Sketchbook: Bloodsbane's Sketchbook - 2011-07-01 - lifedrawings - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bloodsbane's Sketchbook - 2011-07-01 - lifedrawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! Your figurestudies are superp, especially your poses! Just try to remember that there are no lines in real life, it's all light and shadow! From the last painting, the figures are a bit stiff and in my eyes too tall with those legs. But that's just me

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man! I nearly don't see anny connection betwen beginning and ending of thi thread! U are getting better in a short time, it's very good.
    So lets start: I like that, you draw loose and try different ways of working (pencil, digital, markers, gel-pen)
    You don't try to make too much details, keep on with that
    For me the best are your poses, but i also like fast portrait sketches, charakter design and animals. Those last are interesting becouse of low-amount of lines that you use.

I think, that you have destroied the effect of the dragon, by making his face only gray, without anny bigger shadows or highlights, but in next picture you've showed, that you can use better contrasts (that lady)

So keep on working

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Having joined an SSG today and all, I gotta get something up here before bedtime! The plan was to spend the day on a CHoW entry, but some friends came over and the whole day just went *poof*

Still felt I had to get something started tonight, even if I probably wont be able to finish in time. This is what I have so far.. you can tell its 3am by the crazy amount of insecure, crappy lines.

Johnny - While on one hand I want to sharpen up lots of this old stuff, once I get some wacom-time I rather just keep pushing forward and try out new stuff. Im definately gonna cram out some more bots in that style though.. I had lots of fun with it.

Faust - Thanks man! Im working on processing volumes and planes instead of 2d shapes while drawing from life.. been a while since I got to do any gesture drawing though. With luck I'll get some new stuff on that front done on monday. Having recently moved, I found a new life drawing class the other week.

Denysiuk - You make me a happy man saying that
    Ive come a long way since this autumn, but right now it feels like progress has trudged to a halt. I know precisely what I need to work on, but it's so easy to fall back on the old mistakes when you're sitting there with a fresh paper.

Thanks for the crits Brothers of the 17th! I better cram out some new work to show I know what youre talking about now.

Sketchbook 2005 2006 2009

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha I thought where's that update of bloodbane already? And I forgot to subscribe lol. The beginning is pretty tight master, nice foreshortening. His right leg (our left) is pretty hard to read though. I'm eager to see your progress!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking damn fine, my swedish compadre!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with fat kid, duuuude you have some quality work here, not finetuned, but its established that you can shade, you can draw, and definitetly have very creative brain at work. And I love the experiementation with different medias.

But your guy wielding the sword, don't start colouring your figures until you've drawn that invisible line down the middle of his back down between his legs and balanced him on the centre of gravity. He is falling backwards.

keep it up. And just so there's no further mistake =P I'm a chick, kz??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like these: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...anna0004-1.jpg
    I demand more! Your style is very loose and messy at the moment, but you've shown that you can do clean in a few of these, so I guess its not such a problem. Your RPG characters look great, although I agree with Faust that their legs seem a bit on the long side. Their arms seem short too, although its possible its just that way because of the legs.

Keep going with Loomis, your gestures look great so far.

Chisa's Happy Place (sketchbook) | chisa@deviantart | The ChiGarden | sketchblog

SSG No. 17

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet SB, and straight from Dalarna to, thats super nice, you got some really nice stuff here and them loomis poses really got me thinking about using the good teachers book some more!

Keep it up and I'll continue watching!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff bloodsbane! Only 91 days until montreal!

Erilaz

Books of love:
    RebeccaK bumskee dirty_c Iconophobian Steph Laberis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi... I'm here just to kick your ass, becouse you are not drawing!!!
    Rest in Peace

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook, I cant pick anything special that i like way much, cause they are all great, keep drawing !
    Swedish all the way, yay!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    d'oh.. a week later, and still no progress on the character of the week thing. I should make my user title Character of the Weak instead

Haven't dumped any graphite stuff here for a long time now, so you get crappy camera pix of laziness.

latest sketchbook pages.. lower left is Masuimi Max from small photo ref. Rest is just crap from my head.

no comments on these, just random doodling

Life drawing from earlier this week. I notice I've started to catch a fairly correct outline faster these days.. but cleaner lines and bigger drawings = much less finished gestures than I'm used to getting.

Faust - Sorry to dissapoint (with no update on that latest scene). I think I need to find a little deeper emotion in it than 'angry space guy shooting angry space hippo in cheeck' before I go further. Back to sketching for me.

Flaskpost - Cheers BTW, thought I was going to see you at the life drawing on Brunnsgatan this monday.. you don't go there?

Fat Kid - Hey mate! I think maybe expectations are part of the problem - when something takes a wrong turn for me, I have a tendency to just discard it and start something new, instead of grinding it out and get through to the other side. Even if they're just little doodles, I think line confidence and rendering has come a little further in the ones I'm posting now?

Chichigo - Yeah, I always have to search around alot before I find anything resembling a pose with weight and balance. I'm such a noob at perspective, I feel totally lost whenever I make something that isn't a straight orthographic view. Working on it though.

Chisa - I'll see if I can find some more portraits to show off. It's pretty funny, I feel I catch a pretty good likeness when I draw someone's face from life, and I get the essentials in there fast when drawing whole people.. but when drawing whole figures from life or photo, I have an incredibly hard time getting the faces right. There's always something funky with them. Proportions on the RPG things was a bit of an experiment, it's a little glance back to my ill-fated attemps to develop a style of my own 2 years or so ago. Here's a horrible example:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...piratos-02.jpg
    This is old crap, please don't laugh

Gridur - Dalarna no more, Im back in Gävle now.

Erilaz - These will be the longest 3 months ever known to man! I can't wait!

Denysiuk - Thanks, I could use it!

Dile - Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I envy your clean confident lines! The figure studies are a little rough, but I do think they manage to convey the pose pretty well even in their unfinished form. I also really like the little samarai dudes you've done in the top right corner, although one of them looks like he has a pegleg =P

I wouldn't laugh at your old stuff, they're pretty good! You can definitely see a huge improvement in anatomy though, you've come really far.

Chisa's Happy Place (sketchbook) | chisa@deviantart | The ChiGarden | sketchblog

SSG No. 17

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I plan on being like you in 2 years.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So:
    First of all I like it. Fast drawing of figure is preaty nice.. now some advices... I don't have mood to comment to long...

P.S. too small heads sometimes...

Peace

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really prefer your pencils to the colored stuff .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yup, i agree with the last post here. Your pencil works look better than the others. Don't get discouraged, and do both of them.

Cheers!

Check put my schetchbook if you please
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61551

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update.......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another batch.. life drawing and my little square bedside sketchpad.
    I have more stuff I want to dump here in the big sketchbook, but I need better light to take pics of the pages.

Chisa - Thanks! Line quality is still something I need to work hard on though.

Faust - Dude! It'll go much faster than that, you're a sketching machine my man!

Denysiuk - Thanks for the paintovers! Im so sloppy with the balance in figures sometimes, I should be ashamed. I don't really have any problems with fixing it if I put my mind to it, so it's really just laziness. Slap on the wrist for me!

Bhanu - Im still such a noob at colours it's not even funny.. glad you like my graphite though!

T-Raktor - Cheers man! Pencils are fun, but I love the feel of ink pen on rough paper

Faust - Sorry master, yes master..
    Seriously, sorry for my absence. I don't really have any excuses either, except that the weather is finally turning a little bit warmer here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, thx for the kind works

Strong update you have here, very nice foreshortening and gorgeous feet !

I like how you used the markers but is it just me or do those pictures get smaller and smaller?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn fine figure drawings!
    i really gotta shape up in that area!

love how you´ve done those grey marker/black pen ones! looks awesome!

i´ve dropped ya a pm btw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff with those markers... I must buy some to play with them
    and I like THIS http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...k/IMG_1342.jpg kind of shadowing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh uhm. I havent post so much here i see..
    well I gotta say good work
    I like your body studies, the y look good...
    its so hard to comment and qrit since its so good !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gorgeous figure drawings! I was really impressed with the foreshortening on this one. The last few pictures look interesting, are they original characters? I really like the pirate looking creature!

Sorry for not commenting earlier, I'll try keep an eye on everyone better now!

SSG No. 17

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impressive lifedrawings, the marker looks so free and flowing. This pose a little stiff, the rest look fine.

Are those character studies for a story?? They look like a cast fit to be on pirates of the carribean, the non-disney version ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am sorry I have forsaken you my brethren, but now I return, bearing gifts of love!

I have a whole pile of life drawing sessions I should look through for choice bits to scan, but here's a little appetizer.

And a series of pages from my sketchbook I bring to work.

Faust - Thanks! I've been trying more and more to take the time for hands and feet in even the fast poses.. and I think it shows in my work from scratch too.

Flaskpost - I still haven't seen you around at the monday night life drawing sessions.. what's up, dude?

Denysiuk - Thanks man. My shading and crosshatching has come quite far lately I think. Still have far to go though!

Dile - Thanks. If you keep your momentum up though, you'll be far beyond me in no time at all!

Chisa - the little faceshots are more or less original.. that one dude is a total conan ripoff though.
    The musketeer animal dude is a doodle for a friend's game concept. He had this really dark and gritty thing going on, but I think I convinced him a cartoonish look would suit it much better

Chichigo - You mean the old pirate people? They're for a game project in school.. the 3d faces from way back in the SB is from that game.

All comments and critiques are welcome! Hugs and cookies to all visitors!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Nice update ( yeah Im still on SSG17,I justt gotta get the code and put it into my sig..)
    I love the small dragons in the last update!, lovely design!
    (var i Sverige håller du hus ? )
    jag ska rita till pappert blir rött

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yoy, jummy mokeys, brother! Your lines are getting more hairy, lately, tho.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some more love

Dile - Glad you like em! Im in Gävle at the moment, but we'll see where I end up after the summer.

Faust - I don't know what's happening with my lines.. maybe it's because I'm thinking too much while I draw these days.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool SB That cluster of SPs is awesome, seems like you have the most difficulty with the nose though...
    keep it up!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.