Art: My grandfather colored

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

My grandfather colored

i desided to color this.. kinda like how it turned out since it still looks like my grandfather
    1,5 hour coloring C&C welcome!

i looked at allot of pics from dsillustration for skin tones.. helped me allot hope ya dont mind

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Certainly is good.

The head looks quite big compared to the shoulders IMO .. but I dont know him
    & Im not completly at ease with the way the person is cut off at the right .

Just IMO

Thanks
    hmm yeah the cut off thing.. thats my bad.. as for the big head.. well guess he looks that way.. looked at the pic again.. but same there.. here is the black n white version btw

Thanks
    sorry for the bump but this is gonna be a present for my grandmother.. so i want it to be good.. any crits on this plz...
    maybe some good tips on how to make it a more interesting piece imo it looks a bit to boring .. but well it IS a portrait .. most of the time there just isnt much to it
    anyone?>

Thanks
    you should post a ref pic.

Thanks
    As for skin tone matters, maybe to tanned ans saturated, IMO, shou should make some seccions a little more pale, so the details and light source can be more relevant, aslo i think speculars wont help, speculars only appear after the skin gets wet, try to dry him up a little.

Actually im really loving the B/W sketch, it haves something that got lost in the painted one....huh, and one more thing, the photo was probably taken with an old camera, so it makes the eye´s specularst to look odd, try to make the speculars of the eyes a little more defined regardless of the original picture.

I hope my opinion helps

Thanks

Arrow

Hah .. its my comment again .. if nobody else comments ..

BTW IMO a lovely present

It is already really good ....
    but U want more critiques .. okay

well yeah the cut off bit .. but I guess thats unchangable ...
    the jaw line in the colour one looks longer than in the black n white version ..

Hau about painting ... is the above digtal paint or real (these progs are now so good .. Im finding it hard to tell ) paint ?

Ehh .. hau about painting on top of the balck n white version or well .. doing a copy & painting on top of that ... because if U colour in the balck n white leaving the white I guess ... i.e. not painting to edge (the cut off issue would else then come up again) .. then I dont think there would be anything to complain about .. but its a matter of time & being bothered to do it ..

The jaw line in ur painting looks kinda perfectly rounded off .. which is well .. kinda strange .. xept if he looks like that ...

The ear in the kala one seems 2 stick out someohow a lot more towards the viewer than in the B&W version IMO

The lightest area of the forehead (just below hair) looks in my eyes ( IME ) as to be standing out a bit too much .. somehow appearing to me as maybe for him to have a bump or so .. maybe tone that tiny little bit down

Maybe give the clothing a bit more detail ..

Im not sure bout background .. okay leave it how it is IME

the right bit (from viewer) of the neck looks IME too light no longer suggesting the appropiate natural form ...

Man I feel Iike a really mean & nasty negative person .. now that Ive moaned about such a good piece in such a big amount .. but U wanted C+C ...

Just IMO

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.