Thanks

Unfair Bosses Shorten Lifespan.

Linky

Unfair boss could shorten your life: study

2 hours, 16 minutes ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) - That crummy boss in the window office could be slowly killing you, according to a study of British workers published on Monday.

Researchers in Finland who did the study found that workers who felt they were being treated fairly had a much lower incidence of coronary heart disease, the leading cause of death in all Western societies.

"Most people care deeply about just treatment by authorities," study author Mika Kivimaki of the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health wrote in this week's Archives of Internal Medicine. "Lack of justice may be a source of oppression, deprivation and stress."

People consider that they are being treated fairly at work when they believe their supervisor considers their viewpoint, shares information about decision-making and treats individuals fairly and in a truthful manner, the study said.

The researchers tracked the 10-year incidence of heart disease in over 6,400 male civil servants in London who had been polled on their perceived level of justice and injustice in the workplace.

"In men who perceived a high level of justice, the risk of coronary heart disease was 30 percent lower than among those who perceived a low or an intermediate level of justice," the researchers said.

That finding was not accounted for by other risk factors, from age and socioeconomic status to cholesterol levels, alcohol consumption and physical activity, the authors said.

Rania Sedhom, a labor and employment attorney with Meyer Suozzi English & Klein in New York who commented on the research, said a parallel study in the United States could find even more dramatic results because of the longer American work day.

Honestly, unfair bosses also inadvertently shortern their own lives. Fastest result would of course be having a disgruntled employee carrying a Glock to work (that would be my option should I snap). Long term would be having to tolerate people like Magicman's former (or was it soon to be former) staff who basically stays on the payroll to seriously fuck up the workflow.

In any case if you can't do anything about unfair bosses in real life.....here's an alternative.

Whack Your Boss

I'm sure most are familiar with this classic.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Is this what you do when you become a research scientist - get to work on BULLSHIT and USELESS studies like this?
    Dont we have more urgent stuff to be worried about? I can't tell you how many times Ive heard these things...
    One day (insert choice of food or drug) it lowers your chance of heart disease and will improve your cholesterol... a month later...its gonna kill you....who are these idiots that pour money into studies like this? is there a quota they have to fill?

"lack of justice may be a source of stress."...no FU#$&^ shit!

and then after all those years of study...they list so many outside factors that effect the precentages that the numbers become absolutely meaningless...

Thanks
    jerry its really you who causes shorter lifespan!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre
    Linky

Unfair boss could shorten your life: study

CHICAGO (Reuters) - That crummy boss in the window office could be slowly killing you, according to a study of British workers published on Monday.
    That does it, I'm gonna be retarded employee in order to kill him back.

Thanks
    And yet we all knew this already.. deep down..our boss was trying to kill us all along.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JERI
    That does it, I'm gonna be retarded employee in order to kill him back.

word...
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.