pits, if you do it right, you can force jump out. I've done that a couple of times, but its hard to do pull off right...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.