Follows
    Following

Russia.

hello. photoshop CS2. about 2 days.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess that with the title "Russia" that it has a message .. that it is political .. critiqual in some way of life in russia ... ?

More info please so that we know what u are trying to express & what U want to achieve with this image

IMO needs detail in background & the head is too big ... there are other issues but 1st more info .. so that we know what to C+C

Welcome to CA ckeu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hammer and Sickle replaced with Knife and Syringe? Excellent political statement - and this is coming from a Russian.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the replies - yes indeed, Vyper got it right, since Russia never got a new symbol, i decided to create one by myself - one that reflects the life in modern Russia.

Yes, I am russian, but to be honest, I dont see any hope in this place. I just want to get out of here desperately. Once someone gives me ANY opportunity, work in US, whatever, I'm out of here TOMORROW.

I will be doing a serie of paintings with one subject - Russian life today. This one is kind of an introduction to it. Poohgee, I agree about your comments about details and head, if you have more, I'd gladly hear them. Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This might be a stupid question, but.... Is the symbol suggesting drugs and violence? i don't live in russia or hear much about the country.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Indeed. Definately, NOT medicine and cooking.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to the board, CKEU. You're off to a good start.

Banner Art, courtesy of Mike Phillips.
    http://www.mikephillips.ca/

My Website
    http://e-nexusone.com/
    Where Entertainment and Enlightenment meet.

The Voodoo Brothers
    http://www.thevoodoobrothers.com/

Blues/Psychedlic rock at its best.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ckeu I totally agree with you about Russia. I was born in moscow and 5 years ago I moved to Canada. and when I compare Canada with Russia...Canada seems like heaven. I like your painting, but it doesnt speak to me about drugs and violence because I see a good looking, healthy female as the main subject.

I Am Colorophobic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Ckeu I totally agree with you about Russia. I was born in moscow and 5 years ago I moved to Canada. and when I compare Canada with Russia...Canada seems like heaven. I like your painting, but it doesnt speak to me about drugs and violence because I see a good looking, healthy female as the main subject.
    Really? I don't see that at all. What I see in this image is someone who is pretty, but tired, with too much makeup and too little hope; a depressing, dready landscape, capped with violence and drugs. I'm very glad I don't live there anymore.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a bad image, I would change the woman's hair a bit. It looks as if she has a helmet on. Other than that, it is a good and poignant piece.

I saw this piece yesterday and it got me thinking about Russia, a country I would like to visit one day and experience. Growing up in America during the Cold War and the Reagan administration (and Ford, and Carter, ok, I am in my 30's) I was always fascinated by this country and especially its myths and legends. Then I received an email today from some Russian site, out of the blue (Kavkaz Center) some sort of weird "news" or "fact" website and saw this:

"ATTENTION! Administration of Kavkaz-Center informs that russian special services in an effort to carry out a provocation are sending out unsolicited emails (SPAM) to internet users on behalf of our agency. Kavkaz-Center notifies that it has no relation to this."

I think I will go back to wearing my aluminum foil helmet to keep my thoughts from being read by aliens and Russian special services. Keep up the good work, ckeu, I hope to see more work from you. Sorry about your wanting to get away from Russia, if you want out so bad, I do hope you make it.

bat

----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.