Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea Suggestions

Thanks
    The White City
    The Hall of the High Tribunal
    The Elysian Fields
    Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    The Hunchback´s Bell Tower
    Jack the Ripper´s Alley
    A Gypsy Camp
    The Public Baths
    A Mountain Monastery
    The Fountain of Youth
    The Imperial Mausoleum
    The Ancestral Manor

Sorry if any of these are repeats.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This isn't necessarily a specific topic but it was something that's been rattling around in my head for a while... I'm sure it's been brought up or even attempted before...

As concept artists, we have to remember that the environments we create may one day be turned into an actual 3D environment. We have to be mindful of why the environment exists, who built it and why, how it works, entrances and exits and potential benefits/hazards. If it's not man made, then what created it, or how will someone interact with the environment if they happen across it?

As we complete the EOW challenges, I've noticed that we come up with a lot of amazing images, which is awesome, but not a lot of actual designed environments. I propose for one round that we not only submit a fully rendered image of the environment, but also plans of the complete environment, illustrating the ins and outs of its design and purpose. This would include bird's-eye-views, elevations, architectural details/motifs and (in the case of game level design) danger areas, traps and hazards and entrance/escape routes (navigation).

Could be cool... it would definitely take some time, but it'd also be a learning experience for everyone.

Thanks
    - the ancient gallery
    - the forgotten library
    - the forgotten city
    - the frozen desert

...just popped into my head whilst driving home

Thanks
    the steampunk planet or
    " " city

Thanks
    WWII-style Command Complex: A sprawling Napolionic era fortress in South Africa, but modernized by the Dominate of the Drakia with cutting edge 1930s and 40s technology - concrete bunkers dug into the fortress' bedrock, giant radio masts and air field installed within a adjacent chainlink compound, the fortress itself has modern naval guns intalled within it's angular, low set walled keeps. Grey pillboxes line the outer wall, dragon's teeth embed the dry moats, powder houses are serving as modern armouries, Hond tanks trundle around the sandy parade grounds, WarDir officers man the guard blocks, and light Janissary armour patrol the roadways...

Bond Villain Lairs:

* A warehouse, dock yards or office block with a sprawling secret complex built beneath it.

* A small island bought out by a villain's corporation and turned into a elaborate DHARMA/Crab Key style complex, with monorail system installed for transport.

* A flooded volcano crater with a helipad rising out of the lake basin, with the rising helipad's bridge joining up with the tunnel entrance leading into high-tech complex built into the crust of the volcano crater's wall.

* A derelict church refurbished into a villain's high-tech safehouse.

* A mountaintop restort or mansion, with the requisite villain's complex bored into the mountain the legitimate villain's front establishment is built on.

* Alpine castle refurbished into villain's compound.

* Ditto for Edo era Japanese castle, with requisite suicide garden, and monorail system.

Idiran Warship: The interior of a Idiran warship that took part in the Culture-Idiran war - medjel barracks, main corridors, command bridge, effector ports, core chamber for enslaved AI system, Idiran brigs, non-Idiran slave blocks, central shrine, docking bays, private Idiran quaters, and communal Idiran quarters.

Orbital Community: A Culture village or town located on the residential plate of a typical Culture Orbital.

Homonda Residency: A partially submerged complex with triangle/pyramidal architecture.

What do you think of my ideas?

Thanks
    I haven't read previous posts, hope I don't repeat someone else's ideas...

- The watchtower
    - Mad Scientist's Laboratory (a classic...)
    - Cyborg Battle Arena
    - Morgoth's throne room
    - Vulcan's forge
    - Cityscape of a world (ours) without water nor oil...

Thanks
    The Ideas:

1. Hidden Sci-Fi Cityscape dwelling within a Dark Jungle
    2. The Ancient Throne Room of Lucifer
    3. Bermuda's Hidden Island: Here, lies the answers.
    4. The Forbidden "Necromancer's Cemetary"
    5. Ruins of an ancient civilization deep within a forest of mystery.
    6. The Master Suite at Area 51
    7. The Molevalent Palace of Medusa
    8. Mother Nature's Favorite Vacation Destination
    9. Heaven, Earth, and Hell at: negative 300% Zoom...haha
    10. Undiscovered Yetti Fortress hidden deep in Antarctica
    11. Remains of a Jungle after an Era of Biohazardous Waste Dumping
    12. A Welcoming Forest of the Gods
    13. The Dark Meadow of Decaying Life
    14. Modified Treehouse by Little Boy Prodigy
    15. Drowned Temple in a Jungle's Cave

...There are some of my ideas right off the top of my head.
    Unfortunately, there are like 5+ pages so I doubt any of these
    will be chosen, or even glanced upon. It's late though (3:30AM)
    I gots ta' get to bed now. Hope my ideas help out a bit.
    Last edited by Shrew11; December 21st, 2007 at 07:07 PM. Reason: ...Saw a Flaw...

Thanks
    I have the feeling that the current topics try too hard to come up with something overly creative, while actually, they don't attract that many people to participate. I'd rather choose a topic that doesn't force you too much into a certain direction and leave more room for individual interpretations. I am also missing some strong 'conceptart' vibe lately...

Ground Zero
    The pagoda
    Field of dreams
    Arena
    Foreboding Corridor(s)
    The stairway
    Apocalyptic wasteland
    At the waterfalls
    Highway
    --(-)|dE--

portfolio

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus
    Thanks
    an ants perspective
    the tree
    down down, deeper and down
    almost to the top
    where does jack frost life
    a valley only fit for a mouse king
    the monolith
    its a dogs world

Thanks
    as it turns out
    the hard part is coming up with somehting that hasnt been done before. And..

Hideyoshi
    I have no idea what you mean by "conceptart vibe" I would think that "concept art" would be the topics with specific briefs which are apparently too difficult for people to come up with creative solutions for. The big generic topics draw the biggest crowd but are the least "concept art" realated. if you were working to make concept art I assume the brief would be specific
    as In "I need a mediaval village in day light with four cottages on the left and a well in the the center of a village green"

I try to mix things up so that people can either flex their mental muscles and try new things or something that fits their niche will roll around every couple weeks.

I can't please all the people all the time. In fact I can't please some of the people any of the time apparently. tell you what
    PM me. you can pick the next topic. The only caveat being that if you pick the topic. you are honor bound to participate.
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    "Ground Zero" is a cool idea for a topic. Maybe the EOW can follow the path that the Character of the Week took and have the winners choose the topic for the next rounds.
    Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    whoo, ok.
    I didn't want to sound offensive if it appeared that way. I remember we had some mild dispute over the topics in EOW some time ago already...
    What I meant with concept art vibe was simply referring to themes that revolve a tiny bit more around concept art as used in films or video games.
    Something that is instantly recognizable as 'mainstream' concept art and evokes a strong sense for an environmental setting. It's a little difficult to explain what I mean... For example, looking at the current topic I don't see much relation to concept art. I wouldn't deny that concept art is strongly tied to sci-fi and fantasy because these genres always demand for thorough conceptual ideas and get the imaginative fluids running...
    I would diagree on your statement about concept art always being combined with clear-cut descriptions. Shouldn't it be the concept artist who gives substance to an idea? I'd rather think of it in terms of giving personal conceptual finesse to a rather broad topic and interpreting it. Thus, more people would be attracted because there's more room for own development.
    Sorry, if some of the above sounded rather gibberish/contradictory but I am a little tired...
    I also don't want to discuss this any further, think of me whatever you want...
    And no, I'd rather not choose the next topic, please go ahead and continue!
    I will just try to participate more frequently again and face uncomfortable topics as a challenge!
    --(-)|dE--

portfolio

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hideyoshi For This Useful Post:

grenogs is offline im sparticus, no i'm Sparticus , no I'm Sparticus
    Thanks
    Is EOW actual purpose aimed towards concept art? I always got the impression it was similer to CHOW, basicly to create the best looking image from the given brief. Its sometimes the artists choice or in most cases its the specific brief given to whether its aimed towards concept art, illustration or any other art industry. So therefore I would have thought even the brief right now fits perfectly into EOW, as it is afterall an environment, only difference is this time, its not fantasy, it doesnt have dragons, space ships or any other gimicks to sell your image. Your basicly being asked to produce an environmental image to the best of your ability, which is no different than any other week.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast