Thread: Composition

Thanks

Composition

Kasap, CCThrom, thanks alot guys. I've taken your suggestions in mind and brought the picture to the next stage.

Composition

1st Panel: Any tips/opinions on the textures for their clothes? I'm using micron technical pens and would like to get a dark solid feel for the guy walking. For the homeless guy I'm not so sure...a shaky sort of shading.

2nd panel: I'm thinking about doing some heavy shading on the guy and his cup to make him pop out in the FG. Beyond that...I tried to make sky/clouds in the BG but I don't think I got it.

3rd panel: The homeless guy doesn't have any texture/shading on him yet and I almost like it because it really makes him stand out. Any ideas for this panel?

I have to take one of the three and enlarge and really go to town on it. I'm thinking the first one because I really dislike the perspective and want to fix it.

Hey! Been awhile since I've had anything worthy of posting to CA. Most of my assignments have been fairly straight forward for me with the exception of composition class. I'm surprised I didn't think of this earlier because I feel slightly lost in that class.

Composition

and this is an alternate. Now she didn't outright say we could split a panel...but I don't think she said we can't. I guess I just like the flow a little more.

Composition

Any feedback/tips on composition or what I could be thinking about as I create these panels would be most appreciated!
    Last edited by Ian Mack; October 31st, 2005 at 03:45 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hi, i got a few suggestions, for the first panel i would crop the picture more to the left corner so you only see the bum , cup and person walking in from the right, (you dont need to see that it is a street you tell that in the second panel with the totale shot) and the bum would be more sitting more comfortable ( he's sitting there a while)
    the second panel has no clear point of attention, meaning where should i look? to the tram or the dude on the bike, you could change this panel for a point of view from the back of the bum who is then watching the person walking away towards the horizon.
    the third panel, there you have some bad cutoffs like the head of the bum and his right foot and its not clear if he is mad or crying. hope this is helpful.

Thanks
    In the first panel, You've cut the walking guy's head at a very uncomfortable spot, right about where his mouth ought to be. Generally when cropping a person's face, you crop just under the nose if you don't want the face to show or somewhat above the eyes. Personally, I think if you want to increase the sense of the bum's isolation, consider pulling the walking guy forward (making him bigger in the frame) and cropping between chest and shoulder... no partial headshot needed.

I agree that the lower split panel works better than the top center, where the trolley parallels the frame too closely. The split panel also makes the bum's attutude more clear. That small panel where he's looking into the empty cup is really nice.

The last panel doesn't bother me so much, except that there's a tangent-kiss where the bum's ear touches the frame.
    "Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Right on, thanks for your help guys. You've made some excellent suggestions. I'll be sure to post up the new version when it's done.

Thanks
    *bump*