E.O.W Round 1: The Titan Fortress - THE BIG VOTE!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Titan Fortress!

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • OREGANO

1 0.86%
  • PHATandy

0 0%
  • llothcat

0 0%
  • Sinix

4 3.45%
  • princeofhappiness

0 0%
  • MIKECORRIERO

1 0.86%
  • Mitze

0 0%
  • koshime

5 4.31%
  • Vimmzy

0 0%
  • PolinaH

0 0%
  • FORM

3 2.59%
  • ecsdesigns

43 37.07%
  • Johannes

0 0%
  • artkitty

17 14.66%
  • Red_Rook

5 4.31%
  • Pootle

1 0.86%
  • bwkeough

5 4.31%
  • OLSEN

12 10.34%
  • Hideyoshi

14 12.07%
  • voraz

0 0%
  • bumskee

5 4.31%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E.O.W Round 1: The Titan Fortress - THE BIG VOTE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

E.O.W Round 1: The Titan Fortress - THE BIG VOTE!

E.O.W Round 1: VOTING THREAD

TOPIC:
    The Titan Fortress

Deadline For Voting: Saturday 29th October

Please vote for your personal favourite artwork from this round. Please remember that your vote should reflect an equal weight of aesthetic impact, adherance to the brief, and idea development.

Your votes will be public.
    Please help strengthen the activity by leaving criticism for the artist you vote for, and for any other artworks you can manage!

posting thread: (closed)

------------------------------

Oregano

PHATandy

The Titan Fortress.

Towering above the ground below, in the mountains among the clouds, The Titan Fortress Resides. A homeplace for the New World Government and Ministry of World Defense, the councils in place hold almost all the power in the world, and are situtuated closely together within the fortress. There almost godlike status to the planets people, and there castle among the heavens, lends to the name, The Titan Fortress.

llothcat

This is one of the remants of the great Irish empire..before the warriors found whiskey...it was found recently on an island named Tir Na Nor. Everyone on Ireland was amazed. Apparently they had completely forgotten the location of both the island and the fortress for the past 2000 years.

Sinix

Established on one of the main moons of Saturn in the year 2176, the titan fortress is the most distant attempt at colonization mankind has made to date. The large biodomic structure is currently inhabited by over 3 dozen pioneers and may become the standard for future endeavors into the outer reaches of our solar system.

princeofhappiness

The Year 3600 is the year of war and destruction. As our planet continues to be plundered and damaged by war and greed, scientists have predicted a series of subsequent earthquakes in different parts of the world that will destroy 70% of all life on earth. Furthermore, they have also predicted the superexplosion of the planet.

China, one of the world's superpowers have decided to research and build a galactic fortress which would house its population, in order to ensure the survival of its race.. This is a preliminary design.

MIKECORRIERO

In the year 2099 societies have broken allegiances with all countries and bonds have been formed between individuals, separate organizations have been created to maintain the law within their local residences. The largest of these organizations are the titans, their home fort is a massive industrial structure kind of the opposite of our modern day white house if you will. This fortress is home to its members as well as a manufacturing company for mechs, vehicles, weapons and nuclear devices.

Mitze

The Emperor Titan build a mighty fortress to show off his powers. The world-renowned architect Xiang-Ki was commissioned to build it. But the emperor was not happy as the entrance ended up in a big puddle Xiang-Ki argued he was not responsible to build connecting roads to public highways and that was the corporation’s job lengthy litigations preceded.

koshime

On the edge of the world, stands the Aesir mountains where a ancient construct stands since ancient times representing a symbol of the borders between the land of the unbroken and the forest world of Nine

Vimmzy

Levicorp's main office, built in 2024. This golden skyscraper, measuring 1435 meters and 629 storeys, is commonly known as The Titan tower. After inventing the levidome, a semireality fighting simulator where you can move your body just like in those chinese Kung-fu movies, Levicorp started to make huge profits. After only one year on the market they could afford this monstrous office, with the top 500 floors serving as accomodation for the employees

PolinaH

Deep beneath the water of the Mid Atlantic Ocean lies the titan fortress Alexia. It was said that when one is caught by a titan he is tooken to their to live the rest of eternity in pain and torture

Form

The initial landfall colony, Outreach, grew so quickly that control measures were made essential. Three years after colonisation, the construction of three titan fortresses began.. the behemoth structures were placed at the triangular extremities of Outreach, key defensive positions in the fight against the ever encroaching white three. The titan fortresses were created with military capability sufficient to repel any invasion thought capable by their enemies, however it was corruption from within that eventually caused these massive black spheres to fall flaming from the skies. During the construction, dissident colonists had placed teleportation lines hidden between the thick exoskeletal layers of the fortresses. Seventeen weeks after construction finished, dissidents began migrating one by one inside. The fortresses, initially constructed as unmanned weapons platforms, now housed increasing numbers of the dissidents daily, hidden from the colony inside their own defense system. During the invasion of the white three, the dissidents turned the defense systems on their own city, hoping to be embraced by the three for aiding in their otherwise unsure victory.

The white three, however, showed no mercy to the dissidents, and slaughtered them inside their titan fortresses, watching as the three pinnacles of human achievement fell in flaming arcs across the night sky.

This is the last photo on record, three days prior to the invasion of the white three... it shows the titan fortress "Zulu" during a routine border scan. At this time, approximately forty-thousand dissidents are approximated to have been inside.

ecsdesign

After the cataclysmic 3rd World War a new era began. The only untainted land, the modern city of Natus, became the heart of the new military world order with Titan Fortress the centre of strategic operations.

Johannes

Titan is one of 18 moons to the giant gasplanet Saturn. Which in turn is the sixth planet in from the star "sun" in the "solar system". The Titan Fortress is located on an asteroid circuling in geostationary orbit to titan and is and have excellent facilities for the traveller. The long-since outdated fortress was allegedly built by an ancient race, that called themselves "Man" and is thought to have come from the now long since dead planet "Tellus" the third planet from
    the star "Sun". It is the only place worth visiting in the Solar System and an excellent stop on the way for the traveller.

artkitty

The colonists of Aridzona, driven from their flimsy pre-fab housing by harsh weather and hostile natives, took up residence in the mummified carcass of the ancient Titan. Providing shade, shelter, and a keen view of any aboriginal raiding parties, the fortress enabled the colonists to survive the first of many blazing summers. Scraps of metal strung from the ancient bones spook any of the superstitious natives who venture too close- and the mounted guns deter the rest.

Red_Rook

Gate 42 of the titan fortress allowing entry to craft with only the appropriate identification signature.

The "gates" a complex series of above ground outposts provide one of the few visible parts of the titan fortress which expand for a massive distance underground (gate 42 being about 63km from the known center) intelligence reports suggest that it is entirely self sufficent, not just in the realms of sustinance but also concerning research and developement of new technologies, as it is rumored to be in league with the Taima Initiative and various other large corporations. Its suspected to have personel some where between two hundred thousand to ninehundred and fifty thousand, and easily enough equipment to wage a medium size war against almost any opponent.

Pootle

The Titan fortress lies within the mountain kingdom of Oroth. There are few natural resources so life is tough and conflict has become a way of life; the serenity of the mountains is deceptive. The fortress is elemental, and the path almost impenetrable, guarded by tests of the ancient elements; earth, air, fire and water. As gods the Titans have little need for a defensive fortress; tradition dictates that they grant and audience to all who reach this enclave. Few set out on the trecherous journey, still fewer return.

bwkeough

The shining towers of the Gilded Isle rise above the Golden Gulf like myriad fingers of ladies' lace gloves. For centuries, the Merchant Princes have held this fortified island, the bank-vault of their empire. In the dusty counting rooms, gloomy silence reigns; broken only be the quiet click and clack of the abacus or soft shuffle of dry papyrus promissory notes, liens, leases and litigations. Many a covetous eye has stared from the mainland, plotting larceny. Not a few have attempted the burglary, some even made it on to the sea-swept shores, only a handful breached the walls and none have escaped with their lives, let alone the fortune they sought. Some whisper that even the Pirate Kings fear to try their luck, other say nay, they are in the pocket of the fat merchants, part of the Gilded Isle's defense.

OLSEN

The Titan Fortress, an early space era E.O.W (Earth to Orbit Waypoint) structure built on terraformed Mars 2445. Its most important feature is its massive array of space elevators, allowing it to process up to 990 simultaneous earth to orbit transfers and making it vital for the planets mineral export. The structure is physically locked to a spacestation, constantly ready to distribute everything that comes up the pipe to the galactic trade network. It also houses a large military garrison that patrols the ground based trade routs connected to the fortress.

Hideyoshi

Titanium X-Arches: Neo-Tokyo has been leading in producing the world's largest megastructures ever since. In 2051, Crystal Intrusanet Corp. invented a new Titanium alloy that lead to creating a new form of high-tech living facilities yet only being available to the upper class who could afford it. The so-called X-Arches are small cities in their own providing enormous living space and a versatility of convenience goods. These Titan fortresses are planned to being established in all the global power-states by the end of 2070.

voraz

This is were the Largos, a race of hominid-like warriors, also known as Titans due to their huge physical completion in comparation with other species of the planet. In generall are 3,5 to 4,8 metters tall, weight about between 800 to 3000 Kg. They are fierce warriors and control the faith of the planet by the force of fire and steel. Weaker species use gerrilla techniques to resist the Titans, so the need of heavy garded fortresses.

bumskee

Located on the rocky terrains of Mt Ikkii, this fortress is the home of the mountain trolls known as the titans. The exact origin of the fortress is unkown, but a myth tells a story of the titan god in effort to protect his people from the neighbouring enemies have erected the fortress from the earth. Allowing his people to be protected behind the massive walls.

Last edited by Form; October 23rd, 2005 at 02:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Polinah, i couldnt get your link to work... could you please PM me with the full link including [IMG] tags.. ive tried every combination from the link in the info window...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    look at all my consecutive posts!!!

my vote went to artkitty, it just has a great mood of nostalgia for me - i love those environments that feel like so much interesting cool stuff is packed into one pre-rendered game background!! I could explore that thing all day. Fantastic!!

Rook: yours had that same feeling for me, really has that 'x' factor with the interesting geography... makes it feel lived in.

Voraz: i love that style, the bengalesque look... and the 'shell' like feeling of those walls is great.

I couldnt have hoped for a better turnout round one, i hope all of you and more participate in round 2!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to Vote for Artkitt!! so I did. hehe.. I went with artkitty because it's so original.. yeah and the whole piece just worked for me.. even though I like to paint mine dark I prefer light scenes.. beautifully done!

Form, loved yours, I think it's one of the best paintings you've done. nice one! must be brush *ahem*

ecsdesign, beautiful scene, the water reflection is superb but I thought that spcae ship just took a little too much from the magnificence of the fortress.

OLSEN, love it, sparth feel to it!

Hideyoshi, nice scene!!

to the #2 of EOW.. awsome work everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Koshime got my vote.. It just looks damn good and I think it will work great as a mascot for this event.

Thanks bumskee, I'm most definitly influenced by Sparth when it comes to doing enviros. Love his work.

I'll write some crits when I get back from work, but now it's pocorn selling me for me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    red rook got my vote, i really like what he did. As form said, it is really interesting, you wanna go check it out.. and i also like the concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Olsen.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but your design looks like a big sword. Like as if a titan shoved it into the planet and the people created a fortress or city out of it. (I thought that was inspiring)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote goes to artkitty, i really love the design and the idea is cool. But the actually painting is top quality the colours and really well done and it looks very profesional.

Very good entries by Rook, Olsen, Bwkeough - Awesome job.
    Excellent work byt everyone though... puts my enviro abilities to shame .

GJ.

Andrew Porter - Andy - Phandy - PHATandy

www.phandy.co.uk

BLOG

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Form, thanks for the compliment. I tryed to keep it simple and with a cartoon like feeling but I guess it could use more work, specially with the painting part, though I don't think it came out that bad!

I voted for Red Rook, I really liked the idea and I thought it was a very original design. Though I was very indecisive between that one and the one's from ECSdesign and Hideyoshi, really liked them a lot.
    The one from ECSdesign kind a reminds me of the Immortals from Bilal (with the difference that the piramid is not in the air).

Anyway, great work everybody.
    Others I also like a lot are:
    Sinix
    Artkitty
    bwkeough (just wanted to say that some of the towers look flatter, like the one's in the left, I think because they didn't get the shading like the one's in the middle.
    Olsen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I had no time to finish off my entry, but those who did, excellent work! I couldnt decide between a few, and eventually I just had to go with the one I first thought was the best, which was Olsen. I really like the idea, the description makes me want to see the rest of the structure. I thought the design and colour scheme was quality as well and even though its a small point I like the fact the it's set in 2445, something about dates so far off in the future seem so appealing for some reason.

Thats also why I liked princeof happiness' entry. 3600 is sooo far into the future no one could possibly know what to expect. I would have really like to have seen this fortress in an environment, but the idea was good.

Other entries I had a hard time choosing between were form, ecsdesign, art kitty, and red rook. I was so close to voting for form, because your description was awesome, ecsdesign, your have some serious skill, and I bet that didnt take you long at all, but the description just didnt do it for me . Red rook and artkitty, again, really interesting concepts, but I could only choose one!

Would be good to see everyone making more extensive descriptions next time. Its so much fun reading them!

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went for ECSdesign, mainly because of the epic feel of the image, I thought Form's had the best back story though, particularly the political/human interest dimension. It really made me try to imagine the inside of the sphere.

Also really liked Artkitty's.

I'm not really in a position to offer useful crit yet but just wanted to say: I never thought getting completely blown out of the water could be so much fun, the voting/critting is really useful, just having to think about what/why I like stuff.

Kudos to Form for starting this up....long may it run!

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Went for Hideyoshi this round.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for Olsen - because it had the best atmospheric feel.

Runing close were ECS design for enviroment - but the use of a pyramid did not quite have the epic feel as suggested by the thread.

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ecs design did it for me. I think that the size of the structure is just magnified by the rest of the enviroment. same like Hideyoshi's. but the narration seemed right on. like yadam, I like quite a few a lot and had difficulty and went back to the first post that made me say, wow, I gotta get in on this.

lots of cool stuff in this, I am hoping this form takes off. I have been keeping an eye on the enviroment post in "its finally finished", just becuase this type of work is so great. looking forward to trying to be a poster. Thanx for all the great work peeps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ended up voting for bwkeough - I really liked the illustration style

Other favs were: artikitty, ecsdesign, OLSEN, bumskee, Red_Rook - and well, to be perfectly honest, everyone. I know, it sounds lame, but there you are.

Great work everyone!
    ~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hum...voted for Olsen...was quite undecided about whether I liked esc's or Olsen's better. Well, the latter had a bit more originality I think...
    Great work also from: Sinix, Koshime, Red-Rook and Bumskee!
    thx, Asoir!
    Off to the 2nd one! :-)

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for sinix cause I liked your colors. I would spend some more time on your concept and making the scene tell a story about what is happening there. Also was a little "Sparthish", but he's a master so if your learning from his style that's good.

Nice work everyone, keep em coming...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love most of these. I tried to narrow down my favorites to artkitty, ecsdesign, olsen, koshime, and red_rook. I could have gone with any of those, but I ended up picking ecsdesign for simply how inviting the overall mood felt this morning. Nice contest, looking forward to next week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for Bwkeough, liked both image and description + i think it will look very good in that little square nextto the rules

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my vote when to artkitty, I liked the non-traditional approach the topic most, but I think the values could have been stronger. I also really liked form, olsen and hideyoshi's images.

bee-dubya-keo
    neo•keo sketchbook
    http://keo-art.blogspot.com/
    http://brendankeough.com/

East meets West sketchbooks:
    Helzon - R.I.P. Redehlert Undertow Sartell BDFoster Anticonnor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by /ev; May 21st, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this isnt meant to prompt an argument, im just clarifying - these images dont particularly have to be concept art, simply finished illustrations pertaining to a breif. Artkittys entry would be an awesome illustration, furthermore it is fine as conceptart too, for the right project ( a pixar film for instance still requires stylised conceptart).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concerning the overall look and the composition of an enviroment design I think that ecsdesign did the best job. But the focus in the picture is not really on the "Titan Fortress" as such. So I voted for OLSEN, because of his skill and because he got to the point.
    (...but for beauty my vote would have gone to ecsdesign )

cheers!

"Happen to every guy sometimes this does."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for bumskee, but bwkeough was very close. I finally chose bumskee because I liked the mood more. bwkeough's is very nice designed, but I 'felt' bumskee's piece more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very tough decision between Hideyoshi and ecsdesign, but you can only vote for one, and in the end it was ecsdesign. Very nice entries!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for ecsdesign. Great work. Nice color choice, proportion and thechnical style. The concept of the work is well established and even though the mythical aspect of Titans are not really aborded, this work is providing a great alternative.

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ecsdesign got my vote. I loved Hideyoshis and koshimes paintings too but in my mind ecsdesign was the best of the bunch. Great work from all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I ended up voting for artkitty. Oh the irony that my comp would die on friday... now that I have it working again, I'll do the next one.

crits:

Oregano
    That's pretty damn good, dude. I love the sky, and the fortress. however, everything kinda seems to melt together on the left side of the picture, and the fortress doesn't really seem like a fortress. More of an obelisk.

PHATandy
    Very cool, but I wish you had rendered the entire piece equally. The lighting is weak on the buildings, while the linework on the rocks is nonexistent. Go for some consistency (unless it REALLY helps the concept along.)

llothcat
    Oh MAN this extreme angle lets you know JUST how freaking HUGE this thing is! Sadly, though, the fact that it's so extreme also makes me feel as though the piece is more about the point of view than the building itself.

Sinix
    Dude, you almost got my vote. Great work from you... Artkitty's was just way too original for me to pass (in terms of piece relating to topic)

princeofhappiness
    It LOOKS badass, certainly. But it also looks like a big glob of color. The lighting is fairly straightforward, and I don't exactly get the feeling that anyone could be living inside it, or even be inside it at all.

MIKECORRIERO
    Yours is also crazy good, mike, but I just don't personally like the palette you used. No personal reflection on your art; I just don't like those colors that much.

Mitze
    Very cool Mitze, but the scale of it is very difficult to tell. Are those small hills? Are they mountains? I'm lacking a point of reference here, and some definition. Great palette though.

koshime
    Only thing I can suggest for you is to watch the composition. Everything is sweeping upwards and to the right. Nice art though! I like the shape of the building itself.

Vimmzy
    Also great, but quite limiting. If it's part of a city, why don't we get to see what else it actually dwarfs? From our view, It's difficult to see that it's taller than the blue buildings around it, actually.

PolinaH
    uh, can't see your entry.

Form
    You get some serious props for originality. If this thing were more defined, or had more windows, or SOMETHING to show that things were inside of it, I would have had a MUCH harder time voting. Develop this further!

ecsdesign
    As soon as I saw yours, I loved it. The lights! The colors! the fog! The freaking ship! So cool, man. You stomped this topic damn good, but I had to vote for something more unusual this time. Great take on the topic.

Johannes
    mmm, a little sloppy. Planets are actually quite smooth; if a cue ball was the size of the earth (or vice versa) earth would be smoother. Same thing with the rock. Toss in some linework, use the circle tool for the planet, something. Just tighten up a bit.

artkitty
    Nice. NICE. sweet shit. oh GOD the colors and the lighting are fantastic. And in the belly of the titan beast! I personally think yours is the most crazy, unique designs in here. The houses and the truck tossed in for scale and the bright light shining things out make this a most excellent piece of work.

Red_Rook
    Oh MAN Rook... I knew you were gonna own this comp from the start after reading those popkes.. you've put in the time and the practice. On this one, it really comes down to concept for you. When I first saw the image, I thought (wow, that's damn cool. Wait up... which one's the fortress? Is that a spaceship crashed into the mountain?) for you, I was just confused for a bit... so no vote this round. Good piece though, man... you should slap that into your portfolio.

Pootle
    Same crit as Johannes... you need to tighten up a bit. I can see the edges where things that are supposed to be separate are now blending.

bwkeough
    VERY nice... but it seems like you got lazy the further down and to the left you went. The rendering and colors are so vibrant on the upper right, but on the left it's quite flat. also, if the moon is on the left side, why is the light on the right? It doesn't exactly strike me as daytime.

OLSEN
    Oh BADASS. props to ya. I can just SEE all of those inner workings there... I can make out buildings and people and all that stuff that you didn't paint, I can see it. and it's BIG, too. Good stuff.

Hideyoshi
    Very nice, very nice! I love the rendering and the lights within the city. You need to work on your perspective though... do you use a perspective grid for your art? If you don't, you should certainly try it.

voraz
    It's pretty flat... I can certainly see you taking this piece further.. but It just doesn't seem finished to me.

bumskee dude, that's totally cool! The clouds are freaking brilliant! One crit for you: you have so much going on at the end of the fortress, but I don't see birds nor anything else anywhere else in the picture. It seems to me like you went for a total composition but you didn't go through the execution of it.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the comments, and very many thanks to all who have voted for my piece. I really appreciate it. And a special thank you to form for getting this thing started! I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you have to offer for the future!

I wrote some crits and comments for you all, but take them for what they are, just my oppinions and perhaps not so accurate observations.

bumskee: I really like your piece. The leaning fortress gives a threatening feeling. The surrounding landscape works well too, although some of the sketchiness is too sketchy.. tightening it up at some areas would make a huge difference I think.

voraz: I think your piece could use a couple of more hours of work actually. Try to clean it up some, add some more details and textures, and don't be afraid to paint over your linework at some places.

Hideyoshi: Great piece man.. I can't think of any good crits for you, just keep it up. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

bwkeough: Love it! It has a great magical feeling to it. Looks like a place I'd love to visit. Keep it up.

Pootle: There's something weird going on with your perspective i think.. perhaps the perspective of the fortress is too extreme? I wish I could explain it better.. it just looks a bit weird to me. Other then that it's a good piece, I like the epic feel it has.

Red_Rook: Cool piece.. Perhaps some more work on the grass area in the midground would be nice.. I'd like to see some more shapes and variation there. Keep it up, can't wait to see more from you.

artkitty: lol, well done both art wise and humour wise. Keep it up.

Johannes: Your brushwork is a bit too soft.. try to use some harder edged brushes to tighten everything up. Some more colours would really help your picture to pop out more too. Keep it up.. I really like the layout of your composition, everything is well placed and has a nice flow.. it just needs some more work.

ecsdesign: Great work man. No crits. You captured the mood perfectly, love it.

Form. Cool piece.. The ball shape is a nice take on the subject, but the surface reflection could use some more work and be a little bit tighter as it's one of the most domiant feature of your composition. There's also a small conflict of scale between the searchlight and the structures on the top of the ball. I think if you would have worked in some fine details around the source of the searchlight the conflict would have been solved.

PolinaH: Sorry, but I can't see your piece...

Vimmzy: I would have liked to see the top of your building, cropping the picture right where I think the building ends doesn't work so well for me.

Koshime: got my vote. My first reaction when I saw it was "damn, I wish I had made that". Only crit is that the atmosperic perspective on the middle part of the pillar may be a bit too heavy, I'm not sure about that though, and the piece works great as it is.

Mitze: Good colours and nice mood. However, the shape of the fortress is a bit confused. The light that hits it suggests that it's a rounded wall, but the details suggests it's a flat wall.. which is it?

MIKECORRIERO: There's a lot going on in the composition, perhaps too much? I don't feel there's anywhere for my eyes to rest. Somehow I get the feeling you were experimenting alot with this one, as I've seen much tighter environments from you. There's some good stuff going on in your piece though, the bridge and the buildings in the background works well. Looking forward to see more from you.

princeofhappiness: A bit too sketchy I think. If you would have tightened certain areas up I think this would have been a much better piece. It's obvious you have copied and flipped one side of the picture, nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time, but I think it would have been a good idea for you to work over the edge where the two sides meet, as it looks a bit sloppy right now.

Sinix: Cool piece, but I think just a few more hours on it would have made a huge difference, as I don't get the feeling it's quite finished yet.

Ilothcat: The text on your piece makes it look like a cover for some 80's rock album.. The actual painting is good though, The bright sky and the frog view perspective is just right for a titan fortress. Only crit except for the text part, is that certain areas looks too smudged.. some harder edges would look good I think.

PHATandy: The red details and the panels in the structures walls works well, but some perspective would have helped your piece alot, it's all very flat. We should be able to see some of the bottom of all the rounded shapes.

Oregano: I think the text is quite distracting.. and takes away alot from your piece. Also I'm a bit confused about the scale of the thing in the foreground, I gaev no idea how big or small it is. I really, really like the cold blue you have worked in at the bottom of your fortress though, it makes a beautiful contrast to the warm ground. Keep it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1