Art: City by dogparry
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

City by dogparry

Hello to all, this is my first work on this site. I have a gallery on dogparry.deviantart.com and this is first time posting some of my works on Conceptart. I hope you like this stuff.

MY FANTASY NOVEL-THE BREED (ABOUT DROW):
    http://adnddownloads.com/misc.shtml
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well nothing, ok, LOL...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!

So far they look good. The second picture has great color. For your city, it's a good start, adding streets/other city elements would probably help it move forward. At the moment they, while very good, just look like objects strewn about. The part I like the most is in the upper left/middle corner. Because the buildings are closer together you get a better sense that it's a cityscape. Try bringing all the objects together with smaller streets in between. As well, changing the angle of the camera view will help to create more of a city feeling (perhaps a bit lower on the horizon so that the buildings have a definite height to them)

The lighting could be a bit on the lighter side as well. You've got good global illumination look going, but the back buildings really start to disappear. Try adding some colored light to imply sunrise/set/daytime/night time. It doesn't have to be glairing color, just something subtle to make it more realistic. Adding lights in the buildings or on the street will add to the lived in feel. Adding a matt painting of buildings/atmosphere going into the distance would really help this piece as well. A hazy background (ie particles or depth blur) will remove a bit of its flatness.

And finally of course, texture will be a great bonus to make it come alive. I realize you probably haven't even reached the lighting/texture portion yet, so I can't wait to see what you come up with. Good work so far. BTW what program are you using?

Brooke

"Two things are infinite- The universe and Human stupidity... I'm not so sure about the universe" -Albert Einstein.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comment my friend. I am using Cinema 4D. Check my gallery if you have time and you will see some of my new artworks. My PC is to weak to continue rendering city so I will wait until I buy a new one.

Thanks man once more.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.