Deep sea encounter
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Deep sea encounter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Deep sea encounter

Hi, I'm doing excersises like this one to practice illustration. Not really finished, but I feel half way stuck. Its inspired by the deep sea c.o.w.

Some things on it I like, other I don't, but I can't really say what... I think it may be too overall dark and not enough lighted areas... also maybe the color choices are off. My idea was to use cold lights/warm shadows for the guy, warm lights/cold shadows for the girl. I don't know if I'm achieving this, or if its even a good idea.
    Also the compostion looks boring now that I look at it... maybe I should have brought one charachter closer to the viewer. I don't know.

Please, if you can take the time to give me some crits on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't tell what's going on...You may want to brighten or lighten this piece up overall just so we can make out the composition...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Kanji, I wanted to make the figures blend with the dark background but I see I went overboard. I will try to lighten it up overall, and on some areas more than others as well now that I think about it.

EDIT: the thing is, I dont want to loose the deep sea feel... I dont know how to resolve this yet, keep the image dark enough but also light it enough at the same time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.