Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts

the "why did i do that?" thread.

ive got an art essay due tomorrow, had a good lot of it completed, Ctrl+X'ed an important and sizable paragraph to paste it somewhere else, forgot what i was doing, Ctrl+S'ed it and shut down. *sigh* twas lost indeed, this makes 'stoph angry. you dont want to see 'stoph when hes angry *begins to bust out of his clothes* anyone else done some dumb things like this that with a seconds thought could have quite easily been avoided?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah that happens....not as often as it could've been...which is a good thing for me.

Most memorable one happened about 3 weeks back. Only 2 hours of sleep and an 8am class. Then I went to get coffee...and proceeded to open a couple of packets of sugar....then I dumped the sugar into the rubbish chute and dropped the empty packets into my coffee.

Couldn't stop laughing.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    BAHAHAAA oh man im glad i started this thread, just what i need, to laugh at others misfortune and dumb mistakes cause they make light of my own situation thanks man i genuinely burst out in laughter there

Thanks
    How bout sending an email to someone who isnt' supposed to get it...
    I wont bore you with the details...Ive done it twice and its NOT gonna happen again
    The rush of blood to the head when I realized what I had done...
    what makes me cringe is how much worse things could have been...

but as always with these things - you get a good long laugh afterwards

Thanks
    rascar: Been there, done that... too many sms-messages gone to the wrong person. And it always have to happend when I'm complaining about the particular person who eventually gets the message... now that's annoying..
    and yeah. yesterday was one of those days when you wake up in a hangover, make coffee and find your keys from the fridge...
    currently playing: Kuhlau, Bach, Beethoven
    Le Order Nouveau!

Thanks
    I rejected Natalie Cunial when she asked me to the prom. ARGH!!!!!
    Last edited by CaptainInsano; October 31st, 2005 at 05:32 AM.

Thanks
    Here you go, it's 4:15 in the morning, i got to a job interview at 11:00 (cause I can't manage my freelance money and keep sinking bill money in personal projects) but instead of getting a goodnights rest I'm working on artwork and editing a film demo (yes, at the same time, and yes at seperate computers. . .my chair has wheels-bitch!) So, yes sometimes we do stupid things, and know it while we do them.

Thanks
    lol, i once was at this party getting on with this girl on the top bunk of the hosts sisters bed and i went to go get some more vodka and i told her id be back an i got chatting with some friends and forgot about her...

oh this one makes me feel soo guilty, me and my friend went down to the shops and i took my dog along with us for a walk and i tied her up out side the shop and when we came out he told me this really funny joke so i was laughing so hard that i completly forgot about her and so she waited their overnight for me to come back and she was so good that she apparently didnt even bark. and so the pound had to come and pick her up and i had to pay $120 to get her out...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerD
    I rejected Natalie Cunial when she asked me to the prom. ARGH!!!!!
    Why would you reject her? Ok, I don't think i'll make it any worse
    I remember getting pushed around by this guy in school, I don't know why I just beat the living shit out of him...ARGH!

Thanks
    What about all those resized/wrongly saved paintings in Photoshop? Did that just 2 nights ago.. good it was only a sketch.

Thanks
    thats always fun to do.. or not. the higher the rez, scale and consequent detail, the more it hurts

Thanks
    ok, an update, im out of the woods and on my way to finishing this bastard of an essay. special thanks go to these guys -

- ive had at least 4 tonite (recommended max daily intake: 2), and plan on finishing off the remainder of the carton before the nights out. i swear these things have a diuretic and laxative effect..

ahem.

why did i do that?

Thanks
    Back at collage, the computers on the network did'nt have recycle bins. If you deleted something it was gone for good.

Navigating through my files, select subject folder with most of my coursework button. Go to hit the back button to go back up a folder. Hit delete button by accident. *Gone*

Whole peices of work gone in seconds. The sad thing? I did it more than once. I was lucky enough to have some of the work backed up by the administrator, and some printed off so I was able to salvage it.

Although this unfortunate incident pales in comparison to some of which has been mentioned .

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Sloth

oh this one makes me feel soo guilty, me and my friend went down to the shops and i took my dog along with us for a walk and i tied her up out side the shop and when we came out he told me this really funny joke so i was laughing so hard that i completly forgot about her and so she waited their overnight for me to come back and she was so good that she apparently didnt even bark. and so the pound had to come and pick her up and i had to pay $120 to get her out...
    When I was young, I went with my mum to drop my sister off and a dance class. I waited outside whilst my mum went inside with my sister. My mum came out, forgot I had gone with them and walked off without me. Luckily I spotted here walking off so I went after her. So don't worry, people have done worse
    We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Why would you reject her? Ok, I don't think i'll make it any worse
    I remember getting pushed around by this guy in school, I don't know why I just beat the living shit out of him...ARGH!
    I was a nice, but pretty shy (especially around the ladies) during high school...well, I still am. So when one of the hottest blonde babes in the school asked me to the prom, it was intimadating

We were friends in art class and she was an aspiring fashion illustrator.

Thanks
    can we get CA.org's stupidest/unluckiest guy ever award over here? ParkerD's the recipient this year i think

EDIT: and oh yeah i finished the essay about an hour ago. you can all breath a sigh of relief now

Thanks
    Yeah I once did the most retarded thing in the world.

I ran across the road. I wasn't at a zebra crossing. I didn't check for oncoming traffic. I was making my way across in front of a bus. Therefore the driver simply couldn't respond to my idoicy in time. BOOM.

I still wonder why the heck I did something like that, I wasn't even in a hurry to cross the road.

Thanks
    Well ive got a few of these.

First one was just a few days ago. I didnt sleep that very good that night and i wanted to get up to the clothing stores early before the traffic got heavy, well i got into the store and i looked at the clock inside the store and it said 8am....note: the clock was INSIDE THE STORE. I thought to my self "hey the store doesnt open until 10:00am" and i walked out...

I was helping my neighbours to decide what trees that were safe to cut down and my dad was on the phone who does things like this as his proffesion. So i was on the phone and pointed at a tree and told my dad ( he was on the phone) "this is the tree they want to cut down". My neighbours just gave me the weirdest look...Again i was tired.

This summer i was going to try the new landing we built for our ramp, the gap was kinda small but i figured that 3 gear on low rpms would do it so i wouldnt case the landing, the thing i didnt take into my calculations was that i was going to make the gap....but i would miss the landing....totally....
    Ah well 3 screws later and 2 broken bones in my right ankle and a severly sprained left ankle i said "live and learn".

Thanks
    This was'nt really my fault. But I kicked a girl scout on accident once.I was about 8 and playing on the jungle gym. I went to jump off, pretending I was Spider-Man as she ran out in front of me, I knocked her to the ground, cookies and all
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerD
    I was a nice, but pretty shy (especially around the ladies) during high school...well, I still am. So when one of the hottest blonde babes in the school asked me to the prom, it was intimadating

We were friends in art class and she was an aspiring fashion illustrator.
    Ahh man, that's unlucky

Thanks
    I studied all of yersterday, set my alarm and went to bed nice and early.... except I forgot to actually turn on the alarm. So this morning I slept through my art history mid-term. I was sooo pissed at myself.

luckily i got to take it later with another class.

Thanks
    With the risk of everyone hating me (including myself, even more):
    Treated this girl like shit for a year until she dumped my stupid jealous ass:

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    I once worked for a writer looking for a publisher.....not only he had a terrible idea, he was also hard to work with, overdemanding and loved to send the instruction e-mail over and over again, plus some more manure, all with heavy attachments.( just to fill up a 50 MG e-mail anyways)

But he still payd me the average fees.

Or when i tould Mom that buying a beagle was a good idea..... and it was untill bite the crap out of the laptop´s cables and the Wacom´s grip pencil ( still functional though, but now with no buttons ).
    But he is cute anyways

So in the end, even a stupid thing that could be avoided can have a good side .

Thanks
    timpaatkins
    On the contrary
    I finally got to date the girl of my dreams after she went out with someone similar.

Thanks
    darth, something like that happened to me not too long ago. I keep water in bottles in the fridge, and I was having dinner. I was gonna grab the water bottle and fill my cup, but instead I grabbed the ketchup to do it. Luckily I realized what I was doing and didnt put ketchup inside the glass, but I thought, haha how weird.

Thanks
    And another time I unwrapped a gum, threw the gum in the trash and kept the wrapping. I know people who have had similar experiences too : P

Thanks
    I have poured orange juice on my cereal instead of in the glass on more than one occasion

Thanks
    Hehe Craig, you hold on tight to her!
    Unfortunatly though women are insane, and for some reason come back to the ones that are pricks. Like I was.
    But Im a changed man now.

Tim
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    I'd once spent a couple of hours working on a PSD in Photoshop, it was turning out very nicely, so I hit CTRL-S to Save it... or at least I thought I did. Turns out I hit CTRL-W, which is the shortcut for Close.
    It even popped up a message window that said something to the effect of "Hey, you haven't saved! Sure you want to close it?", and I clicked Yes without thinking. I guess I must have assumed it was a "Sure you want to overwrite?" message or something instead.
    Suffice to say, I didn't feel like working any more in Photoshop that night.

And that time I was meant to meet someone for dinner since it was their birthday, I told them I would surely be there, then promptly went to sleep and woke up 3 hours after I was meant to have gone out. Go me!

Thanks
    I´ve looked all over the place for the keyes that were in my hand the whole time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    My brother is great with absent minded stuff because if he's tired enough, he'll do things real slow and deliberate. Like, very slowly, and for no reason whatsoever, tilt his coffee and pour it out on the sidewalk. He has this look of steady cencentration, followed by a surprised look of "why the hell did I do that?"

One of his classics, we were on a road trip down to Texas and back, six of us crammed into my Cadillac, and I think it was after a night of little sleep. He was driving and we were stuck in a traffic jam somewhere outside New Orleans. The traffic was all screwed because our lane was closing and people kept shooting up to the merge point and gumming it up. The guy in the lane next to us signals us, then tells us to keep pace along side him so people can't get around, then he'll let us in at the merge point. My brother is looking at him and nodding and saying "right, sure, ok" and then in the blink of an eye hits the gas and cuts right infront of the guy who he was talking to. He claims he spaced out, saw that there was an opening and went for it, right in the middle of his conversation. Had to ride the rest of the traffic jam with the guy right behind us.
    "Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast