Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread - Sept 28 Exhibition + Commissioned Work Tests!

Thanks
    Whoa! Cool process! Thanks for sharing Tensai!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    great updates since I last checked your thread long time ago.. looove your ityscape drawings..

Thanks
    The acrylic transfer tip is hot. thank you, gotta try that out.
    Your style is so dope, reminds me of the first Heavy Metal movie a bit.

Thanks
    Wow - glad so many people got excited about the walk-through. Hope some people will try and play with it a bit.

Kian - thanks man, hope youíre doing good.

elisa - glad you like that bag. I do want to do some more of them, or perhaps on another surface. I just havenít had the time yet.

Bojee - hey bro, somehow marker blender doesnít work with the copies you get from the copy machines over here. You can do multiple transfers with this technique as well though.

Shylone Breath - well do make sure you show me what you get out of it. Iím really curious what everybody gets out of it.

ItachiD - glad you liked it.

fooxoo - please do. It looks a bit elaborate cause I took photos of every single step, but itís quite quick and easy (well, except for getting rid of all traces of paper perhaps )

Mr.Blonde - thank you sir, you know I absolutely love your stuff! You are churning out some exciting stuff man.

feeesh - ha, yeah Iím away from Tokyo for about a week now and I already miss it. Although Paris is really cool as well. Iíll talk to you more later man. Keep up the good work at Gnomon.

van - love you right back van! Love where you are going with your paintings lately.

Alday.J - hope youíre ok J. Iím in Paris right now and really want to go out and do some city sketching but I got a bad case of food poisoning so Iím tied down in my hotel. really frustratingÖ

JAIR428 - thanks for dropping by man. Iíll drop in with another crit when I have something useful to say (can take some time hehe). Keep up the good work.

JERI - cheers, make sure to give it a try...

WhiteC - cheers, make sure to give it a try...

pennington - hey man. Thanks for commenting, you are always such an enthusiastic guy. And I can sure use a lift right now so, thanks!

Idiot Apathy - you are totally right there. Although I see it as a series where I try to show city lifewithout showing living people, I do need to start working on combining them tooÖ good point.

sabe2003 - cheers sabe. Iím sure thats undeserved, but thanks...

Magic Man - cheers for dropping by mate. Keep up working that cool painting technique your experimenting with man. Truly inspiring stuff.

Joe Hell - thanks man.

max xiantu - glad you like some of my doodles man. Havenít had the chance to see the heavy metal movie. Iíll try to see if they have it here in Japan.

Man, there is so much Iíd like to show but that has to wait a bit. We finished another shoe prototype and it looks really cool. Itís a perspex transparent sole construction and it sort of looks like a concept car. I also did six full illustration pages for a pop star over here in Japan but I cant show those till theyíre published.

I do have some really crappy figure drawing sketches I can show. Thanks to purb who found these really cool ateliers here in Tokyo Iíll be practicing my figure drawing skills as soon as I get back homeÖ

I fully realize how bad these are since itís been such a long time, but I thought I should show these so that we can see some improvement in the near futureÖ I think I was going back and forth between trying to measure accurately and just letting my line flow - should have just gone for one or the other...

These range from 10 minutes, to 5 minutes to 3 minute poses.

Comments and crits as always appreciated...
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    great stuff allround, i love the acrylic transfer thing ! sweet lines

Thanks
    I'm surprised your not into these, there's a real nice sense of weight in them. Nice lines too. Thanks for stoppin in at my book, I totally agree with your crit, sometimes it's hard to find a focal point in nature, for me at least. Keep up the great work, it's nice to have you posting again.
    "absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    I heavily admire this type of work + patience, amazing.

Thanks
    excellent mate!, thanks for putting acrylic medium transfer tut and also for updating us

cheers

Thanks
    lok

these figures drawn in the dark red color are really, really sharp. not sure exactly what it is about them but i feel like that color is working out really well for you...as always i'm enjoying watching your exciting and forays into image-making.

big props on putting down that tutorial for us too...such generosity! I'm definitely going to try that out!

Quote Originally Posted by tensai
    I also did six full illustration pages for a pop star over here in Japan but I cant show those till they’re published.

CAN'T WAIT that's gonna be awesome, love that whole graphic aspect of your works, mang.

gugg

Thanks
    niiiiice, t. hope youre havin fun all over europe. rock the world and bring some back witcha. great sketches man, i didnt say so at the time before. i really like the ones of that dude in the trenchcoat. like? i mean love! boku ga ebisu no kurokki kurasu ni mo ikkai itte kara, mou sukoshi narete kite, ii ne to omou. kaettara isshoni ikkou yo. ki wo tsukette kaette ne. jya.
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Really interesting environments. Like Schiele. Your figures approach the interest but don't quite make it, keep plugging.
    Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Everybody knows how easy it is to get rusty at figure drawing, but I think a lot of these are really successful. Like this one and this one. Really captured the gesture.
    Always a pleasure to see what up in here!

Thanks

tadaima

sooner than expected i'm back in tokyo from a trip to paris and amsterdam. i got a great 24 page illustration/art direction gig that's gonna keep me busy this month. it's gonna be a real hectic time but of course i'm excited as hell.

i'm still scanning and gathering files bit i'll post some random sketches from paris and amsterdam, some sketches and prototype from a shoe construction i did with my father, and finally some sketches and finals for an assignment i did before leaving japan.

first some replies:

rodrigo! - cheers mate. you have great stuff going on in your book.

Bojee - alan, hey man. thanks for pushing me to post again. what i was struggling most with was what i was going for. i kept changing pencil and didn't know how long we had. it went a bit better later on but i still thought things could have been a lot better. thanks for the boost though - i do agree now that i look at them again.

Asoir - thanks man. would love to know what 'type of work' this is?

Shinryu - glad you liked it man. would love to see some updates from you...

gugg - that dark red colour is sanguine in a pencil. it's quite hard (as in not 6b or 9b quality) but you can get some nice lines out of it...
    do try out the tutorial. a lot of peeps seem to love it but i havent seen too many people playing with it yet. check andy p's book to see what he did with it though.. perhaps i described it too precise and it looks like a chore. its fun to do. play around with it some time.

purb - thanks man, i really think just going there regularly will be a lot of fun. i will definitely try to make it. ja, doyoubi matta aimashou...

Listing - i just talked to quite some designers and artists in the netherlands
    and a lot seem to like the portraits, saying i should get into them. i'm not sure i agree but it's apparently such a matter of taste. personally i think i've got a long way to go with both the environments and the peeps, thank god...

Andy P - cheers man. love what you're doing in your book. its great to have some more illustration oriented sketchbooks around - i'm learning a ton from just checking your shit...

ok - like i said, this is a first batch of random sketches, done on the train, plane, dinner table, standing, waiting etc. (i realized i'm probably not the greatest dinner companion...) some i like, some have huge problems. but all of these were done just to keep going and to not get bored... so don't read too much into these.

comments and crits as always appreciated...
    Last edited by tensai; October 26th, 2006 at 04:06 AM.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast