Follows
    Following
    terranaut-vehicle

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Pulse is offline Worlds greatest dingo fighter Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new device that extinguishes flames (not a current one...derrr)/ device that changes a surrounding areas temperature

night vision goggles

new device that measures distance

restraining device for an animal/person

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    monstrometer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    machines after mankind- robots that exist after the extinction of man

parasitic machine- machine that enters the bloodstream and takes root in the body.

the tin man revamped- the tin man if he where functional.

beast powered vehicle-i mentioned this before, but i think that it is still a good concept. a vehicle that is powered by animals such as elephants, giant squids, flocks of birds, ect.

hidden robot- robots that are hidden or hard to see until needed, like in case of a robbery or something.

portal machine- a machine that makes portals

journey to the center of the earth- various machines that would be needed to dig the thousands of miles to the earths core

clockwork man- giant spring, gear, and ratchet powered robots used for labor.

flying aircraft carrier- a ship in the sky used as an air base for fighters and bombers.

land/sea/air vehicle- a vehicle that can traverse all mediums of transportation.

meat machine- machine that uses artificial or lab grown muscles to move

post mortem machines- human corpses that are given mechanical augmentation to power them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some good ideas here. i like the meat machine and journey to the center of the earth machine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how about a series of topics, something to help my Third Earth sketchbook. Maybe reflect into the other weekly design challenges. Consider this:

1000 years into the future, far beyond technology and what we know as the vision of the future to a world as a endless landscape of buildings. The society is harmonious of art, science, and religion. In their technology, a fluid biomechanica hybrid of both cybornetic sentinence and a living, breathing organism.

However, after a apocolyptic asteroid event drives out 95% of the world's population to escape to the stars, leaving behind others to fend for themselves in the aftermath.

Time passes, almost 3000 years since the disaster.

The ones who left for the stars, The Journeymen (now, some hyper-advanced hybrid of fluid machine and bioorganism. More or less human a result of living in space and alien breeding with various advance humaniod alien cultures) return to Earth, after hundreds of years of searching for their vestigial home. Upon landing, they find the distant descendants of the survivors, a culture of technologically inclined primatives in a vast, lush jungle planet (Earth undergone a climate hyper-restoration from the greenhouse gases. The planet's landmasses are 80% covered in thick woodlands, wild jungles, or dark forests of immense trees of at least 100 feet. The animals have balloned in size, almost 100 fold their present sizes. Imagine a spotted salamander a 100 feet long!)

The primatives discover one Journeyman sent on a mission of discovery and peace. The Journeyman (for the story's purpose, I'll name Anuk.) is taken into the cultures of various clans around whats left of the world: North America's wastelands; the myst-shrouded ruins of Asia; etc...

He takes sketches in his digital log to take back interpretative accounts from the planet before he is to return to the stars.

So, yes, think a bit future anachronism: hover sailcraft, propelled by a thrust vector but steered by a animal hide sail (IDW idea?). Tribal clansmen herding immense reptiles and mammals to power huge convoys in the dense of the jungles (CDW / CHOW)...

Well i hope this starts some ideas...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voyager Lightship:

A futuristic interplanetary exploratory vessel used to discover, explore, and research surface of alien planets, similar to an airship, however implements anti-gravity technology. *extreme scale

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Low-tech moving statue
    Futuristic mummification tools
    Apocalypse Machine
    The Learning Chair
    Life Suit
    Bio-Bomb
    Upside down Skyscaper

64% of all percentages are made up on the spot.

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...06#post1686206

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry if I go over someone else's idea. Here's some that are a bit more on the everyday useful things.

Dragon/dino harness and saddle
    Homework bot- does your homework a style for both genders maybe?
    Peasant's comb and/or mirror (mideval)
    Walking powered energy pack- animal or human/alien
    Remote controller - allows you to control other people by remote control
    Street cleaner
    Pen and/or scissors for a clawed species
    Animal shoes- like for horses that need no forging
    Homicidal hamster cage- okay, the homicidal is optional
    Tutu
    Throne of bones

dark eagle is offline i hatea the italino sterotypes ina da soc'ty Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hard one.

Mobile transport for the future.
    Should be small, compact and not get in your way.
    fast but very easy to control.
    not as big as a car. if you want for extra toughness fits inside a backpack. or med size bag.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Deep space communications array.

Submarine aircraft carrier.

Organic anti tank weapons platform.

living grenades.

Combat grade vehicle repair drone.

Archimedes grand solar weapon (period correct design).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A collapsable sword with a crystalline blade, but there's a catch: It cannot be a lightsaber. It can also be a spear or an axe, if you don't like the sword. As for the aesthetics, it can be science-fiction, renaissance, modern, or what not. I don't know if anyone will like this, but this is just my opinion.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Ebony Horse. First introduced in the Thousand and One Arabian Nights story of the same name, the titular horse was a machine constructed by an ancient kingdom long before the Persian Empire. Capable of both supersonic and interstellar flight it was said to "fly the distance of a year in only a day". The story itself doesn't go into too much detail of how the horse is capable of flight so anything can go. The design of the horse is also open although it must contain either Persian or Sumerian design.

And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about assassination shoe?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some idea;s

-the device that will cause the end of the world

-future public transportation

-public transportation from earth to a (human)spacestation

-the deathtickler (futuristic device?)

-an alien musicinstrument

-an alien dildo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Squirrel deterrent system (Garden Protection)

Needed urgently, with great vengeance and FURIOUS anger.

____________________________,

Mark's new sketchpad (March1st) | Art blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Large Long Distance Space Transport (Earth to some distant livable ready planet)
    Requirements ?: Engine / power source ?

This Vehicle Carries anywhere from 100,000 to One Million plus poeple through space over a prolonged period of time launching from Sol (our solar system) to a distant world. What Sustains this Vehicle, is it a living city in space or are most the passenger sleeping until arrival 1000 years from launch ?
    What makes this ship worth traveling on to a new world for ? Is it a cheap ship , high class , or do all classes live/travel on it ? Like people came from the East & West to America or to Australia , what is the reason for this Vehicle, Is it a Prisoner/criminal Transport, or something more like the Titanic ? that just happened to sink. Why does it go where it goes and what does it carry, What is the power source/s ?

note: I have been reading a lot of science fiction and Fantasy recently.
    ^_^

Last edited by Mr_S_14; January 7th, 2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Remove Signature

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Beast
    Re-design the president's car.

Because, let's face it, The Beast needs a face-lift.

____________________________,

Mark's new sketchpad (March1st) | Art blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Some of might have noticed, but the Industrial Design of the Week activity is nearing it's 100th round. Following the tradition of Cow, Eow and Chow which have already had their 100th round celebration, I was thinking IDW needs something similar.

As with round 50, where the topic was to come up with an avatar and banner for this activity, I think round 100 should have a similar goal. IDW needs a new face

I haven't had time to think all that much about a possible topic for the round yet though, which is why I post this here. If you have any ideas for the 100th round, post it! There's still a few weeks to go but I'd like as many opinions as possible.

...I'll look into having prizes for the winners too, but I won't promise anything yet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hermes' shoes - Hermes, the greek god, had shoes he could fly around with. Could be interpreted in different styles: futuristic rocketboots, steampunk or the old mythological ones...

Poseidons trident - same as above

not really something for #100, but maybe for the mean time...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Steampunk Hot rod set in the 1820s, built by an eccentric billionaire speed demon...

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Instrument of hell, the opposite of the heavenly harp.

Star Wars pod racer. Sorry, got Star Wars on my mind by the sith lord topic.

Last edited by LORD M; March 1st, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since the BBC has rumored redesigning the tardis, why not have people draw their own.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Uniforms.

Come up with a hierarchy, create summer and winter versions. Headgear is optional, but there must be a way to distinguish clearly who is what, and where they are in the terms of chain of command.

Decorations and other merits must be included, for a minimum of three. Equipment is optional.

It doesn't have to be military, it could also apply to civilian organizations. Doesn't have to be human either.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Brain Storming Ideas for the IDW 100 Yoitisi mentioned:
    A "non-Violent", Yet highly competitive Civilization has colonized a High Gravity World and Requires Transportation and Sport(racing) Vehicles for Ground/Land and Water. Design Two ? Vehicles for such purposes either Two Vehicles for one Environment with distinct cultural design differences or Two Vehicles; One for Each Terrain Water and Land. Edit: It wouldn't necesarrily have to be high gravity, just something that makes the planet distinct from earth.

Or another not entirely seperate Idea: Design Vehicles that Incorporate (Water+Land) , (Land+Air) or (Water+Air) Vehicles are designed for use in each/either environment.

Also, It may be cool to combine two distinct elements/ideas into one.
    Such as Cell phone/spaceship. Or a Giant cellphone that happens to be a spaceship or Car or Boat. Basically find two objects/ideas and make them into one, Like The blackberry, A phone/Email/Internet. At one point everything was once seperate now it's all becoming one item Everything in one.

Something that Combines two unique recognizable elements or objects in a unique and new thing.
    Anyways, these previous ideas are more sciencefiction, Could also go the entirely opposite way by choosing a Mythological Character and/or Story and Designing a semipractical object of the characters'.

Other Ideas include: Invent a new entirely human/terrain powered vehicle/sport
    Like the Skateboard , Rollerblades, Rollerskates, Bicycle, Surfboard, Snowboard, Hangliding, Parachuting, Windsurfing.
    Only New and different.

Last edited by Mr_S_14; March 10th, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon ideas

1.hibernation tank
    2.cryostasis caupsule
    3.cloning machine
    4.deep sea explorer capsule
    4.interstella shuttle
    5.compact wrist storage

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up I.D.W.#?: Car

Umm, how about a Car, it doesn't have to have exactly four wheels just three or more to keep it from being a motorcycle ? Topic would be any Time period; future, present, or past. Or Culture alien, imaginary, magic, sci-fi. Also, any Purpose; Street driving, racing,or roadless terrain.
    Not only that but cars also contain all the elements of design, Not only do people think about How it looks when selecting a vehicle to buy, but also what/how they'll use it, and how it works. Such as "visceral (appearance), behavioral (how the item performs) and reflective (what the product evokes in the user in terms of self-image or individual satisfaction."(Title: Emotional Design).
    Also, during Illustration cars generally require the use of all the basic art foundations, perspective, color, form, reflection, lighting. etc.
    Anyways, Although cars aren't really my "thing", I do think it would be an excellent subject for IDW,especially if it hasn't been done yet.

It seems pretty basic at first, but the Illustration of an original car concept could really bring in some unexpected and unique designs.
    ~Mr_S_14

Last edited by Mr_S_14; March 17th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

Ink-Ronin is offline Gleefully ObserviNg eyeZ Of the sahasrara Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aight, here's one i been thinkin about...

Single-person anti-matter mode of transportation

"I don't DO drugs, I Am drugs..."
    - Salvador Dali

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    the Industrial Design of the Week activity is nearing it's 100th round. If you have any ideas for the 100th round, post it!
    I'll suggest the obvious, that the 100th topic should be very archetypical; Something to encourage a lot of participation and to make for an iconic IDW mascot (e.g. Medusa of Chow).

Couple quick ideas: perpetual motion machine, giant fighting robot (mecha), steampunk airship, hover speeder, face-melting gun, etc. Or maybe a more specific, less cliche version of those

Or something mythological: Excalibur, Mjolnir, wings of Icarus, etc.

Or you could tickle the inner nerd: design your own Transformer (perhaps too character oriented for IDW), redesign an Xwing/Tiefighter, Dune harvester/carryall/ornithopter, War Machine's armor for the upcoming Iron Man 2, etc

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ArmoredGorilla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sum ideas,non-definit names:

- Instellar Cruise Missile \ Ballistic (?) Missile \ WMD
    - Space Artillery \ Heavy Fire Support \ Global Bombing Device
    - Hyperspace Submarine \ Subspace Bombing \ Dimension Diving Torpedo \ Time Space Jumping Bombing Device Weapon System \ Assasination Vessel
    - Hunter \ Stealth Searcher \ Omniwatching Guard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast