Art: Mausoleum
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Mausoleum

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mausoleum

Long long time ago I did a sketch of some sad, sitting warrior. Recently I found it and ... well, you see the results. Hope you like it, I spend MANY hours rendering this one. Done in Photoshop.

Last edited by rakot; October 21st, 2005 at 02:51 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the steps look like a flat wall to me.

shouldnt you see some of the tops on the lower ones?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    His right leg looks humongous compared to everything else... and the foreshortening on his left leg isn't that convincing.

As far as the stairs: (In addition to charger's comment) In 1-point perspective, you should be able to see the sides of the stairs where it meet the walls on either sides...as you can see the side plane of the posts
    ...and If we are around eye level at the top of the posts then I think we should be seeing more of the bottom plane of the door frame

...(anybody agree/disagree with this?)

the wooden handle of his weopon gets lost against the door - you want to separate that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascar Capac
    As far as the stairs: (In addition to charger's comment) In 1-point perspective, you should be able to see the sides of the stairs where it meet the walls on either sides...as you can see the side plane of the posts...
    i was going to say that but then i started think those maybe infront of the stairs so i didnt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dito with the stairs
    the door, letters and wall are really nicely rendered!
    there are a few things that maybe could improve the piece to a deserved level:

-the center of the caracter becomes a big black hole, maybe you should add some lighter stripes to the coat thing, or some metallic parts that shine out and help to define the form
    -the foot near the sword looks strange, because of the cast shadow. makes it even bigger
    -I'd add one or two light (maybe silver?) rings on the handle of the sword. just a tad below the top/head of the handle. this will probably reinforce the vertical composition
    -you could push the lights on his armor a bit more, but thats probably a matter of taste

hope this helps, if you wanted critique at all, and if you want to spend even more time on it
    I really like the mood!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooh it has the right feeling!!!
    in finland itīs autumn ,the cold is coming , grey everywhere, the wind is blowin the leaves from trees....
    yes it has it , yep , but few things among those already said here.
    hmm. if the wind blows from right to left , the wind would have affect on his nice long white hair. I donīt know the right word for it but the hair should move in the wind.right? or is it just me? what do you think, or are the leaves just falling by them selves?
    and Iīm afraid that your composition is falling to right. and the reason is that the mausoleumīs great doors lean a little bit to right. or again... is it me ?
    and you should add something to the jewel or amulet or whatt he is holding, to the get the viewers eye into it. (oooh, my english) maybe a little bright shine to it or something.
    ok , enough said.

like it , like it a lot.

SketchbooK

The Trick Is To Keep Breathing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you guys for the comments.
    Yeah you all were right about the steps and other stuff.
    Edited it a little.

2 Rascar Capac: the sides of the steps are behind those side things with the urnes so we don't see them

2 PERKELE: I envy you, man. We don't have here the autumn there is in Europe No yellow/red/orange leaves falling, nothing, the weather goes streight to a parody of winter and then it becomes rainless summer again

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.