Art: Curious

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Curious

Hybrid View

Mersades Guest

Curious

Hi all - newbie here. ^_^ I'm tranfering colleges in the spring to enroll in an animation program. I've been trying to get my life drawing skills and speed sketches to a higher quality while I'm hanging around waiting to get training from people who know the medium. While I have an excellent teacher at my current college who came from traditional education in Europe, he rarely has time to sit down and really critique my work like I want. I'm one of those people who loves to have my work picked at so that I know where to keep improving, as I'm super-stressed about making it in the highly-competitive animation world.

That said - would anyone here be willing to critique my life drawing work? I have some work on my site at http://www.zianet.com/dh/gallery/life/ but it's mostly from the first half of the year. I'd like to know the strong points in my work (I just cannot pick them out as I stare at my drawings constantly and I'm never satisfied) as well as some things to improve on. MANY thanks to anyone willing to lend their advice.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Just took a look at your site. The life drawing stuff, better drawings are the faster clothed models. Some of the nudes get heavy handed. Look up Glenn Vilppu, great life artist, He teaches to draw from the inside out. If you draw fast 30 sec. gestures they will help you with your proportionss, blind contour is also an awesome way to find the contours of that exact model.

I hope this helps keep drawing, I am.
    ELWOOD

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.